Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Fanart, AARs

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

[IMG]Rout.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry the picture didn't come up.

EDIT: merged, I know it was a technical issue, but double-post is double-post MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 18, 2012 at 02:02 AM. Reason: doubleposting

Default Re: [Version 3] Screens, Videos, AAR´s, Fanart (Trailer #1 released)

Here it's a place where you can find a presentation of ACW3.0: B vs B

http://youtu.be/slgYBc5U3mA?hd=1

Watch it please!

(french)

FAIL, sorry

This was one of my favorite moments ass soon as 3.1 was released, I was attacking Washington DC and I hit their fort with tons of artillery and they tried to run out of the fort to defend and I already had my troops in a V formation around the breach, when they were all dead I sent my best Close Quarters troops (Stonewall Brigade) in and they charged in over the dead Yankees, Its great because I'm a Virginian (family has been here since 1632) and my family all served in the 1st Brigade (Stonewall Brigade) so it was cool to see that and almost feel like I took part in the war. Woohoo for Southern Independence!

I appreciate the comments Aeneas! Amazing work! Wish I could get it looking like that xD oh well, I'll stick to four unit stacks for now xD
    Some came mainly because we were bored at home, thought this looked like it might be fun

Some came because we were ashamed in not to

Many of us came because it was the right thing to do

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Could some one post a screenshot of the campaign map?

hello

I just have a question that i am having trouble getting a definitive answer on.
    When i play the B&G campaign, do i play with the entire ETW map or only in the north america? also just wondering is there revamps for other countries or just confederates and northerners? what i mean is, can i play with brittish ~1860 units to in this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    hello

I just have a question that i am having trouble getting a definitive answer on.
    When i play the B&G campaign, do i play with the entire ETW map or only in the north america? also just wondering is there revamps for other countries or just confederates and northerners? what i mean is, can i play with brittish ~1860 units to in this mod?
    if you looked around on this forum you could find all these answers...also why did you post this in the screenshot thread?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=541439

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=539943

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=541084

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Hi,
    2 of mine :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Nice one the second shot...though they're damn yankees!!
    Last edited by Horatio Hornblower; May 23, 2012 at 08:06 AM.

angus young's Avatar Ordinarius
    Villefranche de rouergue France in the south

Thank Mister Hornblower ruler of the seas !

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by angus young View Post
    Thank Mister Hornblower ruler of the seas !

The confeds fought till the last man in their defense.

commander telling the rebels to hold the high ground. Standing solid despite heavy cannon fire.

Narrow miss on commander spells doom for soldier. Commander remains steady.

Nobody moves from this wall. And they proved it.

to the last man...
    Defending the breach.
    Heavy bombardment.

Need to post some more screens! but going to be getting back to my S2TW mesh editor and messing wit the TED now too...just wanted to say thanks for the pms i've been getting on my screenies. To answer the majority of the questions here:

My settings are everything on max
    I use photoshop to crop my pictures and remove the hud
    The only other things i am adjusting is the brightness and contrast if the picture needs it
    I'm not using any clone tools or masking or anything else

thanks for questions

spiderknight's Avatar Ordinarius

a few from my confederate campaign

Default The Battle of Jacksonville

Going to post a battle AAR I had in a campaign, pretty fun fight, very hard campaign, hard battles. I do not have a ton of time so I will update this thread over a little bit of time and then compile and post the final in the AAR sticky thread.

Without further ado, The battlemap and early positions as contact broke out on the right flank between some Dismounted cavalry taking cover between a small grove of trees along a wood fence and engaging a confederate infantry brigade.

The Union was on the attack but it was the confederate troops who pushed forward to a fight.

Point A,
    field where confederate troops had a prolonged engagement with dismounted union cavalry. A survivor of the engagement wrote, We heard the screams of the rebels as they drew closer, The order was given to dismount and take cover along a fence near a small pocket of trees. Through the soft snowfall we could see them drawing near and finally we were given the order to fire. The rest is all a haze as the smoke made it impossible to see and screams of men around were drowned out by the deafening sound of gunfire all around.

Radar showing positions.

Point A, confederate brigade.

Running to engage,

Close up of point A,

During the fight for point A,

The fight at Point A was the backdoor to the Union Army, as the Union army pushed hard towards Jacksonville it took two companies of union cavalry dismounted to hold the confederate brigade at bay. This allowed the regulars of the Union army to advance to a better position next to a house along a stone wall at (point B) with mounted cavalry to support the rear. Custer Commanded from point I on Day 1. The colored division led by the 54th Mass. pushed hard south towards Jacksonville at point H they turned to engage at point C. The Confederate troops first assaulted point A and then cavalry support by infantry made an assault on the union line at point B. The confederate brigade behind the stonewall at D makes it difficult to cross the muddy open fields in front of it without taking heavy fire. The melted snow made it impossible for either army to field artillery so it became a real slugfest in the mud.

Day one Troop movements Map,

Point B on the map became a major point of conflict during the day 1 action. It will be the pivotal moment of the battle at this point.

Point C, heavy fire by 54th Mass forces heavy casualties to key defense point of confederates. The colored division continued to fire and advance their way to capture point C by days end.

Day one movements and engagements.

Closer view over point B

As the confederate brigade was held at bay on the right flank the union regulars marched to the stonewalls at point B. The wheat fields provided a muddy tough path with a brigade of confederate troops behind a stonewall, watching for anyone crossing. well the confederate troops made their strike through the forest hitting B hard.

The assault was led by a cavalry charge followed by infantry marching to support. The confederate infantry faultered their charge and pulled up engaging the union line alone the stonewall, near house. The cavalry looked like they might push through, the attack felt overwhelming and the entire right would fall if any unit fled.

At this point all seemed lost on the right, the dismounted cavalry at point A were barely holding their own on the extreme right flank. point B was on the fringe.

Just as Custer was going to commit in the reserve cavalry, the union line near the house broke ranks and the back row shifted to the right and fired a few volleys into their own ranks and the overwhelming cavalry. The commander told his boys to aim higher as to avoid their own. after a volley they charged into the melee and helped stave off the charge.

The confederate attack retreated, many were shot down as they pulled back.

Day one map again.

As the battle waged at point B, the 54th Mass took fire at point C and fired upon and advanced towards point D.

Closer view of point C.

While the regulars were hesitant to cross the wheat fields the colored brigade marched ahead firing along the way.

Some of the casualties at point C.

They scared the confederates right off their stonewall as the marched towards them and continued a heavy fire. They took the opposite wall where the confederates once held at point D.

At this point The 54th Mass was able to drive the confederates out of the forest and into the wheat fields.

Custer moved his men to take the stonewall and forest near the wheat field at point E.

The Union regulars and reserve cavalry finally move in to support the advance.

The battle at point A was over, the Union cavalry sent the confederates running the same time their cavalry fled the field. the aftermath was devastating to each sides numbers as it was a fierce fire fight.
    Union casualties Point A

Confederate Casualties Point A

As nightfall stopped battle for the night the positions stood with the 54th Mass fortified at points D and F in Jacksonville. The Union Regulars and rest of the dismounted cavalry moved to the stonewall at the forest near point E. Custer surveyed from point I until nightfall and moved up to the farmhouse along the stonewall between point B and H.

On the Confederate Side General Hood watched the battle from point J. At point G is where the confederate troops were pushed back to at nightfall where they made camp..

Some of the heaviest fighting in the war to this point came at point B in this battle as the aftermath shows.

Point D. Focus of Day 2 battle, Confederates make an assault across the wheat field.

New day two map of movements.

Point A, Retreating confederates from failed first day assault. Some union troops were forced to pull back also. Remaining troops on the ground from day one A and B points move up to day two stonewall point B. The colored division anchored by the 54th Mass. Moves to points E and D and engage the confederates fresh day two assault.

Closer map to points E and D.

Here is some of the action by the 54th Mass at point E.

Also at point D. Where they deflected a cavalry charge and sent them running.

The confederates held strong but in the end were overcome by the 54th Mass and pushed out of the forest leaving only dead and wounded behind at point E.

At point B of Day two, Hood made a valiant charge on the entrenched right flank at B.

Closer view of day two B.

Once hood committed his cavalry Custer unleashed his as well. Custer figuring by now the muddy wheat field would be packed in by the extensive movement taking place all over it and it was a prime time to unleash his cavalry across the wheat field taking the confederates by surprise.

Hood fought bravely and when his men abandoned him he stayed fighting to the end. Jacksonville would be his last fight. Hood died at point B.

The Union Cavalry pushed hard upon hearing of Hoods death. They hit point C and wreck havoc.

Custers Cavalry thundered across the wheat field and cut many confederates to pieces as they tried to brave the charge.

As Custer forced a mass retreat by most the confederates he pushed on towards point F and took the brigade in the rear out. (closer view of F)

The last confederate brigade sandwiched between Custers cavalry behind and the 54th Mass in front, did not stand long. Custer was soon surveying his field of victory.

The Bloody Wheat Field aftermath.

Point B of Hoods charge, near his death spot, which is off screen in the trees to the left a little

Final Results,
    Last edited by aurther; June 02, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Screens from a campaign battle.

awesome work aurther! + rep

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by aurther View Post
    Screens from a campaign battle.
    Very nice + rep

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4it View Post
    This was one of my favorite moments ass soon as 3.1 was released, I was attacking Washington DC and I hit their fort with tons of artillery and they tried to run out of the fort to defend and I already had my troops in a V formation around the breach, when they were all dead I sent my best Close Quarters troops (Stonewall Brigade) in and they charged in over the dead Yankees, Its great because I'm a Virginian (family has been here since 1632) and my family all served in the 1st Brigade (Stonewall Brigade) so it was cool to see that and almost feel like I took part in the war. Woohoo for Southern Independence!
    I take it your family took a rather large hit at Spotsylvania.

(For those unaware: the Stonewall Brigade was obliterated at the Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse. Very nasty battle. Probably the most brutal fighting ever seen in North America.)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast