Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TEd battle map editor and patch released

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

CA Developer Icon TEd battle map editor and patch released

Hi all,

I’m pleased to announce that TEd, our brand new, free battlefield editor for Total War: Shogun 2 and Fall of the Samurai is now available (or at least will be in the next few minutes). For a full list of features in TEd, or for information on how to access it, please do visit the brand new TEd section of our official forums.

We’ve also posted a FAQ for some of the most common questions you may have regarding TEd. Well worth checking that first before posting to see if your question has been answered already. We’ll continue to update this to include the most commonly asked questions from the community in the coming weeks and months.

Alongside TEd, we’re releasing a small update for Fall of the Samurai and Shogun 2 users, including a feature we’ve briefly mentioned before: a resync tool for multiplayer campaigns. In short, when playing, the host’s PC routinely scans for desyncs by comparing the game data of the host and client PCs. When a data desync is spotted, the host PC immediately creates a copy of the game data and updates the client’s game. At this point, the client will see a message saying ‘resynchronisation in progress’. When this is complete, the two games will be resynchronised.

The tool may struggle with desyncs that are baked into save-games a huge number of turns before the desync becomes apparent, but we’ve had a pretty high success rate so far. In addition, we do recommend that players play multiplayer campaigns without mods installed, as slight variations in data files between players can trigger desyncs.

If you come across any problems when playing after the patch, please, please do report any issues you find on our official support forums, where our QA department will be able to read them. This official channel is the very best place to point out issues as it’s closely and constantly monitored.

Here’s the full list of patch notes:

• Total War Battle Map Editor (TEd) tool now available, offering the ability to create and automatically share Land, Naval and Siege Battle Maps with other players. The maps can be used in both Single player (Custom Battle Mode) and Multiplayer. TEd can be accessed from the “Tools” menu in the Steam Library.

• New Multiplayer Campaign Resynchronisation feature – When Multiplayer Campaign players become out of sync with each other (aka “desynchronisation” or “desync”), the game will attempt to resynchronise the players so they can continue playing (aka “resynchronisation” or “resync”).

• Various fixes to prevent Multiplayer Campaign desynchronisation before resynchronisation is required.

• Fix for crash loading into the “Sea of Japan” Naval custom battle map.

• Fix for campaign map armies pathfinding causing them to becoming stuck on coast lines.

• Fixed stats for Kisho Ninja units.

• Fixed sound when broadsides are fired by players' ships in Historical and Custom Battle mode battles.

• Improved garrisoned infantry animation and pathfinding when attacking (to stop units moving on the spot and prioritising reforming over firing).

• Improved match making between avatar types to reduce erroneous match making between Total War: SHOGUN 2 avatars and Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai avatars.

• Host and Host's teammates will now receive experience after a battle if the clients’ team had an open slot.

• Fix for Key Building timer in Avatar Conquest Mode, so that when a player loses a building, then re-captures it, the timer no longer continues to count down from when the building was first lost, now resetting. Fix in place for the timer not being displayed under certain circumstances.

• Fixed performance drop (low FPS) when accessing the recruitment tab for the Fukushima province in Single Player Campaign mode.

• Fixed crashes in Avatar Conquest Mode tutorial.

• Fixed bug where AI were only recruiting Kobaya ships on the Total War: SHOGUN 2 campaign under some circumstances.

• Fix for bug where camera scroll didn't work when the mouse was positioned over certain UI elements.

• Fixed Avatar Conquest Mode exploit where players could ignore funds bracket.

• Fix for Total War: SHOGUN 2 generals pre-battle speeches playing when playing as Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai clans.

• Fix for crash when positioning the mouse over coastal batteries in Miyako Bay Historical Battle Mode on Hard or Very Hard difficulty.

• Minor text fixes for Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai tutorials.

• Fix for armies reinforcing a besieger bouncing around that besieger until they run out of movement / action points (aka “Army bobbling”).

• Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Fall of the Samurai mons will now appear on unit banners in battle.

• Improved transition blending for combat animation.

• Negative phase removed from Banzai.

• Improved Windows 8 preview compatibility.

• Fixed a number of issues with veteran clan skills

• Fixed the Stricken Unholy forge retainer effects

• Various miscellaneous crash bugs fixed.

• Various miscellaneous user interface bugs fixed.

• Note: There is currently a text string advertising DLC packs that have not yet been released in the front end. These are not yet available, contrary to this message. We expect to release these next week.

Known issues still under investigation

We’re currently still investigating issues with the ATI 7xxx series graphics cards. We’re close to finding a solution to this problem, so hopefully will have news of a new patch soon.

And finally, please note that we are looking very seriously at the shader-changes applied to Shogun 2 after the release of Fall of The Samurai, and are looking for the best way to solve it.

Enjoy,

The Creative Assembly

Default Re: TEd battle map editor and patch released

Hi Craig,

Can't find it in my Tools section on Steam? I own Shogun 2 and FOTS

Great news! But not showing up on my steam yet
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

• New Multiplayer Campaign Resynchronisation feature – When Multiplayer Campaign players become out of sync with each other (aka “desynchronisation” or “desync”), the game will attempt to resynchronise the players so they can continue playing (aka “resynchronisation” or “resync”).
    This looks nice! As does the fix for the camera scroll.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Also great news on the update, especially with respect to desync issues. I've been playing NTW with a friend and had the occasional desync issue, wondering why CA hadn't implemented something that would automatically resync. Good job on doing so! Still no patch or editor in Steam yet though. I've tried restarting steam.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you CA

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

People don't be so nasty!!Wait couple min. or haours max check the forum in next day!

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

If it's not in your tools list just yet, it will be very soon

We've just hit the "go" button, so Valve are on it

pinned like a baws.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Waiting!

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

The wait is on...

Still nothing. Will try again tomorrow I guess.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I'm very excited to see this. I've been putting off a co-op campaign with a friend in hopes that this fix would come out soon.

thank you!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

wheres teh patch ca. where is it.

ca lied samurai died

Quote Originally Posted by doorknobdeity View Post
    wheres teh patch ca. where is it.

ca lied samurai died
    Is this a question? O.o
    The patch will come in a few minutes or, at least, in a few hours

I'm downloading the patch now!!
    Last edited by Radzeer; May 23, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

Grr nothing for me

edit: AHA!

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Ahh, so this is what i downloaded right now, good work CA!

I also hope that you will improve the loading times, they are horrendusly long right now, i would appreciate your input on this matter.

Or tell me how to fix the long loading screens so that i dont snore each time i load a battle.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Favouritism .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I have ted on steam!

EDIT: DOWNLOADED

OLD SIG

Oh wow, DLC clans will be available.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast