Thread: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Default Re: Campaign Crash

Have you:
    started steam before ?
    activated the right campaign ?
    when does it crash ?

regards

Default Re: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Ever since the last patch, my game crashes in most battles. This is a fantastic game so I hope this is worked out in 3.5.

ConfederateGhost's Avatar Laetus

Game after selecting Campaign and clicking start. Does this every time now, but the first time I installed the game and played the first campaign it work perfect, No changes to system, updated to 3.4 and current graphics drivers loaded. I have lowered my setting but no change.

Please help

Sorry I mean the GAME CRASHES EVERYTIME NOW

EDIT: posts merged; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; September 15, 2012 at 08:58 AM. Reason: merging posts

Do you start Steam manually before starting ACW? If you miss that and get a CTD you have to reboot before trying again.

every time I start or continue a campaign the bar in the loading screen stops at maybe 70% and glitches from 70 to 85% and the loading screen won't disappear even though I here the campaign map in the background

Foederatus

Meh, I actually have the CTD in battles still (patch 3.4.1).

I have all my graphics lowered to the recommended settings (unit size medium, almost everything else also on medium, have disabled shadows etc...), doesn't seem to help much. I also always do the right procedure by manually starting steam and all that.

I used to have the same issue with Shogun 2 - FotS, but after applying the Virtual Address Memory fix (or whatever it's called) it works fine. I am able to run Shogun on full ultra settings without any difficulties now. This did nothing for ACW unfortunately, as I still keep crashing half way into fights. I've tried to localize some sort of pattern to the crashes, but the only thing I can spot is the time thing. If I am able to finish the fights before 25-30mins then I am usually fine... if it goes on longer than that then it always crashes. Other than this they seem pretty random.

It seems to be the same in custom battles, though I have only tried one of those.

Campaign/battles difficulties both on hard/hard if that matters...

Any ideas?

First i install ACW it works until i restart my comp. then when i try to load a saved campaign game it crashes to desktop without loading at all

Icon9 Re: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

For me this issue is sorta related to the campaign and sorta not.
    So, whenever i go into a battle the game crashes on the loading screen and the little "pieces" that you move on the campaign map are all pitch black. I really want to play this mod and idk what is wrong with it.

Now for my second topic.

After i uninstalled ACW (because it kept on crashing and i gave up on it) whenever i launch ETW it still has the ACW loading screen and title screen and music. Everything else is fine with it i can play battles and the grand campaign, road to independence campaign, and the warpath campaign all work perfectly fine with no crashes. The only problem is the loading screens, the title screen, and the music aren't ETW's vanilla features. I looked in all of my ETW files and i found a few foulders named ACW. So i deleted all of the folders and now whenever i launch ETW it insta crashes on the main loading screen (which is still the ACW one). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game 4 times in a single night! And everytime i look into my ETW folder there is a ACW folder auto installed with the game. So i deleted the folder named ACW and the game for some reason just cant run without it. I reinstalled ACW in hopes that when i uninstalled it, it would reinstall it fully incluiding the parts that apparently weren't uninstalled last time i did it. Theese tiny little features make the game unplayable for me because they were my favorite part about ETW. So if anyone out there can help me please, please, please respond to this!!!!!!!

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

@magoffire123
    there aren't any files named acw mare... in your SteamApps\common\empire total war\data folder remove all the files that start with bg_ (such as bg_music.pack, bg_art.pack etc). this is probably caused because you haven't chose vanilla ready when exiting the acw launcher before the un-installation. that step is a must. if you don't do it, all of the ACW files will remain in your data folder and you will experience problems you described...

when it comes to your first problem, it would be great if you could post a log of your problem. you can easily access it by opening acw launcher > File > Go To > mod folder there should be file called acw_log.txt. open it (usually with notepad) and copy the entire thing here... I will take a look and see where it goes from there...

i play with version 3.4, with RTI3 campaign i haven't problem, but with WARPATH MAP, the game crash. what is the problem???? thx

Quote Originally Posted by pithecusiano76 View Post
    i play with version 3.4, with RTI3 campaign i haven't problem, but with WARPATH MAP, the game crash. what is the problem???? thx
    do you own Warpath add-on for ETW?

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    do you own Warpath add-on for ETW?
    I do not think so, I downloaded empire, acw installed 3.4, and nothing else. What if I need to give me the link where to download it and the instructions to proceed correctly?? thx

Quote Originally Posted by pithecusiano76 View Post
    I do not think so, I downloaded empire, acw installed 3.4, and nothing else. What if I need to give me the link where to download it and the instructions to proceed correctly?? thx
    yep, you need the Warpath add-on to play ACW warpath campaign. you can easily acquire Warpath via Steam. it costs only 2-3 dollars I believe...

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

I have been playing the confederate campaign, with the lastest beta release, with RT1 map about 40 turns in-game, just went to continue the campaign and I just get a instant CTD, I tried changing map, loading a previous game save but still get the CTD.

Also starting a new campaign CTD.

well, for one, RTI campaign map isn't fully implemented and supported for OB 3.5. also, it seems that you haven't started steam before starting the ACW launcher (and this is a must always)

regards

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

just to let you know, I had started steam, anyway I got it fixed, and plus i'm still using the RTI 3.1, it seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

I am not sure where this belongs. I love the mod, and I have been enjoying playing quite a bit, but there are a few bugs I have noticed. Mainly, larger battles tend to cause "empire has stopped working" error messages. I have tried lowering my settings, but it still happens. Also, I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but I feel like the cavalry behave oddly. The charges seems funky, and the morale is kind of random.

Found a fix on my own in case someone else wants to give it a go. It appears to be working for me as I was able to load up my campaign and play a long battle. Can't promise it will fix it permanently as I have just tried it a little bit, but it is much better than crashing every time it even loads up.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...uot-workaround

I have downloaded and [correctly] installed ACW 3.4 and the patch 3.4.1 onto a vanilla ETW.

The launcher works fine and I have Warpath installed.

On the campaign everything seems to work fine, the maps are correct, the flags are correct and the figure icons, of a Union and a Confederate soldier carrying a flag, moving around the campaign map are correct.

However when I go to recruit any forces [regardless if I play North or South] on the ‘recruitment cards, force type’] the only options I get is the vanilla ETW forces. When I play a battle the forces on the ground are default vanilla troops. I do not see any forces dressed in Northern or Southern uniforms, all the troops including cavalry and artillery are default vanilla ETW troops.

To double check if I made any problems I have uninstalled ACW 3.4 and 3.4.1 and uninstalled ECW and re-installed them all again but no change, everything seems to be working okay except that any forces I recruit in the campaign phase and any troops I actually see in the battles are default vanilla ETW troops.

This seems to be a great mod but the next time I uninstall ACW it will not be going back on.

Any advice for problem solving please.

Hi

I just installed the 3.4 version and then tried (not realy sure if it worked) to patch it to 3.4.1. I came to the ACW in-game menu, but when i startet a campaign the "Empire: total war has stopped working" just popped up. i have tryed unstalling the hole sh!t again but the same thing happend. Plz help