Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2 confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Voice acting in COH was always great, I loved that it was somewhat dynamic too. I clearly remember once when my Pershing got under fire from a Tiger, how the commander of the tank shouter "Pershing takings hits! It's a TIIIIIGER!"
    You go in front, you're the hero!
    Volksgrenadier on patrol
    Can't believe the Yanks fight with this crap.
    Grenadiers grabbing an American weapon
    Do you give tours too?
    Better than walking, eh soldaten?
    Hey comrades, got any fräuleins in there?
    Germany infantry loading onto a halftrack.
    We're stormtroopers, not a bunch of magicians!
    Stormtroopers unable to comply with an action.
    None of that "for king and country' nonsense, just tell us what to do.
    British HQ truck.
    Last edited by Antissa; May 07, 2012 at 12:45 AM.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Would be nice if the game included some less-known venues such as the Warsaw uprising (where you'd play as the resistance). And "morally questionable" Soviet actions to enhance the story. Doubt it though.
    My pony jumps ever so high

Hey Toph update the OP if you want. The game is now officially anounced by Relic through a press release.

I took an English source, our fast friends from VG247; http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/07/comp...rmed-for-2013/

Company of Heroes 2 will take place on the Eastern Front of WWII, THQ said today, and will challenge players “to take command of the iconic Red Army and repel the Nazi invaders from the very gates of Moscow.”
    The PC RTS will Relic Entertainment’s state of the art proprietary Essence 3.0 Engine “to bring new technological advancements to the strategy genre in the form of innovative Dynamic Battle Tactics, increased graphical fidelity and new environmental destruction, ultimately putting the player in control with new Commander Abilities.”
    Greg Wilson, Producer at Relic Entertainment commented, “Company of Heroes 2 is a true successor, introducing a new front, new protagonists and new technology while retaining the unique mix of strategic gameplay and competitive multiplayer that made the original Company of Heroes such a success.”
    Sounds quite cool doesnt it?

Sounds and looks pretty damn awesome.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

it does! this game should be selling good cause it meaby be THQ only resque thing if they want to stay up.

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Great stuff. I have recently started playing COH again and loving every second of it.

Its a great setting, and I'm sure they will pull it off. It would be cool if they had some more overlooked campaigns for the add-ons (North Africa, Italy, maybe even the early invasions of Eastern Europe- a Greek campaign for example)
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ♔THER1ZER♔ View Post
    I disagree i think COH has been made more towards Single Player exclusively Skirmish Battles.
    This is going to be a difference of opinion then, but much of what they invested in (patch and expansions) is focused on the multiplayer component. Sure, there are SP campaigns in each but they are all pretty short, the content goes a much father distance in MP
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

I hope they improve the AI part.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    I hope they improve the AI part.
    Its going to be tough because of the complicated nature of the CoH system.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Looks pretty good damn good.
    Never got that invested into the original as it's very MP-focused and punishes my inner turtle too much.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Hope they improve stability during online gameplay...just had a game that went on for over 40 minutes abruptly end by a sync error...no fun!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Hope they improve stability during online gameplay...just had a game that went on for over 40 minutes abruptly end by a sync error...no fun!
    I'm really hoping that they have a LoL style system, where you can rejoin a game if you get briefly DCd. Nothing as frustrating as getting a lagspike 30 mins in to a 2v2 and having to forfeit.

Thanks for the link, Diglytron Will do. The official site is up as well.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    it does! this game should be selling good cause it meaby be THQ only resque thing if they want to stay up.
    Hopefully THQ will invest sufficient resources to help Relic with the game's development, and not cut corners to rush it out to alleviate their financial woes.

What do you guys think about Tale of Valor's unlockable units or CoHO's COHO Cash? Personally, I wouldn't want to see those features return, especially if THQ decides to charge for it.

Exactly. That's what I find frustrating about multiplayer; Relic Online's network infrastructure is easily abused by drophackers and malicious individuals. Hopefully Relic will consider improving Relic Online for CoH2. I'm not sure if STEAMWORKS would be a better alternative, since finding a match on DoW2 tends to take too much time. I'm hoping they won't use GFWL either.

edit: Confirmed to be on STEAM, although it's unclear if the game would be intergrated with STEAMWORKS.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/55...r=1_4_4__105_2

Analysis of the press release from GameReplays:

Some key details that are sure to have the community slavering are;

A sequel to its critically acclaimed strategy game Company of Heroes® is scheduled to be taking gamers to the frozen frontlines of war in Russia in early 2013.

Danny Bilson of THQ stated;
    “We are excited to announce a sequel to one of THQ’s best loved properties. Company of Heroes 2 will deliver an amazing strategy experience along with a strong post-launch digital content plan that enhances and expands the product’s lifecycle.”

A strong post-launch digital content plan can only mean one thing- DLC is coming to CoH 2.