Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

A pretty nice mod you guys made. I had to uninstall after my third campaign CTD (after clicking end turn and hitting okay on the bankruptcy notification). I'll dump my impressions here:

Campaign

*Diplomacy is very limited (the only time it did me any good was when I declared war on the Union)
    *I noticed that you had to recruit generals when it said they were "reporting for duty," otherwise they disappeared after the end of the turn (i.e. couldn't recruit General Lee in my first playthrough)
    *The building system seems kind of superfluous (you have scads of cash, they take one turn to build, and they don't really do much)
    *The Union in my playthrough didn't seem to have any standing armies
    *Original ETW music would randomly chime in every once in a while (I think you guys need more music, even if just for filler)
    *All of my CTD's seemed to happen at the end of a turn
    *Armies had vanilla sounds (i.e. "for the crown") and my elections would almost instantly replace the historical government characters (who had mostly low stats) with better vanilla ones

Battles

*Absolutely loved the sounds and skins
    *The special units were a great addition (more, like the Irish Volunteers, would be nice)
    *Siege pathfinding was a problem, but as an experienced ETW player I blame this one the vanilla engine
    *Had some serious lag problems with a full-sized army (I'll post my rig specs on the bottom of this post), which seemed to be directly related to the larger infantry regiments
    *No square formations (I imagine that this was intentional though)
    *No rally ability for the generals (it was like having a captain on the field)
    *Custom maps were neat, and I really enjoyed the extra walls that you guys threw in

Other

*As many others on here have commented, the download mirror for the game absolutely stinks (my broadband connection was getting 46k). Anything you guys could do to fix this would go a long way toward getting new people to play the mod.
    *The launcher for the game was great. I always appreciate it when modders save me the trouble of having to muck around in my /common folder.

Specs:
    3.7 AMD Phenom II X4 970BE w/ 4GB dual-channel DDR3 (670MHz)
    2x (crossfire) ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair III Formula
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit
    ETW vanilla fresh installed from Steam with Warpath and Elite Units of the West pack

ok folks, it is a rar file. just click on the name and delete the guote marks on either side. than works perfect for extraction.

JOPAKE's Avatar Libertus

Sweet, its working! Many thanks to the ACW team and OneEyeMick for the help!

Still, I'm upset about not having any Irish Volunteers for CSA.

EDIT:merged double-post; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 15, 2012 at 01:08 AM. Reason: doubleposting

So if I dont have warpath how long do I need to wait?

Guys, there are threads for general bugs and I believe start-up troubles as well.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

People, please post your problems/issues etc in their respectful threads... you aren't doing any good by posting them here. We can't see it so often, when we do, we can't fix it so soon because we have to inform about them the persons who are in charge etc...

you are making our lives very difficult. also, remember, every second we have to move your misplaced questions/posts to their designated threads is a second lost, both in answering your question and improving/producing the 3.1 patch...

I'll move most of the posts to their respectful threads, but don't make a habit out of it. I'm not nanny of your posts

Hey there to all folks in the familly!
    Before I begin I just wanted to thank the whole team for getting the mod out on schedule!
    And for all your hard work..
    And for bein so patient with all the negs...

As for me as a user with a very low end PC I can only note that the game runs roughly half the speed of 2.6. Frame rate, load times are all up x2 on my system. Thats before anyone fires a gun!

Loved the new melee mechanics, very fluid close combat and the extended musket ranges open up huge new tactical posibilities. Was great to see computer BAI getting out of cover when flanked and engaging, even Darthmod didn't do that till 7.0.
    Enjoyed the smaller units as my machine is poor!
    Is the lag due to the new unit textures maybe?

All CAI issues i'm sure are well in hand so I leave it to the experts who gave us 2.6!
    Also the unit cards show manilla pictures of line infantry..I assume 3.1 will correct, or poss 3.2 as it is a minor issue.

But all things considered I simply appreciate the entire effort, BIG LOVE to the whole team and of course the extended familly! x x Matofact

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Well, I don't know what's your current unit size setting, but, your units should be the same size as they were in the 2.6 (around 200 line infantry) no matter what is the setting (normal or large/huge)... lag can be due to various things... some may have to do something with the mod, others don't...

I do have a solution:
    buy more powerful pc

EDIT:
    all of you that have played some battles already, please visit this thread and leave your comments/opinions and don't forget to vote. this will greatly help OneEyeMick to balance the things further...

MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 15, 2012 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    I do, i do...with the lightning power of 45kbs upload!!! No one can stop it!

Edit: Mirror 3 - Part 2 (music)
    downloaded but the file is 8,56 kb only...

someone please play this online with me! I have yet to find anyone in the lobbies

www.youtube.com/user/SaxonKing1225

Hi Shokh,

an important question: is the mirror 3 a substitute of mirror 1/2 or an addition?

So , I just bought "Warpath" to play your fantastic mod (havenīt touched that crap game in years) . Well , the graphics are ... Empire , what more can I say , but your sounds are incredible . I love the musket and cannon sounds and the stuff units say when you give them an order . The music is great as well , I could lean back and listen to it without playing at all . Only the moaning sounds are imo too much and noisy , would it be possible to decrease them a bit ? Oh , I forgot to mention that your battlefield smoke is awesome but it seems to decrease performance quite a bit.

awesome mod but a couple things that made me kinda frown-face:

1st: A lot and lot of generals, but very limited infantry. What happened to the engineers? Skirmishers? the Other Volunteer, militia troops etc.
    2nd: dunno if its just me, but the marching animations are kinda weird, like they are jogging when they are supposed to be awesome.

Just my two cents

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Perhaps you could try uploading the files (especially the first one) on Mediafire.com or filefront? The second one is on filefront which usually works okay, but I can't get any of the other mirrors to work.

(another good idea would be to upload a torrent with both files)

I try to use the Grand Campaign option. It loads up then takes me back to the main menu.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyboy1103 View Post
    I try to use the Grand Campaign option. It loads up then takes me back to the main menu.
    The Civil War Campaign is unavible at this time. (Unless you have Warpath)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
    Hi Shokh,

an important question: is the mirror 3 a substitute of mirror 1/2 or an addition?
    You need 1 time the main pack and one time the music pack, from with mirror you load it is up to you.

hey i was just wondering if it was possible for me to get rid of the smoke effects on the mod and take the flags back to their original size? The smoke effects really lag my game they look great though. Love the new musket sounds.

I have Pack file manager if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Perhaps you could try uploading the files (especially the first one) on Mediafire.com or filefront?
    Both are limited to 200MB.
    There will be new Mirrors, but not today.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Both are limited to 200MB.
    There will be new Mirrors, but not today.
    Ah, that explains it! I'm sorry if you've already mentioned that before.