Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Default Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Please post here your suggestiong and the bugs you might find during your play.

Please nota bene this before posting :
    Between the turn 20~ and 40~ you might get randomly 3 or 4 CTD. This issue was not found, but you can just reload your game and continue to play, you will very likely lost nothing but time.
    After turn 40, you will not get CTD anymore and can continue to play until the end

If you are stuck with a crash on AI turn when it is the turn of the rebels to play, you can hold the 'ESC' key on AI turn. This will prevent from crashing (it is insane, but it works)
    Last edited by falcom4ever; May 31, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Default Re: Falcom Total War III :Suggestions & bug fixing

Starting with a nation or loading a save game is very slow.. is it a common problem or?
    My config is:
    win 7 ultimate 64bit, 4 core amd 2.80ghz, ati radeon hd 5750, 4 gb ddr3.

Thanks.

It is probably the map that takes long to load. I have a great computer and the loading/start is the only thing that takes time.

Laetus

Well first of all that is a really great mod.it is nice to play on world map for a change at medieval 2
    Well so far as i played game is getting crashes when looking at some unit cards especially militia units i got crashes at halberd and some levy spearmen i guess at mongol faction.Also why do mongols speak as spanish accent since there was mongol faction in vanilla ? or do i have somekind of bug since i had plenty of mods before installing.Anyway i hope mod will be much better after patches it is really great mod but map and unit pictures seems to need a bit of more work(some unit pics still have peasent pics )

Haha I had to put spanish accent becaue mongolian accent is incomplete and does not exist in my version of the game (french). I would like to make new accent asian accent but it is not the priority as I have other important things to work on the mod.

First...thank you for the mod to end all mods. thank you
    Now that's out of the way, my suggestion is simple...
    Can you put the actual Mali Empire flag into the mod instead of the tribal flag from Europa Universalis. It is a really simple flag. Red boder with yellow square in middle. looks like this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mali_Empire_Flag.svg

Thanks again
    Mansa Sakura

double_r111's Avatar Laetus

First I just wanted to say I love the mod, as soon as I read about in on the wiki page, I became interested in it. However, in my Inca campaign, I have run into a problem. Upon taking some cities in south america, I noticed some of them were mott & baileys. I could upgrade them to better castles, but the only things I could build in those castles were roads and ports and I don't have the option to convert them to cities. I haven't taken any castles outside of 2 in south america, so I don't know if the problem includes all castles or just several buggy castles. The castles also looked like villages on the campaign map, and I had to build a second mott & bailey in the village before I was able to upgrade them beyond mott & baileys as there was no castle in the settlements to begin with, despite the label on the campaign map claiming they were mott & baileys before. I would assume that the problem has something to do with the meso-american factions not having any use for castles, but I'm not a modder, so I have no idea if that even has anything to do with it.

In my Japanese campaign I found a small problem: When castles in the Japan/Ryukyu/islands in that area are upgraded the models on the map look messed up (not sure what's going on here but thougt you should know!)
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

I think you should be able to get to South America and the Caribbean from West Africa. Historically that is how the Europeans got their via the Canary current. Why do I have to go past England and Greenland to get to the Americas? Can this be fixed?

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

@falcom4ever you should consider cleaning this board up for consistency. last i checked, this board is called Falcom 3. There's a lot of DM (and Falcom 1?) stuff that i don't think belongs here.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Tyrenia's Avatar Tiro

Just a small thing I've noticed that should be easy to fix. Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro still use French language for many of their upgrades (I'm thinking particularly the castle upgrades and roads). This is ok for me, because I speak French, but the some of the anglophones out there might appreciate the fix.

Thanks

P.S. I also second the suggestion of allowing passage via the Canary Islands to South America. Playing a migration game as HRE is a lot more difficult if it takes you a billion turns to get to your destination
    "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything"
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Domesticus

Dont know if I should have posted my idea in the other thread, but here goes :-P I dont have this yet BTW, but gonna have it downloaded and sent to me soon XD

Anyway, unless the Papal States is required, I say replace it with the Kingdom of Sicily or some other Italian faction(Venice would be the best besides Sicily I think). Or just make an overall Italian faction...in large scale games like this, I find that an acceptable break from reality as long as the Italian states are all mentioned and represented XD If the Papacy is required, maybe find a way to make it so that the Pope functions without a faction?

Also, I think the Iroquis might be a better fit for North America than the Apaches, since this mod goes up to the early days of colonialization. The English didnt mess with Apaches in Virginia :-P Didnt mess with Iroquis either, but they were closer to the Algonkian type Native Americans than the Apaches XD

Too bad we cant have over 9000 factions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Dont know if I should have posted my idea in the other thread, but here goes :-P I dont have this yet BTW, but gonna have it downloaded and sent to me soon XD

Anyway, unless the Papal States is required, I say replace it with the Kingdom of Sicily or some other Italian faction(Venice would be the best besides Sicily I think). Or just make an overall Italian faction...in large scale games like this, I find that an acceptable break from reality as long as the Italian states are all mentioned and represented XD If the Papacy is required, maybe find a way to make it so that the Pope functions without a faction?

Also, I think the Iroquis might be a better fit for North America than the Apaches, since this mod goes up to the early days of colonialization. The English didnt mess with Apaches in Virginia :-P Didnt mess with Iroquis either, but they were closer to the Algonkian type Native Americans than the Apaches XD

Too bad we cant have over 9000 factions

No addition factions sorry but it is simply impossible. And factions will remain as they are. You can mod yourself a submod if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by MansaSakura View Post
    I think you should be able to get to South America and the Caribbean from West Africa. Historically that is how the Europeans got their via the Canary current. Why do I have to go past England and Greenland to get to the Americas? Can this be fixed?
    With caravel or big boats you can go everywhene

With small ships you have to sail mostly along the coasts.

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    @falcom4ever you should consider cleaning this board up for consistency. last i checked, this board is called Falcom 3. There's a lot of DM (and Falcom 1?) stuff that i don't think belongs here.
    Yup but I am not at home and with only a iphone to go to internet :0). Got no time for now but soon when I am back .

Domesticus

I figured as much on additional factions, I was just saying for replacements/modifying them, get more bang for the buck kinda thing

Oh well, if I ever get broadband, maybe I'll try it, but wouldnt want an overall Italian faction to have the pope, that'd seem a bit overpowered. ITALY RULES THE WOOOORLD

I was trying to load the battle editor. It acts like it's going to load, then dumps me back to the main menu. (I wanted to tinker with making more MP maps and historical battles.)

I suggest removing scotland and adding a either the Khwarazmian Empire or another russian faction. For the simple reason that scotland had little influence and that area around the middle euro-asia seems bare.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Hi,

man buidlings have french names and english descriptions - quite funny

Merchants are hardly worth building maybe you could tweak that?

otherwise great mod - I really enjoy - thanks

Dominici's Avatar Libertus

Hi, is there any way to have only the pope make crusades or have the Pope approve the crusade? I'm playing as the Pope and a fraction called a crusade against, Byzantium which is my ally, now the English, also my ally. Or could the Pope outlaw them for doing something. Like attacking the Pope's ally. And also could the pope give missions to the catholic fractions at any give date in game? I am a rtw not a mtw2 modder and I don't know the limits of mtw2.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

no, you can't control what the pope is doing like approving crusades or giving missions. but from what i know Ai factions don't get missions, they're just for the player.
    but as the Pope you can excommunicate catholic factions just by attacking them. so they can get a crusade upon them, or in your case with the crusade on Byz, you can attack the factions that join the crusade, so because they are excom they can't join a crusade, so their crusade armies will leave the crusade and won't attack Byz.

Laetus

I would suggest more campaignsmooth map features, such asa mountains around parts of hungary. I was just playing a hungarian campaign and i wiped out poland on the first turn. Well second turn but it was my stack against 4 units
    The solution many people take when making a global map is that the crowded areas are blown up. So in areas like central america and europe, the map is made proportionately bigger due to the large amount of factions in such a small area. Civ 4's mod because "ryhe's and fall" europe is larger in size than it would normally be. I find that espcecially in europe, the small area that island given is simply too small to effectively show the amount of action. This would give space to make coastlines and mountains more smooth.
    Otherwise, this is an enjoyable mod that is only really held back by hardcoded and game engine limitations.

Also, is there a plan to improve rosters or implement graphical improvements? With a new mod, that would of course come secondary to actual content
    Thanks
    MrG

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast