Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Hotseat Tavern] - The Green Dragon Inn Thread

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [Hotseat Tavern] - The Green Dragon Inn Thread

See this is what i dont get.

If Nice is Isengard, and someone else takes Rohan, Nice will easily destroy him and Gondor within 20 turns...Isengard is OP against Rohan and probably Gondor units too.

If he was Rohan, Rohan has a dis-advantage at Auto-Resolve, which balances out his skill level on a normal Isengard player.

Exactly, Isengard in HS1 is still alive. Gondor is doomed if Nice is Isengard...

See this is what i dont get.

If Nice is Isengard, and someone else takes Rohan, Nice will easily destroy him and Gondor within 20 turns...Isengard is OP against Rohan and probably Gondor units too.

If he was Rohan, Rohan has a dis-advantage at Auto-Resolve, which balances out his skill level on a normal Isengard player.
    Rohan can afford :wub:-l-o-a-d-s of units if you play it right and Isengard cannot. Rohan also starts with a lot more regions than Isengard and the mistake most people make is that they make one huge army consisting of elite units which Isengard can match instead of 2 or 3 armies with ok units where you can send the one army to the north while the others defend the cities and capture rebel cities. Besides Isengard will be attacked by Eriador and maybe even HE as well. OOTMM will have to focus on either SE or HE and OOG will have to focus on Dwarves so that leaves Eriador open to attack whoever he wants.
    Last edited by The Norseman; May 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Eriador and HE? Eriador will be invaded by OoG (If they know whats good for them), HE will need to take back Rivendell which will most likely fall. Those two factions wont be thinking of attacking Isengard, and even if they do it will be very late into the demolition of Rohan :p
    Last edited by *Ranger*; May 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Eriador and HE? Eriador will be invaded by OoG (If they know whats good for them), HE will need to take back Rivendell which will most likely fall. Those two factions wont be thinking of attacking Isengard, and even if they do it will be very late into the demolition of Rohan :p
    But take a look at the faction list and see who is on what team if Nice is Rohan. Almost ALL of the veterans will then be on the good side and the newcomers will be the evil factions. They would all be crushed within the first 15 turns.
    Last edited by The Norseman; May 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    But take a look at the faction list and see who is on what team if Nice is Rohan. Almost ALL of the veterans will then be on the good side and the newcomers will be the evil factions. They would all be crushed within the first 15 turns.
    Well when Rohan is all but destroyed and they come after Gondor, I shall remind you of this conversation and bid you good day sir

Who do you have lined up for Rohan? Shouldn't they have answered you by now?

Well when Rohan is all but destroyed and they come after Gondor, I shall remind you of this conversation and bid you good day sir

Who do you have lined up for Rohan? Shouldn't they have answered you by now?
    Rohan might be defeated, but the point is that thats the only way we can get competition in this hotseat. If Nice goes on the good side, then almost all the experienced players will be on the good side, while only a few on the evil side. I think you know what the outcome will be then. Isengard is not as easy as you think it is either. The reason why Nice often wins is because no one understands his tactics and what his strategy is.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

I can take Rohan

Gondor: Ranger GMT +0
    Dale: The Norseman GMT +1
    Dwarves: Emperor of Hell GMT +1
    Silvans: King Bumi GMT +1
    Isengard: Nice GMT +1
    OOTMM: Knicolas2 GMT +1
    Rhun: Gallus GMT +1
    Mordor: Dwarven Berserker GMT +2
    Rohan:
    Eriador:
    OOG: Willowran GMT -4
    Harad: StealthFox GMT -6
    High Elves: Gimli10 GMT -8
    Are you aware that you have the +GMTs in the wrong order? It should be +2,+1,0,-1....

Are you aware that you have the +GMTs in the wrong order? It should be +2,+1,0,-1....
    Oh lol didnt notice! Ill change it right away.

Hmmm boboav hasnt answered any of my messages, but Ill give him one more hour and if he hasnt responded within then, you can take Rohan.

The reason why Nice often wins is because no one understands his tactics and what his strategy is.
    His tactics are:

1. Pick target

2. Build up an army

3. Hide that army in a forest

4. Attack

He just gets under-estimated. This will be 4 hotseats in a row that I will be facing Nice, and in each one of them he has an advantage.

His tactics are:

1. Pick target

2. Build up an army

3. Hide that army in a forest

4. Attack

He just gets under-estimated. This will be 4 hotseats in a row that I will be facing Nice, and in each one of them he has an advantage.
    Thats his basic tactics. I dont wanna expose the other ones to my enemies, because it would give them huge advantages, but Nice`s strategies are far more advanced than that.

Nice's Avatar Biarchus

If this is the only chance to join the hotseat then I will play Isengard, even though I don't like them.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Nice View Post
    If this is the only chance to join the hotseat then I will play Isengard, even though I don't like them.
    Maybe we two could change factions?

Maybe we two could change factions?
    Read all the previous posts.

Sorry for having to do this Nice, but I think you understand it as well. We need to balance the hotseat by having a decent player as an evil faction.

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Can the OoG Player go Rohan, so boboav (HS1 Veteran) can go OoG?

Can the OoG Player go Rohan, so boboav (HS1 Veteran) can go OoG?
    Then where would edse go?

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Then where would edse go?
    I can be reserve or something. I have quite much to do as admin for hs#2 and I'm still alive in both hs#1 and hs#3.

I can be reserve or something. I have quite much to do as admin for hs#2 and I'm still alive in both hs#1 and hs#3.
    Alright if you say so! Then Willowran is Rohan and Boboav is OOG. That is if Willowran is willing to be Rohan.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Read all the previous posts.

Sorry for having to do this Nice, but I think you understand it as well. We need to balance the hotseat by having a decent player as an evil faction.
    SF and I are quite decent you know. I was a disaster when I started playing but I've learned a lot. If Nice wins quickly Gondor won't survive turn 25. I must warn you that in hs3 Rohan is practically dead and it's only turn 11 or 12. And he isn't playing against Nice...

HS1 and HS2 Rohan is fully alive and prosperous? Besides now that I know Nices tactics, most of them, I will share them with those who are my allies to prevent these things to happen again.
    Last edited by The Norseman; May 21, 2012 at 07:57 AM.