Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

There was a closed alpha session this week. I was in. Can't say anything because of NDA, all I can say is I have failed to be impressed by what I saw.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the least impressed, how unimpressed where you?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the least impressed, how unimpressed where you?
    Not too fan of rating with numbers but let me use an explanation everyone in TWC might understand.

When I bought Napoleon Total War, just one year after Empire was released, I was like : "Yeah, a lot of little improvements here and there, it really makes the game cooler'. But was it worth to buy Napoleon ? Some said yes, some sticked with Empire with all the great mods.

This is the same withe COH 2 but this time, it is released SIX years after the first COH so those little improvements after such a long time. Is it worth to buy it ? Some will say yes, some will stick with the first COH and all the amazing mods.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I might leave it until the first expansion. I'm hoping they follow the same format as the original and add in 2 more factions.
    If I was going to limit myself to the eastern front, I have Men of War: Condemned Heroes which is a terrible game but still offers more realistic battle mechanics (plus the battles are massive in Condemned Heroes, despite you only controlling perhaps one squad in the battle) and with every other Men of War game (excluding Vietnam, of course) you get USA, Britain and Japan too.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

If this type of game comes out and is really bad what hope do pc gaming have at this rate ? :/.

Just become hooked on CoH all over again, so this is well and truly on my radar.

A few things I want to see:

Give us an option to have corpses remain on the battlefield! Some PCs can cope with this, you know.

Tanks can squish men in real life - why can't you do that in CoH?

In real life if you have a bloke with a submachine gun firing at a building, he'll get nowhere - so why do they always do that sort of thing in CoH? Allow buildings to only be damaged by armoured vehicles, or troops with heavy weapons.

No blue or pink insignia, please. I want to see black and white Iron Crosses, with Red Soviet Stars.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by XTH3R1DDL3RP1NX View Post
    If this type of game comes out and is really bad what hope do pc gaming have at this rate ? :/.
    The 50 million people using steam? Kickstarter? Exploding indie scene?
    Seems like abit of a silly comment tbh. Company Of Heroes while good, isnt some major cornerstone of pc gaming.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

COH defined RTS and gave the concept a new name, for such an amazing game to boggle down to industry failure seems like that platform may be on the way out.

Just an opinion, I am sure COH 2 will be fine.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

COH defined RTS and gave the concept a new name, for such an amazing game to boggle down to industry failure seems like that platform may be on the way out.

Just an opinion, I am sure COH 2 will be fine.
    IMHO, there have been a lot more influential games in the RTS genre than COH
    My pony jumps ever so high

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

COH defined RTS and gave the concept a new name
    Not even remotely true. CoH's only addition to the genre was the cover system. And even that was borrowed from other places.

CoH's achievement is that it revitalized the completely burned out WWII setting, made it interesting again. Beyond that it had no major impact on the rts genre or PC gaming in general.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Hell, I'd say the much maligned (by some) DOW II was far more impacting on RTS gaming.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Hell, I'd say the much maligned (by some) DOW II was far more impacting on RTS gaming.
    No base building, no mass fights, a revolution indeed !

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

RTS =/= Base building and 100000000 units. Need I remind you of Ground Control or World in Conflict?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Won't say it's revolutionary, its constituent parts have been featured in quite a few games, but its particular brand of mixing micro-managed tactics and rpg-esque advancement of characters was quite promising in my eyes.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Well, No way i am paying 39.99 for COH2 lol.

What i have heard does not sounds pleasing.

No Skirmish Mode ?
    Multiplayer Only AI ?
    Micro Transactions ?
    Buyable Premiums ?
    No Base Building ?
    No Reloading Animations, Pulling Bolt Back Etc ?

Only rumours but enough for me to not touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Just become hooked on CoH all over again, so this is well and truly on my radar.

A few things I want to see:

Give us an option to have corpses remain on the battlefield! Some PCs can cope with this, you know.

Tanks can squish men in real life - why can't you do that in CoH?

In real life if you have a bloke with a submachine gun firing at a building, he'll get nowhere - so why do they always do that sort of thing in CoH? Allow buildings to only be damaged by armoured vehicles, or troops with heavy weapons.

No blue or pink insignia, please. I want to see black and white Iron Crosses, with Red Soviet Stars.
    Actually in COH tanks can squish soldiers, but you need very good micro as the soldiers will try to avoid automatically the tank, this can be used to take soldiers out of cover with a jeep or bike, trying to constanty run them down, enemy soldiers will start trying to get out of the way of the jeep/bike.

Worst Case Scenario for THQ.

The new Men of War is coming back and DMS the masters of developing will be making it ?

Sorry COH2 you may look like an improvement over the previous titles but a new men of war would wipe you off the face of the universe IMO.

I hope they do this properly come on Relic -__-.

Dont end up like crysis 2.
    Sorry to break your bubble but Men of war games have terrible ratings in most gaming sites while Company of heroes is regarded to be one of the best RTS games.

Decanus

Actually MoW and MoW:AS have 75-85 on Metacritic (I know, the side sucks, but whatever), the ones that do suck, which is all the useless standalone SP expansions are rated really low.

But it's a lot more hardcore and a lot less accessible, it'll never compete with an arcade game like CoH.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by tlatoani View Post
    Sorry to break your bubble but Men of war games have terrible ratings in most gaming sites while Company of heroes is regarded to be one of the best RTS games.
    CoD is more popular than Arma2. What's your point?

I'll probably wait till COH2 is at a really really low price on sale before actually buying it. I was disappointed with the first COH, singleplayer was good but muliplayer was unenjoyable for me. The game didnt bring much new to me, but Men of War(first one and assault squad) became my favorite WW2 fps, along with Achtung panzer's scale.