Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hotseat Tavern] - The Green Dragon Inn Thread

Willowran's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Hotseat Tavern] - The Green Dragon Inn Thread

uhhh.... i am one of those "newcomers" (to a hotseat) compared to some of you. I would love to face nice, as i have crazy plans of my own, but i'm still getting used to the TATW crazy economy. If i'm thrown against nice so early, i don't know how long i'd last, not without battlemap...

that being said, if that is the only alternative, than my response is the same as before. "what the hell, what's the worst that could happen?"

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

The worst that could happen? Ask Dwarven Berseker .

BTW: Nice as Isengard (no offence to you Nice, you're just very good and could unbalance the game), not so good idea IMO. He will almost certainly win from Rohan and then there is only poor Gondor left to be crushed between 3 factions stronger than gondor.

The worst that could happen? Ask Dwarven Berseker .

BTW: Nice as Isengard (no offence to you Nice, you're just very good and could unbalance the game), not so good idea IMO. He will almost certainly win from Rohan and then there is only poor Gondor left to be crushed between 3 factions stronger than gondor.
    Its even worse if Nice chooses Rohan. Then all the evil factions would be crushed within the first 15 turns? Only SF and Gallus would be left to fight everyone else...

One way is bad the other one is worse.
    Last edited by The Norseman; May 21, 2012 at 09:03 AM.

... by "worst that could happen" i was simply saying that it's just a game... if i keel over, i can always just play next time...

is there no veteran willing to take rohan? I don't mind, but as mentioned, i'd like as not get steamrolled...

Well i'll start training for rohan (in single player), just so i can try to get a handle on the economy. If i can take that monster called "tatw economy" and get it working for me, than my confidence would soar, and all of your problems would fade.
    Last edited by Willowran; May 21, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

You people need to have more confidence in yourselves lol. You dont win a war by constantly being afraid of another kingdom`s success. Ill give Willowran all the economical tips I can think of etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Its even worse if Nice chooses Rohan. Then all the evil factions would be crushed within the first 15 turns? Only SF and Gallus would be left to fight everyone else...
    How did you work that one out?

There are 4 points of entry into Gondor, that means Gondor has to field at least 3 armies to cover those points of entry. If Mordor and Harad feel like it, Isengard doesn't even need to become involved for Gondor to go bye bye.

But anyway, I'm happy with Nice as Isengard so im going to stop rambling on about it. Should be fun.
    Last edited by *Ranger*; May 21, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

I think having Nice as Isengard will be fine, remember in HS1? When Hross lost an army, he rebuilt in 5 turns and continued to hit him hard and fast. Rohan is a very good faction, and easy if you know what to do.

Like...Everyone seems to think..Build 1 massive army..attack..but in the truth..you must build an army..attack..start building up another army to prepare for an offensive or defensive move. Isengard's Army can be beaten, as it was beaten by Rohan in HS1...

I would take Rohan..but it seems that Elves has spoken to me

Anyways, any last minute changes should be now. Confidence is the key m8, doesn't matter if you think Nice is a good player (If you count spam reloading turns jk) and can be beaten.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Make sure your attacking or defending a settlement..

I'm confident in my abilities...just less so in my economical handling. you underestimate my current inadequacy at handling TATW mulah. S'a working process. semi-Recently learned that most of my money problems came from spamming generals, though, so i shouldn't have too much difficulty... just... had you stuck me with an auto-resolve disadvantaged faction against the monster that is nice it would not have ended well (for now).

Alright, Willowran is OOG now and Hross will be Rohan.

Oh and also how do you feel about Invasions? Do you think they should be removed? Considering the evil faction always win and have a huge advantage both in military wise(numbers) and economical advantage (OOG and OOTMM together can make everything from
    90 000 to 150 000) Harad is huge, Rhun is huge, Mordor is huge and Isengard has some of the most powerful units in the game.

HE, Eriador and SE have terrible economies and mediocre autoresolve units and the only powerful faction when it comes to units are the dwarves.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I just had a conversation with Ngugi about hotseats. He's in one with a friend up to turn 160 and Sauron the Pope never returned. I guess the disabled console has something to do with this, but the only console_commands I see in the script are for traits.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Then they are probably very unlucky. There is a random change sauron returns, he can come any time

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    Alright, Willowran is OOG now and Hross will be Rohan.
    that's perfect, Hross knows how to handle Rohan.

I just hope he doesn't get bored though since he is playing Rohan in HS#1 now. But then again, he'll be facing Nice, so he probably won't get bored.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

either he won't get bored or he will get bored very soon.

I say keep invasions. No worries about me making 150 000 gold per turn, i never learned that trick in vanilla RTW games, let alone TATW. And... i like invasions.

besides. eriador can spawn arnor, right? that has some great units, even in autoresolve. Getting there might be tough, but if it happens...

Arnors units are crap IMO. Eriador also loses A LOT of the units they had and the economy goes through the floor. Reuniting Arnor is just plain stupid, but some people do it for sentimental reasons. Well if we dont remove invasions we must extend the time before you can call it.

If it's even possible for Sauron to return without the console he won't return before turn 40. I think that's plenty of time.

also take into account that the only multiplayer-experienced evil dude is nice...

also take into account that the only multiplayer-experienced evil dude is nice...
    And StealthFox, Gallus and Dwarven Berserker?

hmm... never actually read the list

hey, your entire rohan/isengard argument was based on the evil dudes being trounced 'cause we were all newbies... i thought...

hmm. this is awkward