Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Mine only takes anywhere from 60 secs to 120 I'd say.

Hmm, seems like I got a problem then. 03.02.09, not good enough

It's especially strange given that my computer is such a beast that can run all the new games just fine. More than hundred NPCs in Skyrim etc...

Does anyone know any options or solutions that could help me reduce the time?

I'm playing the 1.5.1 Gigantus version(could it why they're so slow?)
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Medieval II only uses one core while all the new games use multiple cores.

The only way to decrease turn times would be to strip the mod of many of its scripts, which would turn CoW into just another pretty mod with vanilla gameplay.

Or if you know how to overclock or have the drivers that enable you to increase the speed of individual cores of your processor, for example I have a 6-core processor with clock speeds of 3.2 each, so I haven't had to change although I could put it to say 4.0 before it would get uncomfortable. Bare in mind this is specific to not only your processor but your motherboard and cooling systems, so use at your own peril and definitely read up on your chip's capabilities before you do anything.

So, do I download the text files here or from ninja51's thread?

Will these work with the torrent that you posted or will i have to learn russian?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This is for Call of Warhammer 1.5.1 (the original Russian version) - Rage of dark Gods (my version) has this included in it's internal patch.

Dumb question but im having trouble with this translation for the original russian version. When i install it, Unit descriptions,building description and faction description are still in Russian. Is this a problem or is it suppose to be that way.

SHaDoWxCrUsAd3r's Avatar Civis

Just download gigs 1.5.1 It includes the translation
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy diesel View Post
    Dumb question but im having trouble with this translation for the original russian version. When i install it, Unit descriptions,building description and faction description are still in Russian. Is this a problem or is it suppose to be that way.
    Delete the string.bin files in the data\text folder.

Thank you!

sry. But Even with the string.bin files deleted i still have all Russian descriptions. any other ideas?

Blog Entries

You may have installed into the wrong folder. Simply extract the files somewhere in an empty folder. Then copy them from there into the data\text folder of CoW.

If that still doesn't work then you most likely have a case of virtualstore interference and need to go through this tutorial to disable it.

Jenkins's Avatar Foederatus

Yes thank for this translation ! Because russian text is ... i dont speak russian haha

I pray that someone can help me, i have played CoW before on my old computer but i have a new one now, i have intalled and played M2TW kingdoms on it and its fully patched, i have also played TATW with MOS but when i installed:
    CoW 1.5 + 1.5.1 patch
    + CoW Eng (unit desc etcetc in english)
    and lastly the CoW Voice
    I start up the mod, here is when it gets interesting, i get through the loading of the mod, then intro, get through that to, now i get a new loading screen with the loading bar that loads up completley, here is were i should get to the menu of CoW but instead i get an windows error sound and a small window in the middle of the screen with no text, only an option to click ok, once i do that game crashes to desktop

I installed it to my "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Call_of_Warhammer

Best regards & HELP ME PLEASE, Fedual
    Last edited by Fedual; September 12, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Blog Entries

That problem will not be related to the text - a possible error in the CFG or interference by the VirtualStore.

Check this tutorial from step 3 onward. If that doesn't help post again in the bug report.

Hmm... now I am confused- so Rage of the Dark Gods is not teams release? They are still calling it CoW 1.5.1? Damn, I guess I have to start over because I really do not remember which version I originally installed. The most recent Rage of the Dark Gods includes 1.5.1 patch and English? That makes things easier. I have it working right now but I'm suspicious because alot of the units have the peasants pic which usually means something went wrong in install although I've played 10 turns with no problems...

Blog Entries

Rage of dark Gods is not a team release and it installs into Rage_of_dark_Gods.
    The only patches and fixes necessary for it are available in the release thread of RodG. See the version history and notes of the fixes for details.

Telarius's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks for the translation, Gigantus. Helped a lot

I still have a hard time reading the stories in the scripted events "Wounded Knight", something about attacking Beastmen....etc.

Has anyone made a grammatically correct and fully translated version of those stories?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast