Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

I just played a custom battle at Roma playing as the carthaginians vs greeks when I finally took the walls and marched my sacred band through,they just stopped and wouldnt move it was so weird. They didnt move the whole game, it was so annoying because i needed them! Just wanted you to know so you can fix in gold.
    The only official spammer.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That sounds just like a bad luck glitch, I dont think there is anything you can do about it.

Had a CTD last night when attacking a city and opted to try a night attack. I thought night battles were supported with 5.1?

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nero120
    Had a CTD last night when attacking a city and opted to try a night attack. I thought night battles were supported with 5.1?
    It does, it was probably just an unlucky CTD

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Don't think it's suppose to be like this?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

As he's one of your starting characters things won't be perfect, those boundaries are set by how many turns alive a character has been, and i have to assign the characters one of the levels at the start of the campaign, so they may end up a bit odd for the starting characters, but after that its fine.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

As I have not done so yet, I want to thank you for this excellent mod.

Anyway, I have seen almost the entire rebel army In Taxila step outside the city,
    then I could bribe the town for a mere 16,000 or something, and the army would stand right next to it for many turns doing nothing, even though I hardly had any garrison troops in the town (maybe 1 or 2 units inside).
    I could just walk my big army down south and beseige Opiana and Taxila is left almost unprotected.

Thanks.

What difficulty you playing on as that affects how the rebels behave.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Hard/Hard I believe (as Baktria).

I am also running TE using the BI.exe. I do not know if that has any bearing on this.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Carsten; August 31, 2006 at 05:45 PM.

Well the rebels should be quite aggressive on hard, though i think bribing confuses the ai, if you just siege the town the ai should try and relieve the siege.
    Creator of:

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

I would like to add my thanks for a great mod. Anyway, doing a couple of my own tweaks, I found in the descr_mercenaries.txt, Tribus_Iirkai listed in both pool Eastern Europe and pool Sarmatian. Just for your information.

I have been playing the Egyptians and lo and behold, no chariots. Accident or on purpose? Anyway I'm putting them back in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron
    I have been playing the Egyptians and lo and behold, no chariots. Accident or on purpose? Anyway I'm putting them back in mine.
    I think one of the major adjustments to Egypt is that it's now more in line with the greek style deployment of forces, rather than the 1500 years before versions.

Doesn't make sense since the Seleucids still have their scythed chariots.

The chariots the Egyptians had in vanilla RTw were not accurate, they were the type used during the time of the Pharaohs. In 5.0 i made Egypt into Ptolemaios, a cross between the RTw vanilla Egypt, and the historically accurate egypt of the time. The Seleucids have Scythed chariots bnecause they used them, the Ptolemics didn't use chariots.
    Creator of:

Thanks for the input, Lusted. I would do it anyway because I like playing with them and against them.

conqured rome before they could trigger marius reforms....now im trying to trigger it and its not working...cannot recurit my sacred band infantries!!!

For Sacred Band you need a Huge Temple of Baal, not the marian reforms. And no faction apart fromt he romans can trigger them, if you've wiped them out your stuffed.
    Creator of:

ooo thanx!..baaa temple of tanit so much better...produces more money output than milqirit

You use many different styles within a single helmet. You make a montefortino helmet with cheeck protection from gaulish helmets which is ahistoricall. You have to decide on one type - if you make a montefortino helmet you have to also make a proper styled cheeck protection.

Correct:
    montefortino:

gallic, italic:

Your helmet, wrong:

and: