Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: [ACW] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

And if we give out big patches to download, people also complain.

Icon9 Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
    Hi Shokh,

I thank you very much for your suggestions, but unfortunately there is nothing to do. There's something prevents the beginning of the campaigh. I can launch the program, but nothing more; the game always crashes. I hope the future patch 3.2 replaces the previous one.
    The skirmish is ok.
    I don't have Warpath I can only play RTI 3.
    I don't know what to do more

Guys I need help.

I played the ACW Mod 3.0 a while back and it was running good. until one time when i started it up, i tried to play a battle, and when i started the battle it would go to the loading screen, play the music, the music would pause, and I would CTD, giving me the error message that "ETW was not responding" etc.

Since I use steam i verified the integrity of the game cache, and uninstalled ACW. I reinstalled ACW along with the 3.1 patch, and I still get the same CTD problem.

Can anyone help me out on this?!

Update: It is only campaign. RTI one. Regular custom battles still work.

Also another thing: Is this an error on my part? or is there still no bayonets implemented? Can you answer these questions for me? thanks

Edit: merged double-post; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 20, 2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: doubleposting

3.1 solved by CTD and AI lack of aggressiveness issues.

The first several battles have been superb!

Huge thanks to the entire ACW team for making such a great mod! I'm really enjoying it.

works now but generals recruitment is not there for me

i did get it to work i thank its a steam thing and if thats so the it really needs to be fixed it annoying

it seams like i can recruit generals on easy but not normal

it may not be that it seem to crash ever 1st or 2nd move after union declares war on me and for some reason when i reopen it it plays fine after that point but i cant recruit generals -sorry for all the posts

yess thats it after thay declare war on my i can not recruit generals any more but if thay do not i can

EDIT: Merged five posts in a row... now that must be some kind of a record... pleased, don't ever do that again MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 20, 2012 at 05:16 AM.

Hy Savathor,

I did what you suggested and now the game WORKS!!! I thank you again very much. Without your help, I'd have never been able to solve that problem.

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

can I ask one question. is the skirmishers in game yet?

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by baz44331 View Post
    can I ask one question. is the skirmishers in game yet?
    yes and no

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

seen there is no sharp shooters and no skirmishers. when will they be back in?
    Last edited by baz44331; May 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM.

Can't seem to find technology... any ideas?

Also, where's the log for CTDs on launch?

Every link I use to get the download either won't allow me to download for supposed "traffic limit" or only get out 1.0 percent before it stops. Really annoying.
    History of War Podcast

Episode 3: History of the Infantry

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Having Problems getting this mod to work.

I had DMUC installed and found out ACW would not work with other mods installed so I uninstalled DMUC.
    from the ETW directory.

I verified the intergraty of the ETW files via stream

I then installed ACW 3.0 and the ACW music pack

Then I installed Patch 3.1

I started the launcher and selected Warpath campaign since I have warpath

I also check to see if there were any nonvanilla files that needed to be removed from the ETW directory and there were none.

I selected US

The launcher took me to the Civil War screen and options.

I selected Civil War Campaign and then the Short version

Hit start campaign and the program Crashed to desktop

Anyone who has an idea of what is going on or suggestions on how to get this program running will be appreciated.
    This really should be in the technical help section, but that won't stop me from helping you.
    You need to start steam before you start the launcher, if you let the launcher start steam and then the game, it will crash when you try and enter a custom battle or campaign. If you happen to do this, just restart the computer and run staem first, before the launcher.

EDIT: moved to the Technical Help Sub-forum; great prediction Mick MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 21, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

"Where in hell is the rear?" -George Armstrong Custer, 1864

I'm confused, I have have the original ETW DVD from years ago, do I still need steam to be loaded and running?

Semisalis

Started for me after a clean install, but the campaign selection screen was bugged. It CTD's now.

I've downloaded 3.1, and here are a few things I've noticed:

-The diplomacy is much better than it was, which is great
    -In CS campaign, the Union seems to be recruiting vanilla generals
    -If a Union army is led by a vanilla general, they use vanilla tactics; charging straight into the guns, even cavalry, which leads to a slaughter
    -After I fight a battle, the game crashes afterwards; if I attacked, it crashes when I press end-turn, and if I'm defending, it crashes before the beginning of the next turn
    Also, I was wondering, when will navies become part of the game again, and when will we see the tech tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Npbsurfr View Post
    I'm confused, I have have the original ETW DVD from years ago, do I still need steam to be loaded and running?
    The original game is installed, updated and run only if you have Steam running. There is no need to be on line (except to receive updates) but Steam must be running.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    Tried that and still didn't work. Heck my ETW wouldn't work after installing ACW. Had to remove ACW and completely reinstall ETW via stream to get ETW working again. And reinstalling ETW via stream takes a few hours even if you have the disk.
    It seems that you had the Steam CTD. If you get a CTD becuase you didn't start Steam manually then you have to reboot, else neither vanilla will work any more. This is a Steam silly either anti pirate system or a stability addition.

Spent a few minutes in Tech sub forum there are several useful tips even for reinstalling the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry Commander View Post

That is very weird because generals are disabled by 2 ways: scripting and db agent_spawnings table...
    Last edited by husserlTW; May 21, 2012 at 06:54 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rebel View Post
    Hy Savathor,

I did what you suggested and now the game WORKS!!! I thank you again very much. Without your help, I'd have never been able to solve that problem.

You're very welcome, glad I could help .

On another note, I've been playing 3.1 campaign a little while now... like some others have said before me, when playing CSA, the Union computer seem to be recruiting vanilla generals still . Also, Mexico and a lot of other small countries in America keep declaring war on me (but maybe you haven't fixed this yet?). It's not that big of a deal, but it kinda ruins the mood ^^

Other than that things seem to be in shape for now.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Which is the name of this song?
    (click on "play" button)

http://ge.tt/2ezpVyH/v/0

Quote Originally Posted by Infantry Commander View Post

-The diplomacy is much better than it was, which is great
    -If a Union army is led by a vanilla general, they use vanilla tactics; charging straight into the guns, even cavalry, which leads to a slaughter
    -After I fight a battle, the game crashes afterwards; if I attacked, it crashes when I press end-turn, and if I'm defending, it crashes before the beginning of the next turn
    Also, I was wondering, when will navies become part of the game again, and when will we see the tech tree?

I have these exact same problems.

You posted something about a performance boost for the next update. have you included the performance boost in update 3.1? (sorry i have always had trouble with computer performance)