Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1136515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1221

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We tried but for some reason the AI refuses to dismount.
    Fantastic mod!Shall we expect 3.7 update?

Excellent battles with this mod! "To be a good soldier, you must love the army. To be a good commander, you must be willing to order the death of the thing you love."
    Last edited by _Pickett_; June 05, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
    "We must expect reverses, even defeats. They are sent to teach us wisdom and prudence, to call forth greater energies, and to prevent our falling into greater disasters." (Gen. Robert E. Lee)

The mod itself is awesome!

However, the enemy BAI is incompetent in structuring a proper battle line in combat, so they always get shot and surrounded by me almost immediately, even though they could easily prevent encirclement if they had a straight line and one or two regiments on each flank.

Even while I am outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1, they are not able to win a single battle against me.

Is there any suggestion on how to improve the BAI for this mod? Perhaps use this mod together with a Campaign and Battle AI improvement mod? If the latter, which mod do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance!

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Without doubt one of the best mods for ETW and one I always come back to, but I can't just play custom battles only (I need a reason for playing) and the campaign always crashes after a while and no matter what I try I can't get around it. Will this ever get looked at or is the campaign staying as is?

Cheers SirDCC
    Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; July 30, 2017 at 09:36 AM.

Need some people to help re-work the campaign startpos files.

Possibly also strip the buildings chains back to vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by pappagoat View Post
    Need some people to help re-work the campaign startpos files.
    Hope it happens. Have you tried reaching out to other forums? Tonight I'll start a thread in my beloved community on CivilWarTalk.com to see if anyone could step up to the plate.

erased and moved to technical help thread
    Last edited by General Gordon; October 21, 2017 at 09:09 AM.

In the past Total War vanilla campaign crashes have been caused by a required object (a faction or person or item) not being present. Perhaps, don't kill any generals, leave some cities undeveloped, leave the factions alive if you can?

My question is what DLC's are compatible with ACW 3.6.2? Obviously you need the Warpath DLC. What others are required or excluded? My admirals are all Maratha Confederacy, for instance.

Excellent mod though. I greatly admire all the work that obviously went into making it. Thanks very much!

Quote Originally Posted by zombeez View Post
    Excellent mod though. I greatly admire all the work that obviously went into making it. Thanks very much!
    I agree, its the 4th time i have come back to this mod, ok it takes a while to re-install Empire and install ACW but its well worth it , i like having Gods and generals or Gettysburg on the big screen while im playing, for added atmosphere

Good Work fellas
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

In full 2019 this mod still does not work, causing many unsuspecting people like me to lose hours trying to play it ...

That, which does not work, should be put very large on the first page of any post about it

Definitely and I uninstall it forever because 2019 and the last message is from 2016.

Great mod that never was

I've played few month ago. It works...

Laetus

a new update would be amazing, with playable European, Mexican and native nations, I really go crazy just thinking about it lol

Ok merci pour votre réponse.

General_ARC's Avatar Laetus

Hi, I am late to this but so far enjoying V3.6.2 very much. Campaign Questions, (1) I cannot figure out how to recruit naval units. (2) How to you acquire technology, you cannot research it? (3) is there any point in using diplomacy to get technologies? It seems to have an effect but not 100% clear? (4) Cannot build forts in the field with an officer like you can in native empire total war, is this blocked for some reason? (5) Cannot fortify towns? The only fortifications I get are what look like mines for one unit type, is there no barricades or other barriers that your troops can build when you have been sitting in the same spot? I would be very grateful for any how to document or short guide on game features. Thanks General_ARC.

Gents,

In short a couple years ago I got a new laptop with Windows 10. Everything was fine, then Windows did some update and for some reason I can figure out most ETW mods no longer launch, including ACW. Thus I have been unable to play or work on it since.... whenever it was I last posted more or less.

If anybody has any idea on how to track down my some mods are not launching I would be much obliged.

-PG

Quote Originally Posted by General_ARC View Post
    Hi, I am late to this but so far enjoying V3.6.2 very much. Campaign Questions, (1) I cannot figure out how to recruit naval units. (2) How to you acquire technology, you cannot research it? (3) is there any point in using diplomacy to get technologies? It seems to have an effect but not 100% clear? (4) Cannot build forts in the field with an officer like you can in native empire total war, is this blocked for some reason? (5) Cannot fortify towns? The only fortifications I get are what look like mines for one unit type, is there no barricades or other barriers that your troops can build when you have been sitting in the same spot? I would be very grateful for any how to document or short guide on game features. Thanks General_ARC.

(1) Naval recruitment should be working. Although naval battles may be crashing again (you may have to auto-resolve) this is an old bug we inherited. It went away then somehow came back.

(2) No technology tree, technologies make no difference at present.

(3) No.

(4) Disabled.

(5) Yes you can. Not sure what you mean by they look like mine.

Yes there are forts, they are reworked to look like earthworks - check them out in the siege battles.
    Yes if a unit is static they build defensive earthworks.

I hope this isn't too noobish of a question. I love this mod outstanding work! I was just wondering... Is there a compatible mod that works to lay out the many available units to select from the custom battle in an easier to see and better way? So many units which is great but was just wondering out of curiosity. I hope my question is clear.

Thanks very much.

Hoi everyone! Well, it's been a while since i last played the mod, recently thought i could give it another go. But when i have installed the mod, (put the smoke-submod in and modified the gui-template for 40-Unit armies) and want to start, i get an error.

It says: Steam error (top windowborder),
    then: Application load error 5:0000065434

I play ETW steam version (definitive edition) and i have the modinstaller ACW 3.6.2.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix it or what i'm doing wrong? Maybe get rid of the 40 units thingy? Please help!

Thanks in advance,
    Major Dan