Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor and patch released

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: TEd battle map editor and patch released

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    One question though, do people think it's going to be possible to mod maps into the SP campaigns? That is what I'm really looking forward to.
    I've read somewhere in the official forum someone (from CA) says it's not supported but possible.

Normal field battles might be difficult if not impossible but siege is possible since there's a fix location of every town/city on the campaign map.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Does anyone know how to change the name of the new maps that you create?
    They all have the same name as "My first shogun 2 map" and when i want to load one for a custum battle i don't which one is the one i want.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Is there way how to make castles, because there is not any guide how to make castle?

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi10 View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the name of the new maps that you create?
    They all have the same name as "My first shogun 2 map" and when i want to load one for a custum battle i don't which one is the one i want.
    Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\maps then click on your maps folder and go to map_info and open with word document then fill in where the letters are in bold or delete whats there then type.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    Is there way how to make castles, because there is not any guide how to make castle?
    I cant find one either
    I think its just go for it and see what it turns out like!

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by jonny duck View Post
    The guys on the Sekigahara mod reckon it should be simple enough to add in custom siege maps to the SP campaign. Land/naval battles might take a little more work.
    I think someone changed the cities for the Kyoto map, someone mentioned this earlier. So it should be possible to add new castles to the campaign map. If Craig or Luther havnt elaborated on this maybe they could now?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Noif♔ View Post
    Yea, I wanna make one with several levels and a 6 and a half foot black blind ninja at the top.

Has anyone had any success with getting the bridges to work? I still can't figure it out on my map. I've tried using a go zone, but the units just went underwater. Perhaps it requires EFLines?

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Go to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\maps then click on your maps folder and go to map_info and open with word document then fill in where the letters are in bold or delete whats there then type.
    Thank you Aug

Someone tell me why the castle walls that I built aren't able to hold troops? I can't get archers or gunners or anytype of soldier up on the walls

Quote Originally Posted by TAKEDAx69 View Post
    Someone tell me why the castle walls that I built aren't able to hold troops? I can't get archers or gunners or anytype of soldier up on the walls
    You have to tag them as being garrisonable.

What about the portrait bug... i.e. Takeda Shingen... they fixed it once and now its bugged again....?
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

How would one do that . ?

And finally, please note that we are looking very seriously at the shader-changes applied to Shogun 2 after the release of Fall of The Samurai, and are looking for the best way to solve it.

Enjoy,

The Creative Assembl
    Sure you are! It is serious enough to make us wait 2 months for a response while the game looks like dog dirt? Yea i really appreciate you taking gloss away and runing the whole look and you say now you are taking it seriously? If you were serious you would admit you made a bad call on gloss/shaders and have bugged up most of the shaders and would simply return to how it was.Hell you still cannot grasp that mods cannot give gloss now yet the pre patch gloss system was easily removeable via mods so people who did not want it could remove it and everyone was happy.

Just make the call ffs and refund those who have been tricked due to advertisement of gloss!

I can point to about 3-4 bugs due to shader changes and im pretty pissed at having to wait LONGER than 2 months! How many months is it going to take to get GFX issues resolved then? Have ANY been resolved in this patch? Draw distance? HDR? depth of field? Missing textures on my avatar? the blood pack dlc? Or the onna bushi faces? Check out the screenshot below showing the state of my avatar and his messed up colors and missing black samurai suneate boots textures.
    Last edited by Jedi; May 24, 2012 at 05:33 PM.

How do i set walls to garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
    Sure you are! It is serious enough to make us wait 2 months for a response while the game looks like dog dirt? Yea i really appreciate you taking gloss away and runing the whole look and you say now you are taking it seriously? If you were serious you would admit you made a bad call on gloss/shaders and have bugged up most of the shaders and would simply return to how it was.Hell you still cannot grasp that mods cannot give gloss now yet the pre patch gloss system was easily removeable via mods so people who did not want it could remove it and everyone was happy.

Just make the call ffs and refund those who have been tricked due to advertisement of gloss!

I can point to about 3-4 bugs due to shader changes and im pretty pissed at having to wait LONGER than 2 months! How many months is it going to take to get GFX issues resolved then? Have ANY been resolved in this patch? Draw distance? HDR? depth of field? Missing textures on my avatar? the blood pack dlc? Or the onna bushi faces? Check out the screenshot below showing the state of my avatar and his messed up colors and missing black samurai suneate boots textures.
    Your avatar looks like he has rickets.
    At least they are now actively looking at the graphics, thats something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBoBo1 View Post
    Your avatar looks like he has rickets.
    At least they are now actively looking at the graphics, thats something I guess.
    Yea just like the missing onna bushi faces you posted on the offical bug report forum *cough* it is still present since the patch from yesterday.Those boots are actually the black samurai suneate greaves which are the best black boots of the lot and now they are white and blurred? This has been 2 months and was posted from me in the original gloss and 1:1 comparision threads CA posted in and told us thanks chaps Q&A are looking into this.

Did they look at all?

So out of all the bugs we reported from a quick test i can confirm that there have been NO changes to HDR,Gloss,Draw distance or depth of field.They are all still broken and the sprite distance not making the change list is just criminal as i cannot get HQ models on hill surfaces as when the camera auto pans at maximum closeness everyone goes into blurry faceless sprite models! Two months and we get this for £34 and £26 games.

On a bright note i notice some changes to the shaders? Superghost boy if you are reading this we need your input as to what has been changed.I notice myself the bleached colors are gone and takeda faction color seems to have been fixed? Can anyone else notice it? I can do a screenshot comparision later to show the difference.And i think also the bug i mentioned about patches of different shades of color in the helmets is gone too so it points to gloss being further refined or a shader being fixed? Either way its an improvement i think but draw distance and depth of field is still killing the graphics.

Is there anyway to get rid of the map editor? I just bought and downloaded Shogun and it never asked if I wanted to download TED but now I haven't even been able to play the game single player because it wants me to accept the map editor liscence agreement. I NEVER EVEN WANTED THE THING!!!
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; May 25, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Censor bypass

even if you don't want the map editor, you still need to agree to its license agreement as it also covers you playing on maps that have been created by other people.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by jonny duck View Post
    even if you don't want the map editor, you still need to agree to its license agreement as it also covers you playing on maps that have been created by other people.
    Slightly annoying that. Don`t remember such hoops for other Mods, it even spiels off about steam again. It makes SEGA\CA appear very unfriendly to the buying gamer and fans and creates needless perceived suspicion.

They shouldn`t worry so much. No one`s going to nick the mods and sell them and if anyone does you wouldn`t need all that malarky, just `cease and desist`, job done. I remeber someone actually try to sell a Mod once and that was stomped on more heavily by fans than even the company of the game itself!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast