Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.4 released

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Patch 2.1 Released

The Castamir/Umbar faction also has Dalian/Northmen names, i fixed this myself in my own folder by changing the dalian names to adunaic or sindarin ones
    Would also be interesting to explore Rhun, maybe Rhun could be split up into Balchoth and Khand as seperate factions if the mod hasnt hit the faction limit.

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Patch 2.1 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    The Castamir/Umbar faction also has Dalian/Northmen names, i fixed this myself in my own folder by changing the dalian names to adunaic or sindarin ones
    Would also be interesting to explore Rhun, maybe Rhun could be split up into Balchoth and Khand as seperate factions if the mod hasnt hit the faction limit.

Thanks for the heads up on the Umbar names, they will be fixed later as well for some other stuff that still needs changes, as for Rhun I will be honest and tell that Isn't in my plans to invest time in a new faction since that would take a lot more time than I can spent in the mod.

Also the version 2.2 has been released as well the translation.

Cheers.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Patch 2.2 Released

Really love the new portraits!

I would like to learn how to add a background like your portraits have as i have done some work on making generals portraits for my own use in mods.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Why was the Black Gate unique battlemap removed ?
    I also think according to the lore, large parts of Mordor were occupied by Gondorian troops during this period.

Really love the new portraits!

I would like to learn how to add a background like your portraits have as i have done some work on making generals portraits for my own use in mods.
    Thank you, they are quite easy once you get used, my tip its to play a bit with the layers and the effects on photoshop. When I have time I can pm you the things done in photoshop, they can be improved too!

Why was the Black Gate unique battlemap removed ?
    I also think according to the lore, large parts of Mordor were occupied by Gondorian troops during this period.
    As for the battlemap, that was really my mistake... now fixed should look like:

Battlemap

Strategy Map

As for what regions are owned by Gondor I had to remove some from Gondor because balance as always, they were really OP at the start and I think that its far better if they dont own as many regions than making the regions bigger so they have the lore friendly area without being OP.

Thank you, with this one should be three things fixed because you mentioned them.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; May 15, 2018 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Typo

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much !

Could Isengard be re added and modified to look more like before Saruman took it over?

Thank you very much !

Could Isengard be re added and modified to look more like before Saruman took it over?
    Sadly I can't re add the Orthanc tower and I just don't know why, would love any help in that regard if possible if anyone knows why.

In the other hand I managed to change some of the slots in the buildings of Minas Ithil.

Minas Ithil, Angrenost and Morannon will always have an evil look remaining since I can't edit the models though.

Cheers.

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Patch 2.3 Released

Added patch 2.3 and this one will be the last patch with the exception of any bug I get with any feedback.
    Enjoy!

Cheers and see you next time all, hope anyone will have fun with this submod.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

The link for patch 2.3 is actually a link for 2.2
    Could you fix this?

The link for patch 2.3 is actually a link for 2.2
    Could you fix this?
    Fixed, thanks and enjoy.

Cheers.

It says something like script inactive for some reason? I followed the installation instructions.

Is this compatible with version 3.02?

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Cardolan Revamp released

Greetings good people of twcenter, so after i played a bit in my free time with the faction of Cardolan the other day i saw that the faction was pretty much unmodded so i decided to change that with a little revamp for the Kingdom of Cardolan, here are some pictures for comparison:

Cardolan Before

Cardolan After

Cardolan Revamp Link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4m89r2...%255D.rar/file

Changelog:

-Change in color of Cardolan Faction and banners
    -Change in names of some characters to be more lore friendly
    -Updated some units for Cardolan
    -Now the barbarian culture to which Cardolan belongs have a optional interface that looks better for Cardolan
    -Fixed minor bugs

Instructions

Just copy the content on the folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Alexander/alexander/lotrtw/data
    The revamp can't corrupt older save games since it mostly touch the interface and some files that dont mess with the saves, but for a unit of Cardolan [Cardolan Sentinels] you need to start a new game so you can recruit it since they are mercenaries.

It was a really small update but i hope you can have fun with it, so enjoy!
    Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; November 16, 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.4 released

New version released!

For this version, it won't be neccessary to install previous patchs and both the translation and the english version are in the /text folder. I hope this version can be easier to intall with that said. Enjoy!

Uploaded first page but still here is the link:

Fall of Arnor 2.4
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/9xsj67...A_2.4.rar/file

Cheers!

I have a complaint.

Cardolan can't built siege weapons, now this wouldn't be such a big deal except... when mixed with the forced diplomacy.

This means I can't take one of the settlements I need to win because the garrison isn't big enough to consider sallying and there's no nearby armies and any attempts to siege end before I can build any equipment.

Please fix this ASAP. it's a massive and a half, and a real black mark on an otherwise stellar and fun campaign. As I had to resort to create_unit just to finish the campaign to make a catapult in order to siege Cameth Brin which was taken by Lindon early on. And now I feel the whole campaign is sullied because of it. You don't even have to touch scripts, just letting folks recruit catapults as Cardolan would help. Seeing as how they WERE an Arnorian successor kingdom, and so shouldn't be bereft of knowledge. So it's not like it'd go against "lore".

Also please consider making Cardolan Sentinels recruitable in Tharbad and Tyrn Gorthad. It'd help make Cardolan more distinct rather than feeling like base campaign Free Peoples with one or two units thrown in.

Edit: Another minor tweak idea for Cardolan?

I'd recommend giving Ostoher the Cardolan Royal Guard unit for his BG rather than the Cardolan Sentinels. It fits both aesthetically and with who he is supposed to be as well as what the units are for according to the unit card information. Also maybe making the tabard/tunic thingy of the Cardolan Royal Guard the same shade of green as that of the Cardolan Wardens.
    Last edited by Widowmaker94; December 26, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

message scrubbed as it was no longer relevant
    Last edited by Widowmaker94; December 31, 2019 at 02:00 AM.

Have gone through and given some retextures (alongside all my other Cardolan tweaks) to give Cardolan its own flavor.
    Screenshots

In addition, Cardolan has been given their own faction leader title, and I've gone ahead and fixed some typos and errors in things such as lore when it comes to descriptions and such. Don't mind that Tharbad says village when it's a Large City, I just cheated it to max to show off the unit recruitment for Cardolan. Admittedly, it is missing one unit but that's due to Tharbad not having the required hidden resource to build stables.

I should be doing unit cards soon, and if the mod maker is okay with it I'll see about packaging my tweaks as a submod for this submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker94 View Post
    Have gone through and given some retextures (alongside all my other Cardolan tweaks) to give Cardolan its own flavor.
    Screenshots

In addition, Cardolan has been given their own faction leader title, and I've gone ahead and fixed some typos and errors in things such as lore when it comes to descriptions and such. Don't mind that Tharbad says village when it's a Large City, I just cheated it to max to show off the unit recruitment for Cardolan. Admittedly, it is missing one unit but that's due to Tharbad not having the required hidden resource to build stables.

I should be doing unit cards soon, and if the mod maker is okay with it I'll see about packaging my tweaks as a submod for this submod.
    As your first post, I will add the catapults and give some tweaks in a future patch but thats still not enough for releasing a patch so I will check what more to fix/change so its worth the upload of a new version.

As for your enhacements to my submod its ok If you post them as a submod of this one, I find great that someone had enough fun in my submod to even make some changes so thank you and feel free to add a link when you are ready and I will edit my first post to add it.

Thanks and looking great your retextures, keep the good work!

Failde to open sound database error :|

Going to make balancing changes, and see if I can work out how to give the Cardolan Royal Guard longswords as a side-arm, but I've added Amroth as a king to Lorien and a bunch of other changes.

I've also made the Greyflood river a proper "river" with ports and such.

I've also closed off Gorgoroth from Nurn and Ithilien, and sealed off Dol Guldur. So that the campaign focus isn't so much on Sauron, as it is on other Men and Elves and Dwarves.

I can undo that if anyone wants that.