Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by patton267 View Post
    Sorry about the melt down i was just really upset and had a bad day. i got darthmod working again. but i will ask every time i try to do the campange it just goes right back to the main menu for both north, and south does this mean i need warpath. please responde. also sorry for the poor spelling
    Itīs okay mate.
    Yes for now you will warpath, but with the next update you will be able to play without it.
    I would highly recommend to wait if you are a campaign player because we have to fix some issues.

Shirby's Avatar Laetus

Hello! (again)
    A quick question, how to unlock Howitzers in the campaign? (the AI is already using them lol)
    Its says some research is needed but the research tree is coming next version I assume.

In our next Patch (which is close) this will be corrected.
    The tech tree is coming later, but you get the needed techs from beginning to upgrade the ordnance building.

Upcoming patch - new Warpath campaign file

Situation at the border after a few turns (played as cs)

EDIT: I merged your double-post... please don't fire me MM

Shokh, if we want to do a campaign, should we try the hotfix, or at this point would you say the next actual patch is close enough we may as well just wait for it? I just ask because there's no sense in starting the campaign 3 different times if fixes are close at hand anyways.

Separately, if we want to try other Empire mods, DMUC, RTI, etc, would you recommend fresh empire installations or is ACW foldered in such a way that they shouldn't interfere with each other?
    Last edited by Genosse; May 18, 2012 at 01:01 PM.

I would say wait, because we progress very well without greater problems atm. Itīs close enough.
    When you want to play other mods, open the launcher, close it and chose vanilla ready. This way all should be fine.

Default JUST got it installed this morning...

OK...

I played a few custom battles and here's what I think.

On "expert" it was stupid hard. Twice the men and a hight advantage being on a ridge meant nothing, the CS slaughtered me with every volly and charged right up there. Unreal, lol. So I had to dumb it down a bit.

What I liked the most...

1. Love the art. effects on the ground. The smoke from the hits and the flames are REALLY cool, as I have seen that happen haha.

2. Presentation is fantasic, would like to hear more music variety though.

3. Rifle and art. sounds are GREAT! Love that high pitched crack from the rifles.

4. Smoke effects look great.

5. Like the new skins.

What I would like to see changed...

1. Cav that shoot while mounted, as this was really how they were used.

2. CORRECT US Zouave uniforms please. Which I understand will be fixed soon...

3. Could the NY regiment have NY shell jackets with the white piping please? (Sorry, NY infantry reenactor here...) Haha, I can't resist.

4. The rifles (they are not muskets) need to be less powerful, good grief my guys are droping like flies haha.

5. Don't know if there is a way, but could you fix and unfix bayonets?

6. Could infantry stand shoulder to shoulder and not in such a lose formation? I know there is a mod for NTW out there that does it. This is probably by biggest thing that drives me nuts with this mod. Haha. I want my guys to stand correct.

Other than that it looks great! Worth the wait. Can't wait for the patches to come out. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by WarOfAges1776; May 18, 2012 at 01:55 PM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776
    5. Don't know if there is a way, but could you fix and unfix bayonets?
    If you have that option (plug bayonet) then you can't shoot with your unit any more. other than that, there is no way to make infantry fix bayonets, charge and when done unfix them and continue shooting. sorry, one of engine limits I'm afraid...

yeah that's what I thought.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: JUST got it installed this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by WarOfAges1776 View Post

3. Could the NY regiment have NY shell jackets with the white piping please? (Sorry, NY infantry reenactor here...) Haha, I can't resist.
    Hmm, you mean like those here?
    They were actually blue right?

--------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Default Re: JUST got it installed this morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Hmm, you mean like those here?
    They were actually blue right?

WOW yes! They were sky blue to almost an off white blueish color. I've seen them both. But yeah, that looks FREAKING AWESOME!

I take it that shot is from the NTW mod correct?

Hi guys, beautiful work so far. Can't wait for 3.1.

I have a question about artillery availability. I started up the (incomplete, i know) Warpath campaign and found that you can only have 8 total 6-pound cannons. Perhaps your comments about artillery research opening up more options resolves this issue, but i think it's sort of ridiculous that the entire country can only field 8 batteries. Do upcoming versions have that limit deleted?

Also, is there a way for us to have more money for custom battles? It seems to me like limiting the amount of money, thereby limiting the amount of units you can buy, is counter-productive in making this the great game it could be. i want 20-unit-on-20-unit battles!

Anyway it looks great, keep it up.

Patch 3.1 is today available. Donīt want and canīt say a exact time but it will be not very late.

What can we expect in the new patch ? Thanks B&G team for the quick work to make the mod even better

I will release a full changelog within the patch, but there are a lot.
    Very happy about the progress too.

delmat's Avatar Tiro

that's some good news shokh!
    anyway I just want to give one suggestion concerning additional infantry units..you guys don't have to make unique units because most of the famous ones are already included in the mod and they are great..you can return the existing ones like hampton's legion, CSA irish volunteers, engineers&sharpshooters (oh and please make gregg's and orphan brigade look a little different like in 2.6, because now they look exactly the same and you can maybe make some kind of generic state units (for example I know CSA regular infantry represents any of the numerous "not-so-famous" regiments from any southern state) but you can also make some particular generic state regiments like alabama infantry or union ohio infantry etc..that way you can make a several new units that don't have to look unique in any particular or strictly historical way (just some minor uniform differencies just that they aren't clones of main csa/union regular infantry or clones of one another) and can significantly add to the unit diversity of the mod
    this is just a suggestion and you've probably already thought about it but I liked the idea and had to propose it cheers

Patch 3.1 is now released. Youīll find a new sticky thread.

Hello,

just started a campaign with 3.1 installed and it was a huge difference to 3.0 the CAI is really quick in building units and attacking...too fast for me

But i have 2 questions:

1.) where can i recruit the generals now ? cant find them neither in the cities or in the barracks

2.) is it normal on the strategy map that my rebel troops where red jackets ?

if it matters im playing the warpath campaign

Than you for this awesome mod

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by PrussianGuard View Post
    Hello,

just started a campaign with 3.1 installed and it was a huge difference to 3.0 the CAI is really quick in building units and attacking...too fast for me

But i have 2 questions:

1.) where can i recruit the generals now ? cant find them neither in the cities or in the barracks

2.) is it normal on the strategy map that my rebel troops where red jackets ?

if it matters im playing the warpath campaign

Than you for this awesome mod
    1) The generals are recruited when you receive: Reporting for Duty message

2) Strategy? you mean battle map or campaign map? If battle map, then some units zouaves might have red jackets or some form of red on them, but not completly red. while on the campaign map, they should be wearing a gray (southern) uniform.

cheers

Thanks for the patch.

I had a working warpath campaign before, using steam, installed everything as you asked but I get a CTD everytime I want to start a campaign, either US or CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    1) The generals are recruited when you receive: Reporting for Duty message

2) Strategy? you mean battle map or campaign map? If battle map, then some units zouaves might have red jackets or some form of red on them, but not completly red. while on the campaign map, they should be wearing a gray (southern) uniform.

cheers
    @generals: i had those messages for lee and stonewall but couldnt recruit them like i was able to in 3.0

@strategy: yes sorry i meant the campaign map of course and the jacket is red