Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

CrisGer's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [ACW] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

simply incredible work. This mod is the first time the ACW has been re created virtually in sufficient detail to make it realistic and historic. Thanks so much to all of the efforts. I see very good historic accuracy as well as i see some unusual uniforms and regimental details that not many would know. Well done.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Development Group
    Linkedin
    "We Build Worlds"

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

To get more and new guys into that mod, I started with a new trailer about 9 months ago.
    Its time to continue that trailer now !

For those who are interested in that new kind of interactive trailer, enjoy a quick preview! Would like to get some feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvkI5WXaLwk
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Great job Hinkel, looks like a proper movie!

Only, maybe use the updated units form 3.5 beta (latest dev version that MM has) for more visual variety?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Great job Hinkel, looks like a proper movie!

Only, maybe use the updated units form 3.5 beta (latest dev version that MM has) for more visual variety?
    Thank you Trig!

Yes, for the infantry and cavalry charge option, I will use the new beta
    The artillery barrage and the intro was made with the old 3.4 version.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

Last edited by WAR monger; June 15, 2013 at 02:36 PM.
    [signature]

I just started a Let's Play on Youtube. Please check it out and give me notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ilO...aeYapA3wt6-R-z

This is a short intro video to American Civil War (using version 3.5) with comments in Spanish:

Link to video in case insert doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNzs0Th27aM

Icon10 Re: [ACW] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

Not a game shot. But I'm sure any fan of ACW would appreciate this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	high-water-mark.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	479.2 KB 
ID:	289601

I would like to thank all of the people who have worked on the ACW mod over the past few years. I've been playing it for a little over a year now and really love the work you have done. (I do suffer occasional CTDs in battle, but only with really big fights and it's usually cause I did something stupid.) You really need to take your work to CA and lobby them to allow you work on an official Total War game based on the American Civil War. I can hardly imagine what you could do if you had all the tools needed for building a complete game without mod limitations. The Civil War is by far my favorite history subject next to WW2 and if there is any thing I can offer to help out, I'd be more than happy to. In fact, I actually live within 2 hours drive of some of the biggest Eastern theater battlefields, including Gettysburg (40 mins. away), Fredericksburg, Antietam and many others. I would be more than willing to get hi-def photos(including panaromas) and videos of the actual battlefields, if anyone is interested. Anyway, best of luck with your continued efforts on ACW. I hope CA notices your work and will give you an opportunity to work with them on an official title. I'd pre-pay for it today !!!

Hey guys, I was playing some Confederacy campaign and managed to set up on a hill while attacking. Thought I'd snap a screenshot, I've always loved the idea of lines on a hill firing over each others heads. I'm not a pro at this but i like it
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cool stuff. Keep 'em coming.
    Did firing over their heads work?

Hello everyone! It's my first time posting screenshots on this forum. I hope you'll enjoy them!

Texas CSA Infantry
    Battle Carnage

...and the last one (Sorry for double posting but I don't know how to edit the previous one).

CSA Infantry at Alpes

Having a blast playing this MOD... Great job ACW team! I had an epic campaign battle on a beautiful Kentucky field and just had to share. If I had photoshop I would tweak them but even stock I think they look awesome! The images are of a well fortified Union line which made the battle a slaughter but still really fun to watch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-03-09_00002.jpg   2014-03-09_00003.jpg   2014-03-09_00005.jpg   2014-03-09_00006.jpg   2014-03-09_00007.jpg  

2014-03-09_00014.jpg   2014-03-09_00019.jpg   2014-03-09_00027.jpg   2014-03-09_00028.jpg   2014-03-09_00030.jpg  

Last edited by wolfshart79; March 11, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshart79 View Post
    Having a blast playing this MOD... Great job ACW team! I had an epic campaign battle on a beautiful Kentucky field and just had to share. If I had photoshop I would tweak them but even stock I think they look awesome! The images are of a well fortified Union line which made the battle a slaughter but still really fun to watch.
    *cough* Fredericksburg and Gettysburg *cough*

Default Your Best or Favorite Screenshots

Over the course of my first go on 3.5 I have taken about 700 Screenshots and have saved all battle replays. Was just curious if anyone was interesting in sharing some of their own favorite screenshots. My friends enjoy seeing them, as do I, so please feel free to post your favorites. I need to learn how to edit video so I can put together some highlights of my favorite battles.

Default Re: Your Best or Favorite Screenshots

I have a bunch more I need to get posted.

On a trip for work to Spring Hill I had a chance to stop a take a photo. This is facing south, away from Spring Hill. It is apparently the site of Forrests 3pm Cavalry Charge, carried out by Brigadier General James Chalmers, which was repelled by Union Artillery

This stickied thread is a good place for that:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-1-released%29

Rithal's Avatar Foederatus

No way! I live in Spring Hill! If you think that's cool, next time you're here, you should go to Franklin. It's about 10 miles north of Spring Hill. Franklin was the site of one of the 4 major battles in Tennessee. Lots of cool tours you can take and many preserved battlefields. They do a reenactment around december every year as well. If there's anything you want to know about the Civil War history here, just ask.