Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor and patch released

Default Re: TEd battle map editor and patch released

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Slightly annoying that. Don`t remember such hoops for other Mods, it even spiels off about steam again. It makes SEGA\CA appear very unfriendly to the buying gamer and fans and creates needless perceived suspicion.

They shouldn`t worry so much. No one`s going to nick the mods and sell them and if anyone does you wouldn`t need all that malarky, just `cease and desist`, job done. I remeber someone actually try to sell a Mod once and that was stomped on more heavily by fans than even the company of the game itself!
    My guess was that it's just a hoop that the legal department at Sega want them to put in.

even if you don't want the map editor, you still need to agree to its license agreement as it also covers you playing on maps that have been created by other people. Today 11:10 AM
    -right it should have the agreement show up on the download menu for the maps, not before it lets me play the stock single player campaign. That's what irritated me so much.
    Last edited by Iforgot; May 25, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

So I put a custom brush into the EditorBrushes folder.. but it doesn't load into TEd when I relaoded the editor... hmm.. anyone may know why? It is in a grayscale, 512x512 png format... so im not sure why it wont work.

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDAx69 View Post
    Does anyone know how to look up and down -___-
    and how to rotate buildings . it's really annoying me
    After 3 days of trying, I've found the rotating buttons, it's
    ctrl+alt

hello (im french sorry for my bad english)
    how to play with your map when you create one ? i save the map before quit the editor i start th game to try my map in battel mod vs IA but nothing in the list of map :/ plese somone can help me its very dificult for me =/

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by jonny duck View Post
    My guess was that it's just a hoop that the legal department at Sega want them to put in.
    Yes. But that`s more needless legality to cover themselves, like the banks.

I often wish that we could write our own legal contract back to SEGA at the point of their contract on the game to say, "My legal counter-contract states that I shall play your game without having to agree to your contract forcing me to sign this since I will not be using your Mod tool and I do not agree that the danger is such that using a Mod made by your tool is worth signing this. Thankyou"

A pity that there is not such a legal counter contract the consumer could use without having to go through long legal court cases. Would also be useful against other establishments that sign you into their accounts then 6 months later, change the contract to have an excuse to start charging you for say, using their cash points.

Quote Originally Posted by DaanB View Post
    After 3 days of trying, I've found the rotating buttons, it's
    ctrl+alt

Actually its just holding alt down while moving the building around with the mouse...

as far as looking up and down hold your middle mouse button+right mouse button down and move the mouse around.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TimLuther View Post
    kamikazee786: Yes, you can! Just place any custom brushes as grey scale PNG files in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\ted_data\EditorBrushes
    and restart TEd.

right ive followed those instructions, ive made a few brushes and saved them as grayscale png formats, ive placed them in the editor brushes folder and they do NOT load up when i restart ted,

can someone make a video tutorial for creating and saving these brushes, id be extremely grateful

and does anyone know how to rotate a brush in ted ???

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Did you try the middle mouse button?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Did you try the middle mouse button?
    love ya +rep

Quote Originally Posted by tom741 View Post
    hello (im french sorry for my bad english)
    how to play with your map when you create one ? i save the map before quit the editor i start th game to try my map in battel mod vs IA but nothing in the list of map :/ plese somone can help me its very dificult for me =/
    up

kamikazee786: Sorry, you can't rotate brushes in TEd. One work around is to have a few rotated versions of that brush in your brush folder - if you're going to do that though, watch that the brush isn't too big (or that there aren't too many different rotations) as large brushes use up quite a lot of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by TimLuther View Post
    kamikazee786: Sorry, you can't rotate brushes in TEd. One work around is to have a few rotated versions of that brush in your brush folder - if you're going to do that though, watch that the brush isn't too big (or that there aren't too many different rotations) as large brushes use up quite a lot of resources.
    id make my own custom brushes if i knew how, is there a tutorial or a certain program that im supposed to be using because ive saved them as grayscale png formats and they still wont show up in ted

Steam ing scared me when it said my whole installation had been corrupted and suggested complete deletion of everything. Luckily, restarting it seemed to work...

The custom brushes are just png files you can edit in GIMP/PS. The brush bit is in white and the empty bit is in transparency - with degrees of transparency for whatever's in between.

I've not managed to create a new brush entry, but you can use your own brushes by simply overwriting the existing brushes with your own file - I chose the soft brush to overwrite since I never use that anyway.

Question - why are some walls climbable by default and some are not?
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; May 28, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I made an epic map But I can't get the deployment zones to work correctly. I set the alliances and i can play on the map, but i can only use half the deployment zone. I made a box in the editor, but it makes a wierd cut off traingle in game. Anyone know how to do the deployments?
    Also, heres the link to how I built the map, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wial...2&feature=plcp

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Is there any update to TEd ? I just activated FOTS and realize that TEd is also updating...

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Matsudaira Takechiyo View Post
    Is there any update to TEd ? I just activated FOTS and realize that TEd is also updating...
    late reply but; I believe that is just from all the extra stuff you can use from FOTS in TEd eg; coastal guns etc...
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    ---------------------------
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

I have a question, if CA were to use this map creator for their maps now, does this mean that up till now they have been using 3rd party programs like 3ds max for ALL their maps? If so, it explains why most of the campaign maps are so similar to each other.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast