Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: 5.1 Bugs/Issues

Ask Darth Vader that, im using his formation mod in my mod. And i haven't seen the ai use the single line formation in a long time in my mod.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Single line? I've never seen that in this mod. Great mod, I haven't had a single CTD but the Darth formations freeze one is really getting on my nerves (i'm actually stuck on a battle I must win but can't because it freezes every time), I really like DF and looked on Darthmods thingie but couldn't find DarthFormations 14...

My triarii were using swords for charge and spears for regular fight.

Is this historically accurate?

Nope. But unfortunately when you have units with spears and swords without the phalanx formation the game makes them charge with their secondary weapon(sword) then they switch to their primary weapon(spear).
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

This has only happened in my recent Parthia campaign. When rebel armies spawn they sometimes belong to the roman faction. Now they defintley are not units the romans have produced because 1) the romans only have 3 provinces in N.Itay, and the units are appearing in africa, in my parthian territory, egypt etc 2)the captain names are localised e.g an army who appeared in Pontus was led by a Captain Herakles, while one in germany by a Adawolf. 3) they are comprised of units the romans cannot recruit e.g scythian horse archers, spabara (sp) horse men etc.

Has this happened to anyone else? I dont regard it as a problem, because it is the only time it has happened - just wondered if i was alone?

Great mod by the way!
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

for Armenia, there is absolutely NO difference between City Barracks and Army Barracks... is there a unit missing here, or just an experience bonus??
    All the world is but a stage,
    and though all in it merely players,
    they play with such a violent rage,
    as to send it running red with portent.

sign here please: Orolinwe

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thats the case for many factions.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

With Armenia, and Numidia i think, Army Barracks produce imitation legionaires once the marian refroms occur.
    Creator of:

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr
    This has only happened in my recent Parthia campaign. When rebel armies spawn they sometimes belong to the roman faction. Now they defintley are not units the romans have produced because 1) the romans only have 3 provinces in N.Itay, and the units are appearing in africa, in my parthian territory, egypt etc 2)the captain names are localised e.g an army who appeared in Pontus was led by a Captain Herakles, while one in germany by a Adawolf. 3) they are comprised of units the romans cannot recruit e.g scythian horse archers, spabara (sp) horse men etc.

Has this happened to anyone else? I dont regard it as a problem, because it is the only time it has happened - just wondered if i was alone?

Great mod by the way!
    I think this is a known bug. All rebel units seem to sound like Romans when they move. Strange really.

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

i need some help!
    i am downloading TE 5.0 and 5.1 patch..
    but, i don't have any other TE. do i for example need 4.0 to install 5.0? and if i do, where do i find it?
    and can someone send me a link where i can find all the patches to rome that i need? 1.2, 1.3 and 1.5.. had them all before, but deleted them since i did not needed them anymore
    thanks!

btw: this looks like a great mod!! just needed to say it

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

You don't need any earlier TE to play then 5.0, but if you would have it, you could overwrite the old installation, and the game would work.

I usually download from Fileshack, totalwar.com surely got them too.

You don't need to install 1.2 if your going upgrade to 1.3
    Last edited by Cyrus the Virus; August 09, 2006 at 09:38 AM.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

aha, okai!
    so i don't need 4.0 or something?
    great!
    thanks appius!!

You just need 5.0/5.1. It says in the download thread that 5.0 is a standalone version of the mod.
    Creator of:

When you look at Prodomoi from far away, all you see is a white blob on a horse. And only 2 CTDs after playing for a while, they were just random ones. Other than that I'm loving it, especially the overhand hoplitai.

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

dont know if this has been said before, but playing as the britons in the faction scroll thingie(when you click on the faction symbol in the bottom corner) it says what you gotta conquer, you know the 70 provinces blah blah, it says the same city twice( i think its Isurium)

anyways i fixed it maually, very easy just a typo

just wanted you to know before TE Gold comes out

Taelok's Avatar Senator

For Thrace, the Bastarnae and Dii warriors have exactly the same description, except the name. Not a major bug at all, just a little immersion breaking

Sometimes(it comes and goes) the title of the ingame messages looks like it is censored. One black band. I`ll attach a picture. The first time it happened was after a battle. However, after restarting the game the problem disappered only to appear again later. After the battle from which I took the pic, all other messages were fine again. Any ideas?

For some reason, all my hoplites were hitting at the same time and this caused something like a trampling effect and every time they hit there were 5-10 hoplites flying through the air like they were hit by an elephant. The effect was similar to the intro of LOTR were each blow of sauron knocks back 10 soldiers. Was pretty cool, but i didnt notice if my hoplites were hurt too.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

I've noticed that too, also mainly with the Greek Hoplites. They seem to all bunch really tightly together then push forward really quickly. Normally the result is that soldiers go flying into the air!

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

also just wondering bout 2 things

first of all i noticed for the Seleucids and Baktria, Kataphraktoi are recruitable before Hetairoi

Katas are better so is this a mistake?

also for armenia cata archers are recruitable before nomal catas, shouldnt it be the other way around?

if you have any reasonings behind these i understand, but if they are mistakes, just glad i could help