Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Submod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 2.4 released

niko21's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Sub-Mod Rise of Arnor Total War released

mby if there wouldnt be Dale easterlings would win Rhovanion but if Rhovanion would have Dale regions.

Default Re: Sub-Mod Rise of Arnor Total War released

Well not a bad idea, maybe Dale could be the Castamirioni dynasty ....

niko21's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Sub-Mod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 1.1 Released

Well I have no idea what that is.

Nice progress so far. I'm glad that you are still developing ideas for this mod and have real intention in making it with time more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCarlos 129 View Post
    It's ok this unit?, which I modified with various textures, this would be the snow troll:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Well, snow trolls are not canonical so I guess you could make them as you wish...

Well I need help in the descriptions of the units of Angmar and rohan (Rhovanion)
    Rhovanion could be some mix between Dale units and some low-tier Rohan cavalry (and maybe some infantry) units. Angmar should much more rely on humans. There is really not much canonical description of their units, so use imagination. As I said before Rhudaur fought for Angmar, and of course, Rhovanion people are of Northman stock (as Dale people...).
    Quote Originally Posted by niko21 View Post
    ... I want to ask why dwarfs start whit only Khazad dum and Kibil dum why not Iron hills or Erebor?
    I’d say that Erebor is not in posesion of the Dwarves because it was was founded after loss of Khazad-dûm (T.A. 1980).
    About to how to play it without the sub-mod sorry but i do not know if it's possible to put a sub-mod foldered in a mod foldered.
    You can easily play both games (LOTR:TW and FOA:TW) if you:

- Install LOTR:TW on your computer;
    - Copy lotrtw folder from your RTW->alexander folder to desktop (or anywhere else...);
    - Rename it to lotrtw1 or something else;
    - Install FOA:TW (extract data to lotrtw);
    - After the FOA:TW installation is over copy lotrtw1 folder back to alexander;
    - Now, if you want to play FOA:TW simply run the icon. If you want to play LOTR:TW rename lotrtw to lortrtw2 (or something) and lotrtw1 to lotrtw and simply run the icon. Simply by switching those two folder names you can play both games.

I hope that will help.
    Well I have no idea what that is.
    Gondorian “rebels” during Kin-strife:

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Kin-strife
    http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Castamir
    Last edited by Jagmodo; June 06, 2012 at 08:57 AM.

niko21's Avatar Civis

Well that explained a lot i am satisfied whit the information and I will be waiting for new info about the mods development.

Thanks Jagmodo

I gonna put as units of the umbar rebels; the marines of Pelargir (rename to dunedain marines) and some units of Gondor, so I can use and modify Dale units for Angmar.

Also I will change the units of Dale to give a more darkness aspect.

What do you think about the new name of the sub-mod, more appropriate is it not?

niko21's Avatar Civis

Yes the name is better but still I think that Angmar should be the number one nation to be improved couse it needs some real units not uruks.

TheWitchKing's Avatar Semisalis

The last Kings of Rhudaur were not of Númenórean blood, but were descended of Men in the service of Angmar. Under their rule the land became a vassal of Angmar, and thus enemies of Cardolan and Arthedain. Angmar annexed and terminated the kingdom in T.A. 1409.
    Arthedain was finally destroyed in T.A. 1974, when the Witch-king captured Fornost. The next year, in the pyrrhic Battle of Fornost, a coalition of Elves, forces of Gondor and the remainder of Arnor's armies destroyed Angmar and freed Fornost.

The Old Kingdom of Dale was most propably formed around the year T.A. 2590 by the Northmen who lived in that area for centuries.

Last edited by TheWitchKing; June 08, 2012 at 03:01 AM.

Yes the name is better but still I think that Angmar should be the number one nation to be improved couse it needs some real units not uruks.
    That I leave in the end, for now here they are Castamirioni units;

And the Angmar//Rhudaur units

And last but not least, new loading screens:

The Castamirioni are units of Gondor and Harad, Rhudaur are units of Dunland.

As I said before, I can not create new units since I have no knowledge as to do so, if someone wants to offer to help ....

Default Re: Sub-Mod Fall of Arnor Total War Version 1.2 Released

Version 1.2 Released, first post edited & new link.

