Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.4 released

Default Re: Sub-Mod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 1.2 Released

I just thought of something. If Mordor hasn't taken Mina Ithil and acquired its palantir for the Dark Powers, would use of the palantiri by Gondor or Arnor necessarily be corrupting for their faction leaders? Just a thought.

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    I just thought of something. If Mordor hasn't taken Mina Ithil and acquired its palantir for the Dark Powers, would use of the palantiri by Gondor or Arnor necessarily be corrupting for their faction leaders? Just a thought.

JAMES
    Is there possibility of using Palantir anyway for submod? I thought that was for Isengard/Mordor in original LOTR TW (dont remember exactly, long time didnt play) and is removed in the submod.
    But if we talking about that- in this submod using of palantirs should be possible (sometimes) but without corrupting effect. Because Sauron don't have any palantir yet- and corruption in LOTR TW is because Sauron have palantir and could corrupt/see any other who use it. But don't know such a change is easy to make. It's better to ask DarkCarlos when he is back. But don't know when, it's quite long when he stoped write here. I hope it's because he decided to work with the submod and maybe he will write when will reach enough good progress.

And about your instalation- maybe it's time for you to reinstall whole RTW and that could fix your problem. Original game on harddrive from time to time could become broken (at least smarter people in stuff like this say that)

niko21's Avatar Civis

Hello again for long time. In LOTR TW there is one faction that has Palantirs couse if you think about what is Gondor? is it a faction whit 3 Palantirs? Yes indeed so then Anor? again some more Palantirs. So mby they could be used.

Can someone give me a link where to download? The link on the first page is death.

Icon4

Please reload download link old one is dead.

One more thing i was reading on previous pages your discusion on angmar. Angmar did not have uruk-hai units(which appear in late third age made by saruman), most of angmar's armies where made by orcs and hillman and snow trolls of the mountains. Arnor fell because of few things. It was weaken by civil war and it was splited in 3 kingdoms and because they were unprepared for open war or any kind of war
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; September 01, 2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Double post

niko21's Avatar Civis

Martinas please read also the other pages as we all know the fact about the uruk hai .

Okay, what about download link for submod?

niko21's Avatar Civis

Well I cant know where to get a download link but when Dark carlos returns you can ask him (he is the developer) but for my self I dont have this sub mod anymore couse it ed up my lotr tw and I had hard time getting it back so I kinda rage quited.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinias View Post
    One more thing i was reading on previous pages your discusion on angmar. Angmar did not have uruk-hai units(which appear in late third age made by saruman), most of angmar's armies where made by orcs and hillman and snow trolls of the mountains. Arnor fell because of few things. It was weaken by civil war and it was splited in 3 kingdoms and because they were unprepared for open war or any kind of war
    Hey there. Soryy for delay... I had the submod and I have just reuploaded it.

NEW LINK FOR THE SUBMOD: http://www.gamefront.com/files/22194382/FALL+OF+ARNOR+TW+VERSION+1.1.7z

It's the newest version (1.2) but the number in the title just remained as 1.1

And we know about Angmar, Martinias ; ) This mod is in early stage with factions reality but i hope DarkCarlos is able to continue the work (if he returns...). If you are interested about Angmar you can check out my Angmar suggestions for Carlos, here: Attachment 239504
    Last edited by TesalionLortus; September 01, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Icon7 Re: Sub-Mod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 1.2 Released

Thank you very much for the link tesalion I will take a look on angmar suggestions link as well tnx once again

I grew tired of original lotr tw for now because when i try to conquer mordor with gondor, easterlings or haradrim attack me and soon after this i get owerhelmed

Mod looks preety good, however there are some things that could be changed (my opinion):
    1. Cities of arnor should have an option of building a stonewall except Annuminas(which was by that time allmost unpopulated its citizens went to fornost which became capital ) little more buildings for arnor for they were still a big nation with culture

2.King Argeleb used to be a direct decentant of Numenoreans however only in Arthedain there were pure Numenorean nobles.

3. Cardolan used to be quite important and powerfull ally for arthedain soo cardolan could have basic arnor infantry archers, men at arms and spearmen.

Otherwise i think that mod is truly good one of the best for lotr tw congratulations to creator of the mod respect
    Please don't take it offensive only a suggestion

Mod looks preety good, however there are some things that could be changed (my opinion):
    1. Cities of arnor should have an option of building a stonewall except Annuminas(which was by that time allmost unpopulated its citizens went to fornost which became capital ) little more buildings for arnor for they were still a big nation with culture

2.King Argeleb used to be a direct decentant of Numenoreans however only in Arthedain there were pure Numenorean nobles.

3. Cardolan used to be quite important and powerfull ally for arthedain soo cardolan could have basic arnor infantry archers, men at arms and spearmen.

Otherwise i think that mod is truly good one of the best for lotr tw congratulations to creator of the mod respect
    Please don't take it offensive only a suggestion
    Yeah, you have right. The mod is still great job so far but imagine what great submod could we have if the creator keep fight the good fight with this... I think Arnor/Angmar are the most important factions in this mod, so (coz I have no modding skills at all) decided support the project with my ideas (but long, useful, and ready schemes, not only my opinions on the forum). First I made ready scheme for Angmar and DarkCarlos (the creator) said it could be very useful for him- but he havent come back on the forum yet, since that conversation. And he even promised to give me to the rep for that... (i hope he is fine, and just decided to focus on submod instead of writing here ).

So yeah, I know about Arnor and I could be even ready to made such good scheme also for them and many other factions. But about Cardolan, they were the ally but in fact I think they should have weak units, with lesser armor. (coz the time frames are good if we place it after destruction of Cardolan by Angmar- read my old posts about time frames to see what i mean, I copied it down ....)

--------------------------------------
    And about time frames, i dont know is there any exact time when the mod starts but:
    I suppose it should be after Gondor civil war, something about 1450 when Castamir is dead and his sons declared independence in Umbar: So lets say the submod starts in 1450...

- so fallowing Gondor's events- Harad is the new force because they have already freed themselves from gondor's influence (mainly because gondor lost Harad to Castamir's sons- and as for that in the submod it could be even later changed that it's Gondor who don't have strong fleet and their ships are expensive- because it was said that Eldacar could not follow Castamir's sons, as the fleet was under rebels control

- Moria is ok, the miners of Khazad-dûm delved so deep that they disturbed or released a balrog about the year 1980... and after that Khazad dum became abonded Moria... so it's existed in 1450

- now about Cardolan: in 1409 a large Army from Angmar broke into Cardolan and devastated the country, The last King of Cardolan died in this conflict, and Cardolan was shattered. Cardolan did not recover and the region of the Barrow-downs entered hobbit legend as a place of mystery and danger- what means a bit after this Angmar invasion in 1409 (which could be our 1450) Cardolan was without the King and it was the end for them- but whole population cannot just dissapeard, it still can be named Cardolan and have own leader (without numenorian blood) who still try to save the rest of this country (and he don't have to even help or be the ally of Arnor=Arthedain); there is said that the last Cardolan Dunedain who have their refuge in Barrow-downs died in the time of Great Plague; Free Peoples as the base for this faction is even perfect because such Cardolan shouldnt have strong, heavy units but only weak peasents, town militia etc- and the best from their units could be even light Dunedain people- light, so why not Dunedain Archers just in the form like later Rangers

- and finnaly about Angmar and Arnor- 1450 is the year set in gap between 1409 and famous 1974 when final assault on Arthedain was lauched by Angmar; 1450 could be good start year so the player could chose he will strike fast or will wait long (sending only weak units for skirmishes) and destroy Arthedain later in great total attack (like Withcking did in 1974); but yes, Arnor for sure needs improvements and their units should be weaker/ or more expensive (and that for sure will be made in future)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

So I hope DarkCarlos will be back with some progress (or at least strong will to continue). For now we could waiting and enjoy his work so far
    And if you read my Angmar suggestions for Carlos, remember that I made it comfortable for him (coz he can't change some things with the units, I made it possible for him to do; with better improvements and creation of completely new units he for sure needs skilled help from other modders)

niko21's Avatar Civis

it would be better to make Arnor soldiers have longer recruiment time instead of higher costs or weaker unit couse Arnor is a big country and money is no problem to it but no matter how big your country is you just cant win the recruiment times. I think that Carlos doesnt know how to do it but if he could it would be epic to change the ranger spawn to spawn the elite units of Anor that also a possible way of balancing them but I dont play the sub mod so i rly dont know how much balancing they need (I only played the early version of this and never played whit Anor/Angmar couse got depressed by Uruks).

Ok i see that moding here is a problem i know a bit about modding(intro movies about faction, adding details about settelments and units all about units, recruitment time, cost of units, unit attack and defence, number of soldieers in one unit ALL THESE IS NOT A PROBLEM I HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE CAUSE I MODED MANY LITTLE MODS FOR MYSELF)

I could mod this things in day or two but that mod is made by CARLOS as you say I don't have a premission to mod this submod and i don't know how he would react on me modding and improving his submod

Ok i see that moding here is a problem i know a bit about modding(intro movies about faction, adding details about settelments and units all about units, recruitment time, cost of units, unit attack and defence, number of soldieers in one unit ALL THESE IS NOT A PROBLEM I HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE CAUSE I MODED MANY LITTLE MODS FOR MYSELF)

I could mod this things in day or two but that mod is made by CARLOS as you say I don't have a premission to mod this submod and i don't know how he would react on me modding and improving his submod
    It's good you offer your help, and Carlos (when he come back) for sure could be glad to hear it. I think the things which you said Carlos is able to do (for sure he is able all units stats, costs and numbers coz I aksed him). The main problem for Carlos is creating the new units (with completely new models- he is able only to edit existing units a bit, and in that matter he can't be creative... anyway creation of units from the begining is for sure hard work even for person who know everything about it...)

Yeah, I think you shouldnt modding his submod without a permission on you own hand. But if you really want to help with this, propably you could offer the help to Carlos with modding when he comes back. So he could give you some tasks so the progress with submod could be quicker.

But for that we all must wait until Carlos is back here... (you can also try to send him PM about it, so he could see this if he check his account here)

OK, i would help with this submod because the plot is very good and interesting, ok no problem i have a lot of freetime now during sommer. From october to next summer i perhaps won't have much time becouse i will be first year on collage.

About creating enterily new models of soldiers yes it is quite hard and a lot of work you also have to know how to work with photo shop or corel and you have to know much it's not easy at all.

One question what did you mean by this"(you can also try to send him PM)" what is PM? Iam newcomer on this forum.

niko21's Avatar Civis

I can answer that one PM is short for private message.

One more thing i would like to ask on this forum this may not be appropriate but i am very courius. If anyone of you read a book SILMARILLION (tolkien wrote it) can this person tel me what is about in this book what is the plot i have seen that the book have quite high rates on internet. I havn't seen expanded summary of the book.

tnx for answer