Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.4 released

Default Re: Sub-Mod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 1.2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by Martinias View Post
    One more thing i would like to ask on this forum this may not be appropriate but i am very courius. If anyone of you read a book SILMARILLION (tolkien wrote it) can this person tel me what is about in this book what is the plot i have seen that the book have quite high rates on internet. I havn't seen expanded summary of the book.
    I read. And it isn't one plot. There is multiple plotlines and stories which cover it and the main plot is the story about Silmarils (and the war between elves and Morgoth-who stole the sirmarills). But it's much more. In fact this great book contains whole world which tolkien created from its begining to the end. I mean there is actually a history about god, creation of world and god's children (elves/ humans), wars between Valars and Morgoth (lesser gods) and whole history of Tolkien's world which contains the story of Numenor, rising of Arnor and Gondor, last alliance and even short summary of the war of the ring (just EVERYTHING, mythology, serious stories, wars, and fictional history of the lands- if want to really discover Middle-earth- and that what was earlier- you should read this ; ) It is the real master piece from Tolkien which was born before he wrote just a short piece from deep history- I mean Hobbit, LOTR here)

And about PM, it's Private Message
    And I see you know something about creation of new models/units. So I have a small request. In fact Carlos told me that my units suggestions were good for him but he said about it only one sentence and after that he dissapeard from the forum. So I would ask you to tell me my Anmgar suggestion could be really easier for Carlos to do (if he is not able to create new shapes/models; he is able only to edit textures in existing models).

Coz it's better to me to know. I could better know then which of my ideas i collect in mind could be good, easy to do, and which could be hard and difficult. Of course you are not Carlos but just in your opinion

To Tesalion

First thank you for telling me about the book(I was actually looking for a book that little more tells abot the dunedain about Numenor and in that way)

Yes I totally agree with you edithing unit is easier thing becouse you have all things that you need(you just start using things that are already created perhaps you also add something)

I have not done a new unit i was just combining old units betwen each other from exactly the same reason I was reading and watching some things on internet abot creating totaly new unit and it is a lot of work

Hello, so long to visit the page lol for some problems on my pc could not continue, now that all repair achieved I will continue if there are still followers of submod of course that xD

I will continue the project, but I have to see if they take a new version of LOTR TW mod

NEW LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?d4r9wt9uvec37pp
    thnx to TesalionLortus for the txt files

Btw I take the chibi character from Devianart and i make this Dock Icon for the new version:

How about this icon?
    Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; December 15, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Asukav~ View Post
    Hello, so long to visit the page lol for some problems on my pc could not continue, now that all repair achieved I will continue if there are still followers of submod of course that xD

I will continue the project, but I have to see if they take a new version of LOTR TW mod

NEW LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?d4r9wt9uvec37pp
    thnx to TesalionLortus for the txt files

Btw I take the chibi character from Devianart and i make this Dock Icon for the new version:

How about this icon?
    hehe, nice xD New Link you added is improved? Or is it the one I have?

Now we shall see there are people who care about submod or not. Rome 2 is coming but I doubt it will be so freely modable like Rome 1 is... So still old good Rome TW (or medieval 2) seems to be the perfect base for middle-earth universe in any shape!

Ohh, why you changed the nick, Calros?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

new dl link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    new dl link is dead
    it works for me, mate

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    it works for me, mate
    File Blocked for Violation. is what I get

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    new dl link is dead
    It was my mistake for uploading there [that page deletes all]
    Try with this:

http://depositfiles.com/files/e5yptxfcw

Or this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22754...Version%5D.rar

Not many changes TesalionLortus, startup screen and some others things but soon I will work to delete the Uruk-hai

As for my nick, I disliked to put my name in the nick

Quote Originally Posted by ~Asukav~ View Post
    It was my mistake for uploading there [that page deletes all]
    Try with this:

http://depositfiles.com/files/e5yptxfcw

Or this:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22754...Version%5D.rar

Not many changes TesalionLortus, startup screen and some others things but soon I will work to delete the Uruk-hai

As for my nick, I disliked to put my name in the nick
    ok, i see. And thx for the rep, I can see it now ; ) Ohh... And i think your post about giving m a rep still is somewhere in this thread so you can always check if you doubt xD

And i will see the little changes soon. Good luck with replacing uruk-hai and rewamping angmar faction

Default Re: Sub-Mod Rise of Arnor Total War released

can someone PLEASE help me with instal instructions for steam? Also is 1.2 a standalone version?

Could I get some more instructions on how to have this and the original game. Thanks!

Please save this submod guys it shouldn't be dead ..

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.0 Released

Version 2.0 released and edited a bit the thread.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Asukav of Epirus~ View Post
    Version 2.0 released and edited a bit the thread.

Cheers.
    Niice! That's awesome!
    It looks like it's a very complete mod with lots of additional work. The reskins and subtle unit changes I also really like.
    There's basically no chance I'll be able to get around to playing this anytime soon though (much as I'd probably like to), but I'd love to see any sort of more pics or details about what seems like quite a lot of work that's gone into this.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnDan View Post
    Niice! That's awesome!
    It looks like it's a very complete mod with lots of additional work. The reskins and subtle unit changes I also really like.
    There's basically no chance I'll be able to get around to playing this anytime soon though (much as I'd probably like to), but I'd love to see any sort of more pics or details about what seems like quite a lot of work that's gone into this.
    Thank you!, It was quite a work translating and making the submod compatible with the version 3.0 (And a headache included ) but totally worth it.

I added new pics and will add even more in the future (about the pics of Minas Ithil; they are WIP atm but I will change them to look more gondorian as possible).

Cheers.

Edit: Added Optional Spanish Translation and fixed the instructions.
    Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; May 02, 2018 at 07:38 PM.

Default Re: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Patch 2.1 Released

Hi again, new patch released!

Here is the changelog:

Version 2.1
    -Over 340 unit cards and info cards resized, they now have a standard size.
    -Dwarf lord custom strat texture fixed
    -Changed the colour of noldor units
    -Added mercenaries to Arthedain
    -Fixed a ctd issue with Erebor
    -Fixed the ctd issue with Cardolan although the faction still is marked as unplayable but you can edit the descr_strat and make it playable (The reason of being unplayable its because this faction and rhovanion are pretty much WIP)
    -Arthedain units boostered

Cheers.

It's looking great!
    Thank you for the new patch, and for the spanish translation.

Just a couple of suggestions to simplify the installation instructions:
    1) Since your mod pack already includes its own map.rwm that will overwrite the old one, I think this part is not needed:
    °Delete map.rwm file from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\Alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander
    2) If you include your desired descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt (I suppose the vanilla RTW version) in your next patch, this part would not be needed either:
    °Delete descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt from C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War\Alexander\lotrtw\data
    For people interested to play this submod (or any other) without overwriting the original files, it is possible to use the tool JSGME (included in lotrtw since v3.0). You just need to extract the whole "FoA 2.0" folder to ...\Rome Total War\Mods\, and then to enable it by executing JSGME.exe. This tool simply copies the submod files to the main folders, but keeping a copy of the previous files, so they can be restored when you decide to disable the submod.
    I have just tested it this way, and both campaign and custom battles loaded without problems.

Keep the good work!
    Last edited by Bardo; May 07, 2018 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    It's looking great!
    Thank you for the new patch, and for the spanish translation.

Just a couple of suggestions to simplify the installation instructions:
    1) Since your mod pack already includes its own map.rwm that will overwrite the old one, I think this part is not needed:

2) If you include your desired descr_aerial_map_ground_types.txt (I suppose the vanilla RTW version) in your next patch, this part would not be needed either:

For people interested to play this submod (or any other) without overwriting the original files, it is possible to use the tool JSGME (included in lotrtw since v3.0). You just need to extract the whole "FoA 2.0" folder to ...\Rome Total War\Mods\, and then to enable it by executing JSGME.exe. This tool simply copies the submod files to the main folders, but keeping a copy of the previous files, so they can be restored when you decide to disable the submod.
    I have just tested it this way, and both campaign and custom battles loaded without problems.

Keep the good work!
    Thanks a lot, it means a lot.

Thanks also for the advice I will remove the descr_aerial_map... step next patch and will include it in the lotrtw folder.

The new patch will include new portraits, fix for some faction/cities names and last but not least Cardolan will be fully playable.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; May 09, 2018 at 02:59 AM.

Thg170's Avatar Libertus

Shouldnt the Iron Hills settlement be in Dwarven hands instead of bandits?

Quote Originally Posted by Thg170 View Post
    Shouldnt the Iron Hills settlement be in Dwarven hands instead of bandits?
    If I remember correctly the Iron Hills are in hands of dwarves in this timeframe, so yes it was a mistake that never got fixed as a lot others but in the next patch should be addressed more because of balance than lore to be honest.

But then again the submod isn't 100% lore friendly and they are some things that I will keep like Castamir heirs ruling Umbar 40 or so years before.

Cheers.