Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Default Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

i suggest a redo of the japanese units. the katana samurai are great and all, but they seem to be overpowered as they can destroy most european infantry pretty easily. at least in my experience

Falcum4ever-
    you said that the mod exits between turn 20-40. Yes it does, but I've made it to turn 37, and end turn, and then it just exits as it passes the rebels. Any way great mod, you've out done yourself

Falcum4ever-
    you said that the mod exits between turn 20-40. Yes it does, but I've made it to turn 37, and end turn, and then it just exits as it passes the rebels. Any way great mod, you've out done yourself

What's up with the Dismounted Fulbe Knights? Half the face looks European and the other half looks like a frickin ork, lol. Is there something up with my computer? Do I need to change a setting? Love the mod and keep up the good work! :p

I've been playing with this mod for couple weeks now, and it's really fun. Thanks for all your hard work.

A couple thoughts and suggestions I've come up with during play:

-There needs to be an over-land option for the Bosporus strait. Multiple times I've seen a jihad called, and the turks and/or egyptians would march towards constantinople and then just stand around on the wrong side of the strait for a bunch of turns until eventually failed jihad. It's kinda sad. The original medieval 2 let you march units across the strait.

-I would really like to see a sun-god religion for the aztecs and mayans, with the "sacrifice" option that was available in kingdoms where you could sacrifice captives for happiness.

-India (and several other cultures, but India is the one I played the most) needs either an expanded naval unit roster, or else the lack of navy should be mentioned in the weaknesses box when you choose your factions. Being limited to only the starting ship is a severe disadvantage, and you end up getting all your fleets sunk constantly which is frustrating.

-It would be fun and interesting if, when you conquer an area formerly controlled by another culture, you got access to build some of their units there. Much like the britons campaign from kingdoms, where you could be irish and take an english province and be able to recruit english faction units from it. Such things did happen, at least from time to time. Plus I like varied units and getting access to new and different unit production would be fun, and probably prompt me to go and conquer far flung places.

This could potentially allow factions which lack certain types of units to overcome that weakness. LIke if you're playing as the Byzantine empire, you could conquer a province that has buildings for gunpowder units. Then suddenly you can train gunpowder units, though only from that province.

Hi

In turn 20 and 40 I never had a CTD but now after the turn 50 I have 2 CTD?

WTF?

Laetus

Thank you Falcom for this excellent mod - the first one that I have ever downloaded for any game. I have just finished the short campaign playing as Egypt. Yes, the bug you mentioned occurred, then after that I pressed escape and saved (overwrote each time) before pressing the end-of-turn button and I had no more ctds, and finished around turn 255.

Most enjoyable to have a whole new, interesting addition to the original game and I look forward to playing as other factions and slowly exploring this "new" game. Thank you and the other contributors for all your hard work.

PeteInHist

umm.. I'm getting CTD's on my startup of the chola clan on any rebel settlements I am taking and I am having to autoresolve to get past the battles... Anyone can tell me what is going on ? I love this mod btway... it's exactly what you wanted to play the frst time you tried medeival..it's like,, Oh how dissapointed you are that you can't invade india, or the america's... Mad rep to the mod squad here. Thanx for making M2 playable again.

I also, agree totally with mr. DreamTheivs comments. The few things that are obvious missing...Sun God worship...and the straight at Constantinople would be a good idea. It would be very kool to do what he said about recruiting as well, but that's sort of a wish I'd say he'll probably never see.. The other 2 are capable of being pulled off and make the game seem more complete.

I think you should daila and korea on Falcom Total War 3this is a proposal

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

wut?

I'd Korea. but wut is about Daila? waht you want us to with Korea and Daila? i cannot your suggestion.

Seriously what is Daila? I can't find anything relevant to history when i look it up on google.
    Last edited by yuezhi; September 11, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

I think you should add daila on Falcom Total War 3

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

define daila.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

I also very want play daila. you can add daila on be not?attention you speak define daila ie stars?ie you will not add daila on Falcom Total War 3 ahdaila and champha will be additional on Falcom Total War 3 be not?daila period dinh dynasty

you can dailai and champa on Falcom Total War 3 be not?

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Hi I have just played your mod for the first time. I played Denmark and there a few things I would like changed.

First the voice is for the English faction and tells me that the things I do is for England that is quite annoying. If you have not been able to record some voice overs for the factions (which is fine) then I would opt for the option of no voice over at all.

Secondly I am not a French speaker and would like it if the buildings and their descriptions were done in English. If not for the mod it self then as an optional English DL if possible.

Thirdly there should be a possibility to walk from Jutland to Sealand (Denmark mainland to the Danish Island) I know that ferries and bridges were used at the time but for managing the Kingdom that would help an already disadvantaged faction.

Fourth I don't know if buildings are limited but it would be nice with some cultural buildings for Denmark. (I have not tried another faction so I don't know if this could be said for other factions as well.)
    I watch and Learn

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

-There needs to be an over-land option for the Bosporus strait. Multiple times I've seen a jihad called, and the turks and/or egyptians would march towards constantinople and then just stand around on the wrong side of the strait for a bunch of turns until eventually failed jihad. It's kinda sad. The original medieval 2 let you march units across the strait.

-I would really like to see a sun-god religion for the aztecs and mayans, with the "sacrifice" option that was available in kingdoms where you could sacrifice captives for happiness.

-It would be fun and interesting if, when you conquer an area formerly controlled by another culture, you got access to build some of their units there. Much like the britons campaign from kingdoms, where you could be irish and take an english province and be able to recruit english faction units from it. Such things did happen, at least from time to time. Plus I like varied units and getting access to new and different unit production would be fun, and probably prompt me to go and conquer far flung places.

This could potentially allow factions which lack certain types of units to overcome that weakness. LIke if you're playing as the Byzantine empire, you could conquer a province that has buildings for gunpowder units. Then suddenly you can train gunpowder units, though only from that province.
    I Agree with these, plus it woul be great if you could get permission from some of the other mods out there, to further expand your unit diversity and add new units, plus eliminate the disgusting vanilla units!

You could make a basic AOR Zone!

THANKS ALOT for this great mod!
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

I Agree with these, plus it woul be great if you could get permission from some of the other mods out there, to further expand your unit diversity and add new units, plus eliminate the disgusting vanilla units!
    THIS! Definitely this! I suspect other modders would be more than happy to help!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

Icon1 Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Awesome job on the mod, i played it and enjoyed playing it . CTD i think has to do with a certain cfg file, I'm still trying to locate it. I had to relocate a few unreachable resources, but I'm unable to move the Serbia settlement (unreachable ). I think if there is a way to put a road before starting the campaign, it could work. Any progress on a patch?

Laetus

@Falcum4ever: This mod is awesome. It does need some work and polishing up, but it is excellent already and shows great promise.

BTW, when I install the mod, the text of the advisers is in French, and I am using an English-language version (in Australia, BTW) which as I understand is the same version that is sold in France, how do I make sure the advice text is in English?