Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Default Re: [Version 3] Installation & Launcher

Nevermind about the problem with the zip files, I was using winRAR.

Still don't see any instructions about uninstalling any versons pre-3.xx. Any help?

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Synjin View Post
    Nevermind about the problem with the zip files, I was using winRAR.

Still don't see any instructions about uninstalling any versons pre-3.xx. Any help?
    you simply uninstall 2.6 version using uninstall feature in Start>Programs or you use Windows uninstall feature from Control Panel or you can use custom uninstall programs... if you use the last be careful not to wipe to much off your machine

after that verify your Empire via Steam... you just do this:

HOW TO VERIFY (VALIDATE) YOUR EMPIRE: TOTAL WAR FILES WITH STEAM:

A lot of people ask, so here you go:

In Steam, Right Click the game's shortcut and select Properties, on the Properties window, click the LOCAL FILES tab and see below:

hip63

Whenever I try to download the first file, it get near the end, and says that the download was inturrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
    Whenever I try to download the first file, it get near the end, and says that the download was inturrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth
    Now guys, there is no need to get so excited about problems with this mod install... However, if most people are able to install the mod without any problem, then, those of you that do have some problems are, sorry to say that, having issues with one of the two:

1) system configuration
    2) computer knowledge

Now, there isn't much we can actually do about any of that, but some guidelines can be given (although they are in no way a guarantee of successful installation):

1) always use 7zip to extract files
    2) if using Firefox Web Browser > in no way (and I really mean it) do anything else (browsing the net, installations, etc) while the files are downloading... even if you do use other Web Browswers, restrain yourself for the time the files are downloading
    3) be sure to have right authorities on your system; Windows7 & Vista could have UAC problem (here's how you disable it)
    4) always use Run as Administrator button (right click on the setup.exe > Run as Administrator)
    5) do not do other activities during installation
    6) do not run any maintenance software during installation

now, this is all widely known know-how in modding community. these few simple rules apply to almost all games (and all engines of TW I am familiar with). following them could do a great deal for you to ensure good and playable mod.

there is always a problem of having a lack of computer knowledge. in that case, go to the Installation & Launcher Thread in the forums main page and follow the instructions to the letter. Read them carefully, we have invested a lot of time to make them understandable to most of people. If you have a problem understanding english, ask someone to help you out...

if this doesn't help, please use the torrent download... it will take a longer to download but it should be ok...

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    The reason I insist is not that I want to protect my reputation or anything of the like. I want just to redirect you in thinking what possibly you did -perhaps accidentally-, so it won't happened again in the future. I know very well what it is to reinstall Empire...
    Yeah, it's not a fun experience. I retraced my steps through everything I did before and after I uninstalled ACW, and I still can't figure out what happened to cause Empire to be uninstalled. I have reinstalled Empire, however, so I'm not bothered anymore by what happened. I would like to find out what exactly caused the uninstallation, though

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    if this doesn't help, please use the torrent download... it will take a longer to download but it should be ok...
    I already know that the other two will not finish. They get about 90% loaded and then quit. Where is the torrent download?

Quote Originally Posted by Minas Moth View Post
    OK, I see where the torrent file is. Does that file include the music, or do I still have to download that seperately?

EDIT: merged double post; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 08, 2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: doubleposting

OK, I see where the torrent file is. Does that file include the music, or do I still have to download that seperately?
    Music is not included in torrent...
    Last edited by Minas Moth; June 09, 2012 at 09:25 AM.

Music is not included in torrent.

hello, i am a noob at mods so please be patient. if I have a disc game (not through steam) in which directory would i place the acw files. any assistance at all would be appreciated. thanks!

There is no legal version of the game that does not need Steam. Anyway install it in your ...\empire total war, there where Empire.exe is.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Hey, my game crashed unexpectedly to the desktop today. I just had a reinstall of ETW and ACW because of some issues I had because of a broken installation of ACW (my fault). The interesting thing is, there was no message by Windows about the cause for the CTD, and afterwards the as i wanted to close the ACW-launcher and clicked ACW-ready, a message popped up and said "Error: attempt to index a nil value". The launcher then froze and I had to close it via taskmanager. Any idea what happened?

what do i do with main (2/2)? do i extract it?
    any help would be much appreciated

**Post edited**

Answered my own question...
    Last edited by WarOfAges1776; June 12, 2012 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf View Post
    Hey, my game crashed unexpectedly to the desktop today. I just had a reinstall of ETW and ACW because of some issues I had because of a broken installation of ACW (my fault). The interesting thing is, there was no message by Windows about the cause for the CTD, and afterwards the as i wanted to close the ACW-launcher and clicked ACW-ready, a message popped up and said "Error: attempt to index a nil value". The launcher then froze and I had to close it via taskmanager. Any idea what happened?
    Never heard anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by superman2014 View Post
    what do i do with main (2/2)? do i extract it?
    any help would be much appreciated
    You are not asked to do something with this, are you? Part 2 is used be 7zip when part 1 is extracted.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Hey, found the bug^^. It seems that the previous reinstall of ETW somehow wasn't working correct. After a few more attempts to run the ACW-campaign I tried to play vanilla, and the same happened. So I verified my ETW and surprise, surprise, Steam said a file was missing. Now it runs absolutely perfect.

Blink182's Avatar Laetus

hey, i unistalled ACW and.. i cant seem to start empire.. any suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by Blink182 View Post
    yep, verify the game files integrity with Steam...

instructions are in the Gaming Must-knows thread (Technical Help Sub-forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Blink182 View Post
    Reboot and try again.

Doesnt work when i start it ust CDT.

EDIT: Right I just Unistalled DMUC and it got all the way to when I choose The Union, I press play and then it CDT.
    Last edited by jamson; June 15, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamson View Post
    Doesnt work when i start it ust CDT.

EDIT: Right I just Unistalled DMUC and it got all the way to when I choose The Union, I press play and then it CDT.
    Just to be sure. Restatr your PC, then start steam and after that the launcher of us.