Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Falcom Total War III : Download

Domesticus

Default Re: Falcom Total War III : Download

What do you mean by an unmodded Data folder? This mod is mod folder'd right? I certainly hope it is, because it sounds mighty awesome....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    What do you mean by an unmodded Data folder? This mod is mod folder'd right? I certainly hope it is, because it sounds mighty awesome....
    It is... he means that you do not have a mod installed that modified the original data folder of the game (a not foldered one)... Falcom III is folder-moded... so no worries, install and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Hi falcom4ever,

I have a ctd. Can you help? See log file in the attachment.

Thank you.

Greets

marc
    I do not have computer for 2 weeks. But ctd I believe you just have to reload and continue to play.

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireTotalwar View Post
    NiceMod falcom, could you tell me what historic events will occur and when? e.g. gunpowder etc wont ever start in this game will it? or the ships with which i can direct sail to america not forced up the north or events like spain invading in america do these events happen?
    greez
    Once you can build caravell or big ships you can go directly straight. There are events like Denmark colonizing Iceland if still undiacoveres. Similar events for Spain and Portugal. There is an event that if Portuguese get to Asia after gunpowder Japan can get arquebuses, otherwise they have to wait a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by tianzong View Post
    Ermmm..., i don't know how to say this but i think the mod is ok but i really don't like the chinese units. I mean they look like mongols. If i can give you a tip, would you place "borrow" the units from conquest total war? It would shurely make a great addition to the game. you could ofcourse mix them if you like. For the rest i get frequent CTD's even BEFORE the twentiest turn. Do you know what is going on?
    I dont like Eras mod chinese unit. They come from 3 kingdoms a rome tw mod. There are 1400years of difference between this units and medieval period. And mogols copied a lot of chinese technology including the lamellar armors.

The patch seems to make my game CTD when I load... I have been able to play it without the patch but the patch does crash my game... The problem is.. I want to play as Japan... What are the 'minor' changes that you have made to the faction... is it still playable without the patch? should i continue trying the patch? maybe from a different website (rapidshare files seem to be lacking or somewhat corrupt)

BTW- SWEET mod... been waiting for a logical world map.. you seem to have done the closest thing to one. I like how it is kind of broad, I think the problem would be to put too much detail into one continent then the other lack ect... anyways thx for your help.

Hello

Weird that you get ctd with the patch. It does not change much.

Zimbabwe get new building and priest

Japan has less units at the startup.

Ahh less units at setup = more cash money... Good for the player.. I can easily just dismiss or launch a quick invasion to get rid of them.. Thx for the info.. Let shogun total conquest begin!

I love this mod! Playing as Japan and loving it!

EDIT: By the way, I just wanted to say that I love your choice of Vangelis's "Conquest of Paradise" for the menu music. I couldn't think of a better track by which to contemplate ancient cultures and conquests of old.
    Last edited by Gabrius; June 07, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

I too started a Japan campaign. I immediately invaded and wiped out the rebels on Hokkaido. I got the feeling that the piecing together of some of these failed mods have left the total sum a bit anachronistic. I'm pretty sure my katana and yumi units we armed with 15-16th century technology. I also noticed I had a European general too.
    I understand why it is such since you integrated much of the Shizoku failed mod. So I wouldn't call it bad, some of the inconsistencies merely felt a little "weird". ;-)

What is your intention, Falcom? Do you plan to clean up some of these little things as time allows, or change/add more factions?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I see they are actually tachi units rather than katana. So there is some early vs. late period controls in place for all factions? Also it seems not all factions are available in custom MP battles, correct?

P.S. - Thanks for including historical battles and battle editor by default.

P.P.S - Dang it! I can't load the battle editor...
    Last edited by Risasi; June 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM.

Domesticus

I dont think there will be new factions, but I gotta ask, what size is the mod download?

It's about 800MB. I had problems downloading last week but got it yesterday without too much trouble from moddb

And to add to my previous post; this mod definitely has my attention. Mostly for MP gaming. My friends and I play hotseat, but like to fight out the battles sometimes. Because of this I would really like to see more MP maps, and/or the ability to create historical battles, but the map in battle editor is the vanilla M2 map. Still, that is polish work. The was a huge endeavor to accomplish as is. Bravo.

Also, this mod is just begging for someone to create at least a couple dozen Historical battles from all over the globe.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Also, this mod is just begging for someone to create at least a couple dozen Historical battles from all over the globe.
    yes some historical battles over the globe would be nice sometime in the future, but definitely NOT soon, it shouldn't be a priority.
    IMO more important are to polish up factions and the map, fix small stuff, bugs, add/change units of some new factions. the europe map should be improved IMO, italy is a bit too squished, sardinia definitely should be bigger, and i might make some suggestions soon for Tara Romaneasca region, i have to do some research how is best to represent the regions there with only 1 region Tara Romaneasca.
    Just SUGGESTIONS, please don't throw stones at me!

Is this a stand alone? I point the installer into the mods folder but there is no falcom folder, only a data.

destination folder looks like this

C:\Total War\Medieval II Total War\mods\falcomtw3
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

double_r111's Avatar Laetus

I think I have run into the same problem as CannabisMaximus trying to use the patch. It isn't rapidshare, as I used modb and it still won't work. I was more interested in The Great Zimbabwe myself, and it seems like Zimbabwe got more important additions from the patch. Has anyone else had the game crash due to the patch?

Also just wanted to mention that it doesn't crash until I've chosen a faction, and it crashes for all factions, not just those 2. I'm not a modder, so I don't know if that's important to know, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Apparently Im the only one with this issue of installing. I have the steam version, a clean unmodded M2TW game. I point the installer to the correct mods folder next to the other kingdoms mods. I use the kindoms launcher app to add the mod into the launcher and I always get a crash on loading. None of the other mods of base game have an issue and work fine

try using a different download
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

I have the game on steam. I installed everything to the correct path, but when i start up the launcher for adding mods, the falcom mod isnt in the list. just the set you start with. please help, this mod looks amazing.

New version released !

first download link sends me to 1.3

This is 1.4

http://www.moddb.com/mods/falcom-tot...otal-war-3-v14

Downloading!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."