Enjoy

Edit:

Some amateur signatures here, hope you like them :

Last edited by ~Asukav of Epirus~; June 13, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

looks cool...you need install instructions tho...where do i put the data folder with just the building models?

yeah...totally crashed my game cause i just cut n pasted everything over everything else...glad i made a back up

Quote Originally Posted by elwe_singollo View Post
    yeah...totally crashed my game cause i just cut n pasted everything over everything else...glad i made a back up
    Hello, sorry for the inconvenience, instructions here:

Extract data and alexander folders in the directory of rome total war:

C/Program files/The Creative Assembly/Rome Total War

Delete map.rwm file from the folder \ alexander \ lotrtw \ data \ world \ maps \ campaign \ Alexander

[Just delete]

Enjoy

First post edited, now there are instructions and notes.

Installed the mod with no problems, and have really been enjoying it. As the Arnorian player, I had finally upgraded my training facilities at Fornost to the point where I could generate Arnorian bowmen, but whenever I try using them in a battle the game crashes to desktop. Any idea what could be causing this? Many Thanks.

JAMES

UPDATE: I attacked a large Angmar army with a single unit of bowmen, and that worked, but for some reason an attack by (or on) the larger Arnorian army causes a CTD. I don't know why? Has anyone else had this problem?

JAMES

Hello first of all welcome, as I was checking about your problem and not happened to me, if you could upload your save game to gamefront would be easier to solve.

Thank you.

By the way here the image to see it as give me not ctd:

Hello first of all welcome, as I was checking about your problem and not happened to me, if you could upload your save game to gamefront would be easier to solve.

Thank you.

By the way here the image to see it as give me not ctd:

Thank you very much for such a prompt reply. I should have kept my last saved game, but shortly after my last post the mod stopped responding altogether and I deleted it, which leads me to think I did something wrong in my initial installation. I'll be certain to post again after I've made a full reinstall. I was really enjoying the mod and appreciate the effort you put in.

JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    Thank you very much for such a prompt reply. I should have kept my last saved game, but shortly after my last post the mod stopped responding altogether and I deleted it, which leads me to think I did something wrong in my initial installation. I'll be certain to post again after I've made a full reinstall. I was really enjoying the mod and appreciate the effort you put in.

JAMES
    No problem, let me know anything anyway I will be checking if I have mistakes in battle, what is more I played the campaign.

This sub mod looks great. I have to try it but don't know when I will have the more time... Anyway I saw you need some inspiration for Angmar units. Do you know LOTRO, online rpg? The events took place in the same time what Lord of the Rings book but land of Angmar is there the main eveil force. Angmar finnaly was created by the Withcking. He corrupted many men so propably half of Angmar's forces should be men. But not only wild men... I will show you the examples from Lord of the Rings Online...

And below full armor example:

And what about half-orcs?

wights?

for elite unit?

or maybe some corrupted dwarves which is a cool rare concept

Thats all for now. I saw your posts and you said that you cannot create new units so some of this could be impossible for you (especially the dead) but hopefully you will able to find more people who will help you in future to make the mod better and better. It's up to you but keep my suggestions in mind because it could be usefull in future. I haven't play your submod yet... but I need to play in free time and see how it looks for now.

And for now I can only say: keep up the good work and hopefully you will find more moders to continue this project! Sadly I don't have experience in modding like that so can't help you much. But one last thing: your submod is using LOTR TW music, right? It isn't bad, movie music fits good to all kind of LOTR projects But some tracks from Battle for Middle-Earth game also could fit the submod. Anyway it's only and you propably don't want to add new music especially for the submod. But if you will want to include new music in future, you can tell me. I'm good in choosing epic tracks so it fits well to some things...

So good luck again! And write what do you thing about the ideas for units.
    Last edited by TesalionLortus; August 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TesalionLortus View Post
    This sub mod looks great. I have to try it but don't know when I will have the more time... Anyway I saw you need some inspiration for Angmar units. Do you know LOTRO, online rpg? The events took place in the same time what Lord of the Rings book but land of Angmar is there the main eveil force. Angmar finnaly was created by the Withcking. He corrupted many men so propably half of Angmar's forces should be men. But not only wild men... I will show you the examples from Lord of the Rings Online..

And for now I can only say: keep up the good work and hopefully you will find more moders to continue this project! Sadly I don't have experience in modding like that so can't help you much. But one last thing: your submod is using LOTR TW music, right? It isn't bad, movie music fits good to all kind of LOTR projects But some tracks from Battle for Middle-Earth game also could fits the submod. Anyway it's only and you propably don't want to add new music especially for the submod. But if you will want to include new music in future, you can tell me. I'm good in choosing epic tracks so it fits well to some things...

So good luck again! And write what do you thing about the ideas for units.
    Thanks for the suggestions Tesalion and sorry for the delay.

I'll check if I can do something with units of Angmar, perhaps just the textures, if someone wants to help just send pm .

Btw sorry for cutting your post but it is very long for a quote