Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Horde = Bankrupt

Default Golden Horde = Bankrupt

How in heaven i am suppose to maintain my economy with the Mongols if they drain like 40k per turn because of the massive armies you start with.

Default Re: Golden Horde = Bankrupt

Go on a massive conquest spree and over the next 200 turns get yourself out of debt. Easier is to disband most of your armies and try to conquer like the Mongols usually did... vastly outnumbered but with better strategy and armies.

I'm playing a Mongol Campaign right now, and here's what I did.

First off, destroy Kwharezmians. (After conquering their initial first few towns, I ditch the Trebuchets.)
    After they are all said and done, I take each and every army and bulldoze my way to Egypt and the Crusader States. (Avoiding the Turks if possible.)
    To save money, I disbanded the majority of my melee cavalry keeping only Horse Archers, and just enough infantry to run a ladder or two and ram.

When ever a large army was closing in on mine, I took all the horse archers and left my main army and skirmished their army. If I ran out of ammo before their army routed, I simply withdrew the forces, and attacked again with full ammo.

When I finally make it to Jerusalem and start conquering those cities is usually right when I get more Mongol reinforcements at my capital. Two generals I believe they give you. With them, I disband the siege equipment and send them north to conquer the Cumans, who might I add, offer no challenge to those two armies you receive.

If done right, you will have destroyed Egypt, Crusader States, Kwharezmians, and the majority of the Cumans. You'll have debt, but that's unavoidable. Once your conquering is done, you disband all your elites, (It hurts I know) then give it a few turns and you'll be rounding 0 Florins. But hey, it's better than -1000000 Florins.

I was attacked once or twice by the Turks, but I kept a diplomat or two close by their cities to make an attempt a ceasefire with them. In my experience, the Turks will be your biggest problem which is why I conquer all the lands around them. That way once my economy is healthy, I can surround them.

If they're being stubborn with the ceasefire, just send horse archers to destroy some of their armies and they'll compromise with you.

Always remember the key to winning battles with the Mongols and taking minimal casualties is to leave the army behind, and send only the horse archers in. When they run out of ammo, make sure they're near the border, and hit the withdraw button. Once your back at the campaign screen, just attack with them again until the enemy army is non-existent.

Hope I helped.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I usually give myself +20000 income per turn using the console.

Look, you own most of Asia, so.

Witchsmeller's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    Look, you own most of Asia, so.
    Exactly my thought!
    I think that the Mongols should be given an enormous King's Purse (something like 50k) because they had already conquered northern China and the rich trade cities of central Asia.

I'm looking to play Mongols sometimes soon but since I never have, my educated guess on a strategy would be like Bringer of Storms said: bulldoze your way west, sack, pillage and loot along the way, stop for nothing. You didn't mention anything about your own strategy but static economy is not what made the Mongols, it was the unstoppable whirlwind that collapsed everything in their way. I would take the armies you start with and quickly pop everything in your path!

well i play them now and i cheatsome money too but only for repair destroyed walls and build basic tengris buildings but i agree with Witchsmeller- they should get some money script for reason which he wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer Of Storms View Post
    I'm playing a Mongol Campaign right now, and here's what I did.

First off, destroy Kwharezmians. (After conquering their initial first few towns, I ditch the Trebuchets.)
    After they are all said and done, I take each and every army and bulldoze my way to Egypt and the Crusader States. (Avoiding the Turks if possible.)
    To save money, I disbanded the majority of my melee cavalry keeping only Horse Archers, and just enough infantry to run a ladder or two and ram.

When ever a large army was closing in on mine, I took all the horse archers and left my main army and skirmished their army. If I ran out of ammo before their army routed, I simply withdrew the forces, and attacked again with full ammo.

When I finally make it to Jerusalem and start conquering those cities is usually right when I get more Mongol reinforcements at my capital. Two generals I believe they give you. With them, I disband the siege equipment and send them north to conquer the Cumans, who might I add, offer no challenge to those two armies you receive.

If done right, you will have destroyed Egypt, Crusader States, Kwharezmians, and the majority of the Cumans. You'll have debt, but that's unavoidable. Once your conquering is done, you disband all your elites, (It hurts I know) then give it a few turns and you'll be rounding 0 Florins. But hey, it's better than -1000000 Florins.

I was attacked once or twice by the Turks, but I kept a diplomat or two close by their cities to make an attempt a ceasefire with them. In my experience, the Turks will be your biggest problem which is why I conquer all the lands around them. That way once my economy is healthy, I can surround them.

If they're being stubborn with the ceasefire, just send horse archers to destroy some of their armies and they'll compromise with you.

Always remember the key to winning battles with the Mongols and taking minimal casualties is to leave the army behind, and send only the horse archers in. When they run out of ammo, make sure they're near the border, and hit the withdraw button. Once your back at the campaign screen, just attack with them again until the enemy army is non-existent.

Hope I helped.
    In fact, when we conquer new cities, there is no money to repair or build some necessary buildings to avoid the rebels. Money keeps going negatively!

Using the console is cheating, but to be fair it is reasonable in this case

Paragon's Avatar Senator

But did the Golden Horde, one of the four parts of the Mongol Empire after Genghis' death, really get money from China?
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But did the Golden Horde, one of the four parts of the Mongol Empire after Genghis' death, really get money from China?
    True

I Started all over again what i did was capture all cities as fast as i could once you have like 20+ regions and disband all your elites units you start making income the key is speed .

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Lor'themar the Great View Post
    True

I Started all over again what i did was capture all cities as fast as i could once you have like 20+ regions and disband all your elites units you start making income the key is speed .
    Truly? You made it? Congratulation!

May I ask:

1) how negative money you have at the point you have 20 regions, than disband all elite troops and start to have income.

2) Can you share the strategies? Which factions you attack or something else to help us...

I tried several times with Golden Horde but could not make it, perhaps i was not fast enough and went in wrong strategies.

Thank for your advices

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    Truly? You made it? Congratulation!

May I ask:

1) how negative money you have at the point you have 20 regions, than disband all elite troops and start to have income.

2) Can you share the strategies? Which factions you attack or something else to help us...

I tried several times with Golden Horde but could not make it, perhaps i was not fast enough and went in wrong strategies.

Thank for your advices
    I would assume Russia would be a bad start, since those vast steppes really slow you down in conquering cities
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrda78 View Post
    Well maybe if there was a thread instructing people on how to mod there would be more modders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder44 View Post
    I would assume Russia would be a bad start, since those vast steppes really slow you down in conquering cities
    Yes, I guess you are correct, I dont think head to the north to conquer the Cuman and Rus is good.

In fact, their lands are to wide. Attacking them will slow down our plan. But when attacking the Turks, it is not easy at all.

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Have you considered an executive name change to something more reasonable, like the lead horde? Tin, perhaps?

Leather should be within your budgetary range I think.

Failing that you could just go on a rampage and sack everything you can get your hands on. Maim kill burn, right?

I personally think the Golden Horde should get a pretty big king's purse. The late era starts with Genghis Khan still a live so the Mongol empire was not not yet divided, and even after his death and the empire was divided into appanages, they were still united under a Khan. Within their appanage system, goods and wealth was still pretty well distributed. It was also common for each appanage, like the Golden Horde, to also collected revenue from areas in other appanage. So it's very likely the Golden Horde received some kind of income from China and later from Persia. Technically, this system lasts throughout the entire reign of the empire and later, but if the modders didn't want the bonus to last the entire game, maybe they could throw in an event marking the Mongol civil war (where the system took a hit) and the lower the king's purse there. Just my ideas and thoughts on the matter.

it could work, but instead it could make a passive game, as in conquer them all, before this "event" of lowering the king's purse, conquer like the kwarez then disband everything and keep a small army around, but you still get the massive income from king's purse, allowing you to play a passive game

nothing wrong with that, but kills the purpose of a "horde" invasion

Whenever I play the Mongols I just aim to sack/exterminate every city I come across and leave it to rebel, seeing how far west I can make it with my initial armies.

i just disband from the start some armies, before i finish kwarezmians i leave myself just 2 armies and when i finish them off, in 10-20 turns i'm in positive and playing like with any other kingdom. after kwarezmians i actually don't rush to attack others, but build up the cities a bit, never go for cumans, for me it looks to expensive

I got down to -600.000 and run out of troops than i had to move 25 turns with almost none units defending and huge empire to darkyabir, Kutaisi and serkel. i agree to became vasal of russia and turkey (actually alies) which made me lost only 2 provinces Marom,Tutmaruken . After i earn 100.000 and build some economy i started to retrain troops and start war again. I was thinking about console add_money every round but survive without.
    Last edited by fate; November 26, 2022 at 10:57 AM. Reason: error

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast