Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

The new patch contains text files that are unfortunately completely Cyrillic (Russian). As I needed them for my Rage of dark Gods patch I have updated the English text files with the new, translated entries. The attachment contains the FULL set of files.

Simply extract the attached file into the data\text folder AFTER you have installed the full (original) patch.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 22, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Default Re: English Text for version 1.5.1

u want them translated, or what? I can read russian, and speak a lil bit.
    Last edited by zax; May 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM.

Blog Entries

They are translated already in the attachment. I have clarified my first post more to make that clear.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

and what about flowers like "zverolyudey seen near Bolgasgrada! "kozlomordyh troops stormed Wuppertal" and some more in historic_events.txt? will u fix them?

Noob question here. So if we have your version installed at the moment...does that mean we should download the 1.5.1 patch from the...

/ [UPDATED 20.05.2012]DOWLOAD LINK version 1.5.1!!!! Patch 1.5.1!!! (Topic)

and then install yours where you said for it to go?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    and what about flowers like "zverolyudey seen near Bolgasgrada! "kozlomordyh troops stormed Wuppertal" and some more in historic_events.txt? will u fix them?
    That's some stuff still left from the initial translation, I will happily leave that to the original translation team. In the files here t was just a matter of comparing the new (Russian) files with the old (English) files and translate a few lines in each file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heywhatsthat View Post
    Noob question here. So if we have your version installed at the moment...does that mean we should download the 1.5.1 patch from the...

/ [UPDATED 20.05.2012]DOWLOAD LINK version 1.5.1!!!! Patch 1.5.1!!! (Topic)

and then install yours where you said for it to go?
    The official 1.5.1 patch is not compatible with Rage of dark Gods due to changes I made in the base version. I am busy adapting it and should have it ready in the next 24 hours. Just needs some testing to make sure it works as intended.

Gigantus,

You really live up to your name. You are great! Thank you for all your efforts.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks Gigantus!

Blog Entries

Update

It appears two unit descriptions and one name were forgotten\not entered. I updated that and included ALL text files in the attachment.

Default Re: Complete English Text for CoW 1.5.1

Hey, I've been skimming through the replies/updates

I take it the 1.5.1 is not comitable with ROTDGs at the moment, or is it compitable; but only if used with the text file?

Thanks for the answer, should also probably clarify a little for the rest who may possess a shade of doubt as well.

P.S You're doing great work, Gigantus!
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

After you have copied the 1.5.1 official update into your mod folder, install his patch from the second post in this thread, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138
    It contains the patches/hotfixes and the translation of his.

Ahh, so I'll install the Russian main patch, I'll then install his 005 two part patch?

Sounds easy enough
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

I don't think so, you either install the official Russian release + Gigantus' translation over the mod if you do NOT already use Gigantus' Rage of the Dark Gods.

If you do use Gigantus' trimmed release, then you simply download his 1.5.1 and the descr_projectiles fix

Heh, I did it.

But wow... almost five minutes for just one turn to pass?

That was kind'a unexpected, seeing as my computer is pretty darn badassed and can play the newer games just fine.

(Battles still run flawless though, super graphics and absolutely no FPS problems, even with thousands of enemies)

It's the heavy scripting, takes a while for any PC to chug through (although I am sure you are exaggerating at 5 minutes )

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

I'll take the longer turns over boring vanilla style gameplay.

It can be annoying though, I agree, especially when testing and you want to click past turns at a rapid pace.

Yeah, I did exaggerate a little bit. It's more like 2-3 minutes a turn.

I'm a rapid 'turner', trying to go through the turns as fast as possible (as I find it more fun)

I definately noticed it.

Coming right from Shogun 2 where it was only a few seconds, it's a massive change

Does it get better further on?

Blog Entries

IMPORTANT

• This set of files is for the original Call of Warhammer 1.5.1 - Rage of dark gods has got these files included in their own patch.
    • The Russian patch 1.5.1 is not compatible with the Rage of dark Gods installation of mine. I have adapted the Russian patch and it is available in the installation thread.

Just took the time on my turn.

03.02.9 (minutes, seconds, split seconds) turn 4-5.

How long does each turn take for you, guys?

30 to 40 sec. I turn off "Follow AI movement" and set game for windowed borderless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast