Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

@holden588

1. you have to follow this installation instructions (link is here)
    2. then you have to login to the Steam before you start the launcher
    3. then you choose campaign map you want to use by Campaigns button (remember that you can play Warpath based ACW mod only if you own Warpath DLC)
    4. choose the side you want to play
    5. enjoy

if you experience any problems whatsoever, please post them in their respective threads...

ok when i try to launch the gae its says "the program cannot start because steam_api.dll is missing from yourr computer " what do i do??

How did you even get that far,i try everything and still wont work,did you instal older version first or did you get new one and instal it,please help if you can,tnx

try downloading the one from gamefront i had the same promblems and thats how i got there http://modding.civilwarcommand.net/acw/download/ thats what i did

Husser ok im have tried eberything with 3.4 im just wondering cs=an you still download previous versions of the mod if soooo is there a link to it or what??

EDIT: posts merged; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; July 21, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: merging posts

hey there the uninstall button won't work, can i just delete the ACW folder inside steamapps ? i haven't added any additional mods/files anyway

Try windows uninstall.

^yup tried that but the uninstall isn't working. i also searched the folder of ACW and i don't see any uninstall app here too ?

Then install again and after that try to uninstall it. You have to have restore vanilla before uninstall ACW.

If you still cannot uninstall it, delete it manually (there are not any registry entries for ACW). To do that, delete every folder contains ACW and every pack in data that starts with bg_ (if any).

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Then install again and after that try to uninstall it. You have to have restore vanilla before uninstall ACW.

If you still cannot uninstall it, delete it manually (there are not any registry entries for ACW). To do that, delete every folder contains ACW and every pack in data that starts with bg_ (if any).
    ok i'll do that, thank you !

Just wondering if there is a link to the new launcher with the Steam Ships enabled

Thanks guys, great work

Push on, brave York volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Just wondering if there is a link to the new launcher with the Steam Ships enabled

Thanks guys, great work
    It will be after Master completes the mod.

After you close the mod and select vanilla for the restore mode are the files in the nonvanilla folder supposed to automatically switch back to the data folder?

No because they are not vanilla. You have to move them back manually.

Hello Gang,
    New to these forums but been a long time TW player.
    Have most of Darths Mods for Napoleon and Empire.

But have a unique problem that I haven't seen discussed.
    Can get Warpath Campaign to load either CSA/USA
    but no units anywhere for either side. Followed the
    default install and had no issues. Where are the Armies
    hiding..

Grew up in the South and the Civil War is a way of
    life down their. Am looking forward to getting this
    mod operational.

DamnYankee is one word where I grew up...

Thx for any help

No Prisoners

Hey there,

you have no army at startup, simply because the mod starts just before the war and you need to built some barracks to get those southern heroes

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by PrussianGuard View Post
    Hey there,

you have no army at startup, simply because the mod starts just before the war and you need to built some barracks to get those southern heroes

Regards
    Thx Mate,
    Never thought to look at the start date, I'll get right on that Recruitment thing...

No Prisoners

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hill View Post
    Thx Mate,
    Never thought to look at the start date, I'll get right on that Recruitment thing...

No Prisoners
    You're welcome, enjoy the mod and keep asking

hey guys

Obligitory I cant get the mod to work post

I have warpath and vanilla works:

.33333333ACW 3.X log - 09/08/2012
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: Microsoft, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: Windows 7 x 64 - Ultimate Edition, Version: 6, Build Number: 7600
    Memory: Total: 8103 Available: 5309
    Display: 1920 x 1080 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    ACW path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW
    Current Campaign: Warpath
    Steam Status: On
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:

Actions:
    * 19:12:55 -> Mod started
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:55 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:56 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 19:12:56 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 19:12:56 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:56 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:56 -> bg_us_wpath.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs.
    * 19:12:56 -> bg_cs_txt.pack present in data.
    * 19:12:56 -> bg_us_txt.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs.
    * 19:12:56 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 19:12:56 -> User script current commands:
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 19:12:56 -> User script end.
    * 19:12:56 -> Launching procedure completed.
    * 19:12:56 -> ==========================================
    Final Files in Data:

* 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_art.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_boot.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_core.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_cs_txt.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_db.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_models.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_movie.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_music.pack
    * 19:12:56 -> ==========================================

* 19:12:58 -> Empire started succesfully
    * 19:13:02 -> ACW mod is closing.
    * 19:13:02 -> Restore vanilla selected on close.
    * 19:13:02 -> Remove ACW mod files data.
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaign_maps moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\nonvanilla moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\ui moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_art.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_boot.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_camp_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_core.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_cs_txt.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_db.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_models.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_movie.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\bg_music.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\ACW\Packs
    * 19:13:02 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 19:13:02 -> User's user script restored
    * 19:13:52 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.
    * 19:13:52 -> ACW user script deleted
    * 19:13:52 -> User's user script restored
    * 19:13:52 -> ACW launcher closed.
    End of log report.

Default Staying vanilla -> moved to Installation&Launcher by MM

The factions are staying vanilla. I have deleted the script files, downloaded them, I have launched, relaunched. Should there be entries in the user.acw_script.txt file, because there is not. It is blank.

Thank you.