Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Default [Version 3.x] Campaign Issues

Post here only campaign related issues with version 3.x, please.
    For reporting general bugs, use the General Bug report thread
    Last edited by Minas Moth; July 15, 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Shirby's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: [Version 3.2] Campaign Issues

Not sure if it belongs into here or to other problems.
    I keep crashing in most of the battles fought in the campaign.
    The last time it crashed after the Union fired a volley at my reforming/moving voluntary troops.
    Once the volley was nearly finished (it already killed some of my men) it froze for 1 second and "Empire total war stopped working" comes up.
    It happens strangely often, hopefully you can help me!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Shirby View Post
    Not sure if it belongs into here or to other problems.
    I keep crashing in most of the battles fought in the campaign.
    The last time it crashed after the Union fired a volley at my reforming/moving voluntary troops.
    Once the volley was nearly finished (it already killed some of my men) it froze for 1 second and "Empire total war stopped working" comes up.
    It happens strangely often, hopefully you can help me!
    I get those ctd's, too, in certain battle situations, and gradually have lowered video settings for current ACW to limit those crashes.
    I recommend to lower the video settings, and especially consider the check-boxes below the normal graph settings, as they are all there to take performance from your machine, except vert sync.

As Shok mentioned recently, the performance will be improved with upcoming patches.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Shirby's Avatar Laetus

Okay, thanks a lot!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Also, some may not know it, ETW (ACW) can be played Steam-offline: Just start Steam, offline as preparation before launching ACW. Next thing is of course to stop other programs from running while playing, ie. at least disable all tasklist programs.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Nothing has really changed, except Quebec that is Haiti...but GB is still brown (on map), I can load previous games and I'm still not able to recruit any general.

I got a ctd during a battle, there was no freezing or anything. Just an instant ctd

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Well

I played North (RTI). They propose me somes generals... I recruited them... I made a save, stop playing, and relaunch ACW... and now, i can t recruit any general... always propositions but they don't appear in the recruitment slot... I tryed a new campain the same thing happened...

The game crashes after every turn or two after June of 1861. At least I can now fight battles with the Union attacking me and the game will not necessarily freeze or crash. So far the mod is far less stable than 2.6 even though I could never make it through 1864 with that version.

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Quote Originally Posted by angus young View Post
    Well

I played North (RTI). They propose me somes generals... I recruited them... I made a save, stop playing, and relaunch ACW... and now, i can t recruit any general... always propositions but they don't appear in the recruitment slot... I tryed a new campain the same thing happened...

And it s the same with the south...

And it s the same with the south...
    I also have trouble recruiting generals now.

I believe 3.2 installed successfully, kept the old 3.0 music. Started a campaign as CSA, couldn't recruit Lee when his announcement showed up - had no general troubles in 3.0

Also, general question, is there still a recommended unit size of medium or something? I couldn't tell any difference in graphical detail between ultra and medium in 3.0, and my comp is far from a powerhouse.

First thanks for the great mod i really like it.

I only played warpath campaign 3.2 (empire and mod fresh installed) and run into following problems:

- not able to recruited generals but the first one on each side although they are announced.
    - Game always crashed changing from 8 to 9 turn playing both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by usam View Post

I only played warpath campaign 3.2 (empire and mod fresh installed) and run into following problems:

- not able to recruited generals but the first one on each side although they are announced.
    Same here

Well

This should not be happened. But... since it does, you can fix it like this: Open the save game with Esf Editor, follow the highlighted path (see in spoiler) and delete all UNIT_RESTRICTIONS under UNIT_RESTRICTIONS directory (it should be left empty).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by usam View Post

Did you try the autosave after the CTD? Can you zip it and send it so I have a look?

i had the same effect so i hope it will help you. the two savegames i have

I see the problem with generals but no CTD here. I used both saves and made it easily to 12th turn:

Confederate States Winter 1861.empire_save (sorry for destroying the Richmond army!!)
    auto_save.empire_save

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    This should not be happened. But... since it does, you can fix it like this: Open the save game with Esf Editor, follow the highlighted path (see in spoiler) and delete all UNIT_RESTRICTIONS under UNIT_RESTRICTIONS directory (it should be left empty).

Did you try the autosave after the CTD? Can you zip it and send it so I have a look?

I`m not at home in the moment. I`ll attach the files today evening. Thanks

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post

It works!!
    D'you think I could recover my "lost" generals? I mean Jackson, Mosby and Stuart...

(My brave boys.... )

i loaded my savegame and recevied a crash after one turn.....may it possible that it has something to do with the settings im playing with ?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast