Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ITW 1.5: bugs, mistakes, suggestions

Default Re: ITW 1.5: bugs, mistakes, suggestions

Hi, i am new in this,but i would like to congratulate all the team that made Iberian,this game more fun then the original,well...in my opinion.I have a problem when i play,the game crashes many times and i have to "save him" all the time can you help me solve my problem?I canīt play barbarian inv. too,it is normal?Can i have two versions of ROME in my computer,the normal and yours?P.S.-I have instaled Iberian but i donīt know if we have to regist it,or something like that like i said iīm new in this and i dont know how to do everything well,but itīs realy a very good game.

Legionario's Avatar Semisalis

You can have as many versions of RTW,on your PC as you wish,even at different patch stages;
    the trick is,make a clean install,and patch it up to the step you wish,then copy/paste (or burn on a CD) the Rome Total War main folder(with all its game subfolders,as per installation) in another spot,now simply make a link to the new executable (RTW.exe or BI.exe) and you have another clone of the game ;-)
    E fra chi lo ascoltō,alcuni erano buoni
    molti erano malvagi,
    e molti non erano niente,
    come tutti gli uomini...in qualsiasi luogo....

Thankīs for the tip "LEGIONARIO", it was a great help to me....ROMA VICTOR
    HOMO HOMINIS LUPUS

Hey I'm curious, how stable is ITW now? Is it playable through a full campaign? Great idea, I love the concept and would like to try it out.

We are avance very good. We have 90% mod finished yet, if you wait any weeks, you will can play ITW final mod, with great changes, no CTDs, and etc...

If you can read spanish, visit http://iberia.sytes.net

I've been making my way through all the top RTW mods and tried out ITW last night. I'm very impressed, this is a fantastic piece of work. You've selected a great time period to play in, your map is just beautiful, your new units look great and give each faction a unique flavor, and you've put in enough historical details to really bring the world to life. The new sound effects are also great and make the battles even more exciting. The mod also seems very stable, I played for about 4 hours straight with many battles and didn't have a single CTD.

A couple of odd things:

-- The Senate faction in the upper right corner of the map is very odd. If you need to give them a physical region for some reason, make it tiny, surround it by mountains, and don't give them any troops. Personally I'd prefer that the Senate be removed altogether, just let the Roman player be free!

-- I played as the Celtic tribe in the NW corner of Iberia and my missle troops -- both slingers and especially javelin troops -- were incredibly powerful. I was routing entire enemy armies just by showering them with javelins. In one battle I slaughtered 600 enemy and lost only 30 of my own men, because my javelins (Wolf Warriors) just shredded them as they were approaching. I really think the power of these missile weapons should be reduced. In particulare, the rate of fire for the javelins is too fast, they're like machine guns!

All in all, this is really beautiful work. If you could tone down the missile troops, I think I'll be playing this one for months to come.
    Last edited by cherryfunk; October 14, 2006 at 10:34 AM.

It's nice to read something like that when this is not a very popular mod. (bad marketing?, lack of "exotic" units?...
    I would say lack of marketing -- I didn't even hear of it from anyone else, just happened to see the title on the mod list and since I love the Punic Wars period I thought I'd give it a shot. I was amazed at the quality of this mod, you really should be getting more attention.

Is there any word on when the update will come out? I really want to play a full campaign but prefer to wait for fixes, especially to the power of the missile units and any of the campaign scripting you might be fixing.

We need 2 or 3 weeks most. Final Version will be a great change and very especial. NEw battle-realis system, complet sounds system, skills, details etc...

Thanks u for you commentary, it animates to us in our job

2 or 3 weeks, I guess I can wait if I have to! Really can't wait to play this in depth.

A couple of other comments:

-- I noticed that a rebel fleet had the old-style ship graphic, not the new one. Also personally, I dislike the new ship, it seems too big for me. I'd prefer the old vanilla one. Not that big an issue obviously.

-- I'd love to have a variant where there is no Senate and you can play the Roman faction and just go to war with the italic socii right from the start.

Hi,guys iīplayed ITW A LOT and i love it,it is a great job(i whish i could do agame like this),but...can i make some sugestions?Iīm portuguese and LUSITANIAN and i play a lot with them,the lusitanian highlanders have a strange weapon and i dont like it very much,you could make a weapon like a kind of half arpoon,something like the film Moby Dick but larger,half spear,it goes with lusitanians culture,another thing is the name of "Sun Worshipers",for the lusitanians(as far as i know),didnīt worship a lot the sun,the major Gods were Sucellos and Endonvelico(the king of Gods) and the name could be Sucellos priests,or Sucellos worshipers.Finaly the name of hilman,it could be the word "montanheses" thatīs the word for hillman in portuguese, as it goes for some german units,what do you think of this?It is a great job and more people should enjoy it."Iīm waithing for more news whith crepitation".
    HOMO HOMINIS LUPUS

Hi

For final version, Lusitanian faction is diferent, it have names in native lenguage (lusitanian + celtiberian) and units are historical accuracy. You soon can have it. We need most weeks, it is lot of job but we avanced good.

For final version, you will have 20 factions and rebels in ITW

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

This release is highly anticipated, man!
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

I have a problem with I:TW. I completed installation without any problems, i run game. In menu i choose "single player", then Imperial Campaign. and suddenly game shows me: "Please select an item from list". Same thing in provincial campaign.
    another problem in custom battle. I choose map, naitons, units, i click 'start battle' and i'm back in units menu.the battle won't load.

But historic battles are workig without any problems. mod is absolutely fantastic, and i'm so angry that i can't play it.
    What's wrong?
    Last edited by dzialo; November 08, 2006 at 06:17 AM.

Hello,
    I've just downloaded and installed your mod 1.5 (which look great) but I am having major crash problems. When playing as Carthage in 'Imperial Campaign', settings 'v.hard, v.hard', unit size 'huge' the game just crashes and exits to windows. Unlike crashes I have experienced in other mods or unmodded game it does'nt happen at end of turn but mid turn. I have started a new campaign (still imperial, carthage, settings as above) a couple of times but it does it every time after approx 6 turns.

Can you help as I would love to play this mod?
    Thanks

Hi

Iberia total War beta was for look errors. We will finish soon final mod. We need a few more of time guys, and you will play a ITW completed and nothing errors.

Thats good news; I look forward to playing your excellent mod. If it is any help I have had the same crash playing the Imperial Campaign as Rome on the same settings.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

I was playing a custom battle and I like your units a lot but, I want to know if i could easily mod the music back to vanilla. Because in battle there is no music whatsoever just weird latin? voices. These voices are unnecesary because the units themselves already give orders and the background voices sound different and it is just wierd.
    Blut und Boden

I love ITW but i do not like the sounds in battle(Batalla)
    anyway this would be changed in the gold edition

Busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    I was playing a custom battle and I like your units a lot but, I want to know if i could easily mod the music back to vanilla. Because in battle there is no music whatsoever just weird latin? voices. These voices are unnecesary because the units themselves already give orders and the background voices sound different and it is just wierd.
    A simple method to revert to the original RTW sound system could be copying all the descr_sound* and export_descr_sound* text files from the Data folder of a vanilla (unmoded) copy of RTW.

To revert only the background music in battles would be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    I love ITW but i do not like the sounds in battle(Batalla)
    anyway this would be changed in the gold edition
    The problem is how to implement different custom installations of the sound system. The simplest way is a switcher RTW-system/ITW-system, but we would like to find some compromise for people like Aetius that prefer to keep background music, together with the battle sounds of ITW.
    Last edited by Monkwarrior; April 30, 2007 at 06:27 AM.

I guess Aetius and Turk donīt like all battle sound system too, because music battle from Vanilla has changed in ITW sounds system to other things like voices (orders); sounds of marching; warcries; sounds from cornns, flutes, tuba; times of silence, etc...
    Anywhere if you change the file descr_sounds_music to original RTW file, you could hear original Vanilla backgrounds in campaings and battles (and not supervoices (told by Turk), and you can enjoy from other advantages of ITW sound system: Stronger nature sounds, marching Vanilla sounds, charge sounds, new speech (in ancient language) and new descripting voice for each new unit.

The team thought music in the battle wasnīt realistic. Music in battles only appears in battles of Hollywood films.

But for people who dislike this ITW sounds battle system will be a switcher for to come back to Vanilla system sounds. Maybe it could be a third switcher:
    1. All Vanilla system sounds (for battles and campaings)
    2. Middle ITW system sounds ( battle music from Vanilla; no supervoices, orders, sounds of marching, warcries, sounds from corns, tubes, etc). It only depend on file descr_sounds_music.
    3. Complete ITW system sounds (the most realistic, without music in the battles).

Monkwarrior and Idibil have the word (popular sentence in Spain, hehe)
    Last edited by Asdrubal_Barca; May 03, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast