Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you guys do the "one ring"?

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: How often do you guys do the "one ring"?

Welcome to the Forum.

You need to take and hold Barad Dûr with a stack containing him. That is how you destroy it.

I believe this is also answered in the FAQ.

My gf gets a bit sore if we do it more than twice a week Xp. Gamewise though its circumstantial like if I have a spare army, Mordor's current conquests etc.

It depends on the faction I play. One time as the dwarves I had the ring within twenty turns. One time with Gondor I only got the ring after I had destroyed Mordor, Rhun, and Harad and was midway through destroying the Orcs of Gundabad.

It normally seems to spawn either in Carn Dum or Dol Goldur for me.

It tends to be in either Carn Dum or Gram when I play; these locations are, without exception, decidedly out of the way.

I tried to do the quest yesterday. I was notified that the whereabouts
    of a certian "precious" jewlery where found.
    It was situated in the lovely city of Gram. At this state
    of the game ( vhvh 187 turns in) i had destroyed OotMM and Isengard,
    OoG had 4 provinces around Angmar left including Gram.
    I was playing HE, so i thought "why not get it I have to destroy Mordor
    anyway". I amassed an army in 2 turns and got on a journey.
    After three additonal turns i was notifeid that a certian *place swearing word here*
    jewlery was found in some Mordor city near Barad Dur...... Seriously game ?
    To say it with words of Boromir "something this small is really hard to trajectorize"
    Well didnt save the OoG, i unleashed my elven wrath on them anyway.

mfg Hammer

I am at turn 165, the ring has appeared three times, though always nowhere near me. Now since possibly 60 turns the ring hasn't appeared anymore. Does the ring teleport until you have found it or will it stop at some time?

I'm wondering, when Sauron spawns if you deliver the Ring, is he a normal unit, or a General?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

A general:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
     spawn_army 
     faction england
     character Sauron, named character, age 22, x 289, y 137, portrait sauron, hero_ability SAURON, label sauron1
     traits Sauron 1, NightBattleCapable 1
      unit Sauron Elephants soldiers 1 exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Halberd  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Uruks  exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Uruks  exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit 2handed Orcs  exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit 2handed Orcs  exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Morannon Guard  exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Morannon Guard  exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Battle Trolls  exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Battle Trolls  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
     end
     console_command give_ancillary sauron1 one_ring
     console_command give_ancillary sauron1 sauron_mace

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Can i ask what the time limit on capturing a settlement with one ring is. Cause I swear i get their in under 10 turns and its gone. Its annoying cause i really want a chance to destroy it.

I got it to the Black Gate with a full stack army and had it stolen from me. I was not happy.

In the Dale campaign I just finished, I was actually invading Mordor, and had killed Sauron in an earlier battle when one of my generals found the ring...right next to Mount Doom. Naturally, though, a few turns later, I get the message to meet the White Council (Imladris had aready fallen, so I got sent to Mithlond). I'm like, "Seriously? My guy could probably just throw the ring in the air and get it into the lava from where he is right now. Do I REALLY need to have him hike ALL THE WAY across the map, then come all the way back? (Plus, of course, being so close to Mount Doom, my guy already had full stacks of Ring Corruption, so he was moving about 5 spaces/turn.) Can't I just pull an Isildur, except I actually do listen to Elrond?" Luckily I was about 10 turns from destroying Mordor anyway.

I have only done the One Ring quest 2 times with the Elves and the other with Mordor to get Sauron.

I've done the One Ring quest with Rhun since it was in Erebor, but I've never gotten the chance with a good faction to try the quest. I've never had the ring returned to Sauron when playing good factions either, probably because lazy orc generals get it taken from Gollum all the time hahaha xD

My problem is how do I know if the One Ring has left the building or not? Was playing as HE's, around turn 100 and it spawned in Carn Dum, I spent about a dozen turns hauling a ballista up there from Imladris, fought an epic battle to capture Carn Dum, and..nothing. The whole thing was a waste of time.

As a relatively new TATW player, I have yet to aquire the ring, and I'm not sure exactly how it works.

When you send a general to get the ring in the first place, is it necessary for him to enter the town/castle of that territory (conquering it) or is it enough to merely stay in the area for a couple of turns? Is it necessary to go to war, if the ring is in a neutral/allied territory?

Likewise when your ringbearer is tasked to go to Imraldis/Barad Dûr. Will he be granted "special access", is it enough to stay in the area or do you have to fight your way there and conquer the city or otherwise be granted permission to enter another factions town? Can your ringbearer bring any troops with him?

If, as a "good" faction, you're charged with taking the ring to Mt. Doom, do you have to be standing in an exact spot or just somewhere close to the volcano?

If a general of another faction is the ringbearer, can you capture the ring from him by killing/capturing him, or will it just disappear and respawn somewhere later?

Have any of you ever seen the AI either destroy the ring or ressurrect Sauron?

Finally, I understand that Mordor is wiped out, if the ring is destroyed. What happens if Sauron is ressurrected and then gets killed? Does Mordor crumble and the ring destroyed, or will the ring reappear again and can be destroyed at Mt. Doom or used to re-ressurrect Sauron?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    A general:
    Code:
     spawn_army 
     faction england
     character Sauron, named character, age 22, x 289, y 137, portrait sauron, hero_ability SAURON, label sauron1
     traits Sauron 1, NightBattleCapable 1
      unit Sauron Elephants soldiers 1 exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Uruks  exp 5 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Uruks  exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit 2handed Orcs  exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit 2handed Orcs  exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Morannon Guard  exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Morannon Guard  exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Archers Mercs exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Mordor Orcs Mercs exp 5 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Battle Trolls  exp 2 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
      unit Battle Trolls  exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
     end
     console_command give_ancillary sauron1 one_ring
     console_command give_ancillary sauron1 sauron_mace
    I know it's a limitation of the game engine, but it always amuses me, when I see an Elf being in his early twenties. Even more so with an Ainu like Sauron, who supposedly have been around since before the creation of the world. But no, apparently he's a young guy of 22.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Finkeren View Post
    When you send a general to get the ring in the first place, is it necessary for him to enter the town/castle of that territory (conquering it) or is it enough to merely stay in the area for a couple of turns? Is it necessary to go to war, if the ring is in a neutral/allied territory?
    you have to go capture the settlement which will make you go to war if you are allied with the settlement owner

Likewise when your ringbearer is tasked to go to Imraldis/Barad Dûr. Will he be granted "special access", is it enough to stay in the area or do you have to fight your way there and conquer the city or otherwise be granted permission to enter another factions town? Can your ringbearer bring any troops with him?
    you cannot enter another factions town and it is not necessary you just need to get into that region

you can bring troops , and it's mandatory as a good faction you are charging through the black gate most likely

If, as a "good" faction, you're charged with taking the ring to Mt. Doom, do you have to be standing in an exact spot or just somewhere close to the volcano?
    in the region the volcano is located in close to it would be better , takes a few turns though

If a general of another faction is the ringbearer, can you capture the ring from him by killing/capturing him, or will it just disappear and respawn somewhere later?
    no idea never had the chance but i would guess it would disappear

Have any of you ever seen the AI either destroy the ring or ressurrect Sauron?
    iirc if the ring jumps settlements 7 times then it goes to Barad -Dur and de facto resurrects Sauron , i think i have had that happen not sure though and i have never seen the AI destroy it no

Finally, I understand that Mordor is wiped out, if the ring is destroyed. What happens if Sauron is ressurrected and then gets killed? Does Mordor crumble and the ring destroyed, or will the ring reappear again and can be destroyed at Mt. Doom or used to re-ressurrect Sauron?
    Mordor doesn't crumble if Sauron is killed but i don't know if the ring re appears

Thanks! That cleared ud a lot of things.

Just one more thing, whith regards to the thing you said here:

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    you have to go capture the settlement which will make you go to war if you are allied with the settlement owner
    As I said, I have limited TATW experience, but in the 4 campaigns I've played long enough to get the "ring event" (two in Vanilla, two with MOS) The ring has always first spawned in a settlement owned by an "evil" faction, when I played a "good faction" and vice versa. Is that by design to reduce the risk of having to go to war with an ally, or is it just a coincidence?

Oh, and one more thing: In my newest campaign I play as Mordor (only at turn 15 so far). I guess the ring won't automatically spawn at Barad Dûr, when I control Mordor, right? It would seem a bit unfair, that I can get the most powerful general and a boost to my economy just by waiting it out.

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

it's by design the way it does it is it just selects allot of settlements that are either good or evil at the start of the campaign depending on what faction you choose and then they are the only cities the ring can appear in..ok thats confusing lets try this another way

if you're a bad guy the ring will spawn in these settlements

hobbiton
    imladris
    anorien <-- minas tirith
    edoras
    amroth
    hornburg
    bree
    thranduil's halls
    dale
    erebor
    mithlond
    galadhon <--caras galadhon
    thorin <-- thorins halls

if you are a good guy in these ones( i didn't delete the script parts out of them it was too annoying)

declare_counter ring_isengard
    declare_counter ring_duneard
    declare_counter ring_gram
    declare_counter ring_carndum
    declare_counter ring_moria
    declare_counter ring_goblintown
    declare_counter ring_umbar
    declare_counter ring_hyarmen
    declare_counter ring_mistrand
    declare_counter ring_rhomen
    declare_counter ring_guldur <-- dol guldur

but there is another part of the script that determines the ring can only appear in these settlements if they are owned by their original owners

hope i cleared that up

Oh, and one more thing: In my newest campaign I play as Mordor (only at turn 15 so far). I guess the ring won't automatically spawn at Barad Dûr, when I control Mordor, right? It would seem a bit unfair, that I can get the most powerful general and a boost to my economy just by waiting it out.
    as far as i am aware the 7 times missing it = ring goes to barad-dur only occurs if you are playing a good faction
    Last edited by knight of meh; April 09, 2013 at 06:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast