Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I disagree. I think they should definetely bring something new. If THQ cant deliver more than a good campaign with the same game mechanics of CoH they should be ashamed of themselves. Are you aware of the professionally made mod Eastern front? They need to be better than the modders specially after so many years after the release of CoH. If they are just giving us a campaign with no gameplay improvements Id rather stick to the current CoH and play mods.
    But they are bringing something new. Your menz can now jump over fencez and sandbagz! So sandbags wonīt stop your men from going other ways (COH meme reference, gamereplays.org was the best site for COH stuff since 2008)

I think the current tank model is ok, itīs a gameplay compromise between a pure hit point system (without counter-intuitive and clumsy stuff like missile or gun damage) and "1 shot, one kill if penetrates" of war games. And it certainly is MUCH better than Dawn of War 2. Only things I suggest are airforce call-ins for both factions and maybe, just maybe a melee system (apart from balanced units and no bugs, of course).

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hnngg

Gotta get this as soon as it comes out.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post
    But they are bringing something new. Your menz can now jump over fencez and sandbagz! So sandbags wonīt stop your men from going other ways (COH meme reference, gamereplays.org was the best site for COH stuff since 2008)

I think the current tank model is ok, itīs a gameplay compromise between a pure hit point system (without counter-intuitive and clumsy stuff like missile or gun damage) and "1 shot, one kill if penetrates" of war games. And it certainly is MUCH better than Dawn of War 2. Only things I suggest are airforce call-ins for both factions and maybe, just maybe a melee system (apart from balanced units and no bugs, of course).
    Conway is the best way

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Market Garden wasn't quite Normandy though.
    It was a stones throw away. Eastern Front to Italy would be way different.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    It was a stones throw away. Eastern Front to Italy would be way different.
    You must have a really good arm to throw a rock from Caen all the way to Arnhem.

But seriously, I get your point. Still, I just like the African theater a lot. It'd be just epic seeing a squadron of tanks rushing across the sand dunes of Libya.

I'm getting tired of the Russians. What can I say? It was a novel idea to throw the Russians in back in the original CoD, but now it's beginning to become overdone.

I fail to see the hype around this announcement, really.
    The last relic games were so much disappointment. No doubt this one will join the group.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    You must have a really good arm to throw a rock from Caen all the way to Arnhem.

But seriously, I get your point. Still, I just like the African theater a lot. It'd be just epic seeing a squadron of tanks rushing across the sand dunes of Libya.
    I'm an American, we play baseball . Just pretend that the snowdrifts are sand dunes and you'll be good to go
    I'm getting tired of the Russians. What can I say? It was a novel idea to throw the Russians in back in the original CoD, but now it's beginning to become overdone.
    I am tired of the generic Russian horde crap a la Enemy at the Gates that we always see. If we have a modern, professional Russian army in CoH2 that has its massive numbers as a feature, great. But having one of the two factions rely on some nid/Brit/PE blobby crap would ruin the game for me. The Russian/Wehr balance should be similar to that of the Americans and Wehr in CoH1, where one side had smaller, more powerful squads and another had larger but weaker squads. It would also make sense to have the Germans again have a defensive focus while the Russkies have an offensive unit. The doctrines is where they can differentiate between the Ami/Wehr matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    The last relic games were so much disappointment. No doubt this one will join the group.
    I have one foot in this camp, one foot in the ZOMG CoH camp. I have invested probably 4000+ hours into this franchise already, but after the mehfest that was DoW2 (and the absolutely crap expansions. Took quite a few patches to sort of fix the brits/PE and then they threw in ToV and roos and staghounds and all that crap....) I am worried that they will crap out this game thats good, but not great and thus underwhelming. Its going to be a very tough act to follow.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post

You and maybe 4 others in the whole world share this opinion ;p.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post

This game is going to make my computer feel like a fat guy running the Boston Marathon...

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Their Law's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just looking at that picture i'd kind of like the ability to attach infantry squads behind tanks, so that they'd hug the rear of the tank as it advances. Of course to balance it you'd have to perhaps remove the infantry squads ability to fire forward and slow the tank's speed to running pace. On the plus you'd get some hard cover for you're poor infantry squads in combined forces assaults.
    "You have a decent ear for notes
    but you can't yet appreciate harmony."

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post

So you put your infantry in front of your tanks, and set up some to be flanked?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ♔THER1ZER♔ View Post
    You and maybe 4 others in the whole world share this opinion ;p.
    No, he is definitely not alone. The expansions were pretty underwhelming and without the excellent vanilla game to build upon would have not been all that successful. Remember that VCoH received a metacritic score of 93, OF of 87 and ToV of 70. There is a trend there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    So you put your infantry in front of your tanks, and set up some to be flanked?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it! I hope it's as entertaining and innovative as its predecessor.

<---

Hoping for an amazing realism mod
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticx View Post
    USA. We were very unprepared for a war .
    Yep, on D-Day in Iraq, we launched over 500,000 pikemen to capture the flag which Rome was holding. Didn't go so well for us but those Spartans didn't win by much with there muskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey Fresh Werewolf View Post
    Rome is not in Iraq...or did I miss something...

Civitate

Just an FYI, there is an 80% off deal for the whole franchise on Steam right now. If you are wondering wtf we are all talking about head over and pick up a copy for a few dollars and find out for yourself.

Just an FYI, there is an 80% off deal for the whole franchise on Steam right now. If you are wondering wtf we are all talking about head over and pick up a copy for a few dollars and find out for yourself.
    They do this sale ONE WEEK after I randomly buy my best friend a copy of the game....if I had waited a week, I'd give her the whole package, and save half of that money I spent!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

I went to go buy it, then realized I already owned it all........
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    They do this sale ONE WEEK after I randomly buy my best friend a copy of the game....if I had waited a week, I'd give her the whole package, and save half of that money I spent!
    Same thing happened even more randomly a week or so ago, got bored and decided to try out Arkham Asylum, bought it 2 days before it went for 66% off :S

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I went to go buy it, then realized I already owned it all........
    Yeah, I actually only recently got the games on steam, got all boxed copies when they released.

CoH for 2 bucks. Wow. What a damn good opportunity...

Why can't I have an international credit card...
    Last edited by beckyolt; May 12, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

No, he is definitely not alone. The expansions were pretty underwhelming and without the excellent vanilla game to build upon would have not been all that successful. Remember that VCoH received a metacritic score of 93, OF of 87 and ToV of 70. There is a trend there.
    Yeah, the trend to get cash. Fond memories (not) of Kangaroo and T17 spam...

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm looking forward to it but i feel like i've been spoiled by the "realism" of Men of War.

I never actually played Company of Heroes online! I've never had the urge to play RTS games against other humans and i don't know why. Any other genre and i'm right online but just not RTS's.
    I played with Davsim against the ai on CoH and being the troll that he is, decided to shell my base and was all "the AI are shelling your base!"