Thread: Creating a World - Editable Settlement Faction Symbols

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Creating a World - Editable Settlement Faction Symbols

This is simply a set of faction symbols in 4 different sizes.

Instructions:

• Open symbol in Milkshape
    • Change the faction name in the models comment (#banner_symbol_[faction name])
    • Save as symbol_[faction name]
    • Convert to CAS with the included converter (requires Python, preferably version 2.6.6)

• Use the included texture template for the graphics, save as #banner_symbol_[faction name]
    • Change the 'symbol' and 'rebel_symbol' entry in descr_sm_factions to match your new CAS's name

Remarks:

• It is recommended to use a larger then default size TGA file for the texture when using the larger symbols to avoid pixelation.
    • To avoid the 'frills' of the vanilla flag, do not use texture below the 110 coordinates of the graphic. Using the remaining space fully will still result in a square display.
    • As you have unlimited symbols now at your disposal you may want to think about giving each faction their own rebel symbol as well (implemented in 1648).

Sample:

Texture:

Download Link

Last edited by Gigantus; June 30, 2017 at 07:05 AM. Reason: media updated

juve80's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Creating a World - Editable Settlement Faction Symbols

Thank you very much forward

Thanks man, I had searched all over for this. It's great that I can now not only change the settlement flags, but also their size =)A hint for 3D-newbies like me: in Milkshape, make sure you change the MODEL COMMENT and not the GROUP COMMENT (switch to the right tab!). And you can just delete the "tails" of the flag if you don't wanna use them anyway, it works fine.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Can this be used to switch a factions symbol mid campaign? Say for example England has the Plantagenet coat of arms, but after 100 turns it switches to the new historical royal house arms, without the need to use extra faction slots?
    Last edited by Zantorian; September 02, 2018 at 09:26 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I am afraid not. That is still done via script and requires a spare faction. This simply enables 'unlimited' settlement symbols, before this modders were restricted by the number of default CAS files available.