Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

After the fall of megaupload many filehoster have closed or other regulations.
    Some lowered the maximum uploadsize, some lowered download speed or other limits.

But as i´m working atm on our homepage, i may consider to store the files then there.

Hi Shokh,

I noticed that in the mod 3.0 both Union and Confederacy pratically start with no main / big army. A suggestion of my for the future mod 3.1 is make sure that, at the beginning of the warpath / campaign, the Union has an an army in Washington D.C. at least twice that of the Confederacy. In this way the game will be more realistic, from the historical point of view. I hope this suggestion will be useful for your work.

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

In Large-unit mode, are units supposed to have ".5" number values for troop strength?

Some Line Infantry has 247.5 men, Generals 7.5, etc...
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chernov View Post
    In Large-unit mode, are units supposed to have ".5" number values for troop strength?

Some Line Infantry has 247.5 men, Generals 7.5, etc...
    Those .5's account for the "smaller" soldiers in the war

Icon7 Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Hey there, big love out to the whole familly! Just wanted someone important to read a MASSIVE thankyou on behalf of all low end PC users for seeing CS regular infantry wearing kepis on the medium graphics setting..

As always big respect tot he crew for caring what us ikko ikki's r saying! x x Matofact

Meades a Confederate. Sorry to say game crashed. I was under the impression this was a main fix. Love 3.0 and what you guys have done. I will wait now for 3.1 for some fixes

Sorry for the last post. It seems we all have had issues. I know the team is doing their best. Thanks

EDIT: merged double post... MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 16, 2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: doubleposting

well besides stability so far I am finding it fun. if you guys can get stability to the point of darth mod I will be happy, I have played some 400 hours according to steam on empire and most of it on darth mod, very few crashes (even better stability then vanilla imo or at least on par)

so far I have encountered 2 ctds today so far and I am sure you guys will fix whatever issues there are. so far mine were both different, one was when I went to end turn it just CTD, and then when I when a battle finished before it went back to campaign map it CTD.

besides that, other issues that I found were that when recruiting generals they do not lead or show up as the command unit? my general unit is just a 300 man infantry unit and my general is just a 10 man horse unit. whats the point of generals if they dont lead the armies? do they give huge moral bonuses for troops nearby? is it a bug or is it intended this way?

not sure how you can make the CAI better but so far I have been steam rolling the confeds im sieging their cities and hitting their weak armies with 4x their number if not more.

Is there any plans to add more units? Because at the time being it seems like the number of infantry units is very limited. What happened to the State militia, skirmishers, engineers? etc. There are more generals than inf.

Is it normal that there is no research tree?

Starting Armies:
    It´s saver to start without them, even when it would fit better. Just wait for the campaign fixes. You will see that the CAI (when the campaign does what i´ve coded in DB) will pull out enough units in the first turns. The best result will you have if you let the AI for a few turns, 4-5 may enough build up a bit.

Large unit size:
    Yes, the common unit size was set as medium. The engine simple multiplicate then. But i like darqen27´s explanation better. ;p

Stability:
    Yes, it is atm the highest priority for us to fix the troubles with it one by one.
    It is much easier to do it here then in 2.6 it would be. You´ll have not that long to wait for the next patch.
    But please consider that a mod which changes so many parts of the game compared to other mods it will always be a higher chance that somewhere the bug devil is in.

CAI:
    Now get´s the AI steam rolled because of an bug, when fixed this may lead that you get steam rolled *joking*. No, let´s see then, if we then need even more enemy units, i have some place in doing here changes, but i don´t wanted to overdose it. It seems in my patch file that there is enough. Playing as US the CSA had a full stack on my eastern border in march 1861.

More Units:
    First of all, state milita is in the game. They are the garisson units and cannot recruited regulary.
    CSA irish brigade, engineers, sharpshooters and skirmishers will find back into the game with one of the next patches. And in future will come additional ones.

Research:
    Yes it´s normal for now.

Hope, i got all questions. Good morning.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

CAI:
    Now get´s the AI steam rolled because of an bug, when fixed this may lead that you get steam rolled *joking*. No, let´s see then, if we then need even more enemy units, i have some place in doing here changes, but i don´t wanted to overdose it. It seems in my patch file that there is enough. Playing as US the CSA had a full stack on my eastern border in march 1861.

I just put my bug report into the bug-report thread ... please, release at least the CAI hotfix
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post

I just put my bug report into the bug-report thread ... please, release at least the CAI hotfix
    Soon.

Patrician Artifex

Wow ... i started another campaign as Union (after fiddled again with CAI files), and suddenly from on 1862, the CSA AI wakes up? Without any wanted efforts i took formerly Tennessee (a gift so to say from CSA) and wandered around in Virginia with my many armies without to take Virginia as next gift (empty town) ... then, out of nothing CSA armies everywhere

Else, Spain got 2 texan/mexican regions from CSA (purchase or anything?), France (in 2nd turn) and Spain declared war to me, Mexico, too, i believe, CSA is allied with Spain, and Mexico and also France i believe, Britain allied with me.

Questions:
    1. Anybody else experienced something similar?
    2. Is there a scripting lua going on, that initiates that (spawning?) or something else?
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yes they behave the same way in my games. In the esf file is a changed CAI personality which may lead to this failure and after one year, the game seems to restore these settings to the normal and then the db part starts being effective

As i said before we can fix this soon for all players.
    This is my newest screenshot of a csa campaign, date april 1861
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Artifex

^ Oh damn, everything is good ... i really want you to release the CAI hotfix, now

P.S. Perhaps a tiny zip folder with the according .pack and esf files?

The file has at least one bug in there which leads to an crash. But something that can be cleared out.
    If we have this crash fixed i need to do a 2 year campaign with both sides at final testing.
    Then it will directly released with some other fixes in a bundle.
    Husserl is doing a great job atm to fix this esf files.

Patrician Artifex

Alright, i'll shut-up and wait now for the imo. by far best ETW(/NTW) engine mod calling ACW 3.x (hotfix-patch, whatsoever) ... and thank you again for realising the ACW Warpath campaign (i remember the times as you wanted to release ACW 3.0 as Custom Battle mod, and Campaign mode would be something far later released).

I don't know if this is the right post to post it in but i cam across a problem, i was playing the warpath campaign and quick-loaded a previous save however as soon as i did so the campaign map changed to the normal empire map and i controlled the UK? quite a strange bug i tried doing it again and the same happened. Anyway amazing Mod!!!

Indeed strange and i have no clue why this happend.

All the download sites "have reached their daily upload capacity."