Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I saw an MT-HT. .

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I'm going to sound like a real nit-picker here but you'd think they'd get somebody who has a basic knowledge of the subject to do a review on it.
    Like, when he called the tank which I assume is a KV-1 an IS-2, I made an audible sound of disappointment and at the end when he says the AT guns are taking out some light German tanks or whatever but I'm 99% sure that those are German guns. When people make mistakes that seem so obvious to me, it makes me doubt myself but either way.

Plus, half the things he was raving out in that video are in Men of War games.
    Wait, wait wait. You guys are giving him about confusing a KV-1S with an IS-2? Really?

They're low-hull heavy tanks with the same turret, and for an iteration or two were mounted with the same gun.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Sidenote: I saw an elephant squaring off against a poor little T-34
    Last edited by Border Patrol; December 14, 2012 at 02:57 PM.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Decanus

KV-1 & KV-2 turrets are COMPLETELY different to a IS-2.

They're boxy.

KV-1:

KV-2:

KV-IS

IS-2

Hull is also different, as you can see, the KV tanks are edgy/boxy, while the IS-2 is angled. Plate above the tracks is also distinctively different.

EDIT:

For in game comparison purposes, here:

IS-2:

KV-1:

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Sidenote: I saw an elephant squaring off against a poor little T-34
    And the T-34 won, which was pretty stupid, considering the Elephant hit it twice. >.>
    Last edited by Timbab; December 14, 2012 at 03:42 PM.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Worst Case Scenario for THQ.

The new Men of War is coming back and DMS the masters of developing will be making it ?

Sorry COH2 you may look like an improvement over the previous titles but a new men of war would wipe you off the face of the universe IMO.

I hope they do this properly come on Relic -__-.

Dont end up like crysis 2.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

THQ are having serious financial problems at the moment, and Relic is directly affected by them. That's why the game looks and feels the way it does. Crytek ruined Crysis in order to cash in on the console market, if Relic ruin CoH they'll because they didn't have the cash to do it properly. It's a big difference.

I only hope THQ won't have to do what Sega did with CA in 2009: force Relic to release the game early and use the revenue to finish the game via patches.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; December 14, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

You can kill a tank by breaking the ice under its tracks. If it's not enough to make you pre-order it, then I don't know what to say.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by XTH3R1DDL3RP1NX View Post

The new Men of War is coming back and DMS the masters of developing will be making it ?

Sorry for the off topic..
    New Men of War?? Where did you find that??

Sorry COH2 you may look like an improvement over the previous titles but a new men of war would wipe you off the face of the universe IMO.

I hope they do this properly come on Relic -__-.

Dont end up like crysis 2.
    Company Of Heroes 2 would probably almost definitely be rated higher and sell more. Not really sure why you seen to be adopting this attitude. It seems like in every tangible and relevant sense that it would matter to both the publisher and developer it would outright "win".

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    THQ are having serious financial problems at the moment, and Relic is directly affected by them. That's why the game looks and feels the way it does.
    The game looks like it does because it's in alpha mate... And tbh it feels way better than CoH to me.

I'm looking forward to the game tbh.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

DMS have just announced a new RTS and if it gets funded company of heroes is going to struggle.

Lets hope we get to play the beta sometime soon and hope company of heroes is more than it looks like.

Decanus

I was gonna post something about it, you beat me to it. :p

There is a huge lack of information though, which I don't like. Modern combat and obviously the US side, but what's the other? The Abrams probably shows it's in the desert, but is the other faction Russian? I kinda want to do the 50 Euro bracket, but I don't know yet. I hope they release some serious information about what they have in mind.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I'm glad WWII strategy games haven't gone the way of WWII FPS-es.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

DMS have just announced a new RTS and if it gets funded company of heroes is going to struggle.
    Given they are going to be be released at least one year from each other that seems unlikely, especially since it is going modern warfare.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    You can kill a tank by breaking the ice under its tracks. If it's not enough to make you pre-order it, then I don't know what to say.
    i think u could do that in sudden strike (best ww2 rts ever imo)

not sure.

but certainly u could drop tanks thru the ice in c&c tiberian sun. its not a new feature in gaming.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Given they are going to be be released at least one year from each other that seems unlikely, especially since it is going modern warfare.
    Certainly agreed, good point!.

Campidoctor

THQ filled for chapter 11 today, although they seem to have already found a buyer for certain assets. Have to wait and see if this changes anything for Relic or COH 2.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I'm glad WWII strategy games haven't gone the way of WWII FPS-es.
    Ditto. Wish we had more world in conflict style games though.

Quote Originally Posted by CDMan477 View Post
    THQ filled for chapter 11 today, although they seem to have already found a buyer for certain assets. Have to wait and see if this changes anything for Relic or COH 2.
    yea, just read this. and i already have my pre order through steam.

also worried that if they release to early, they wont have assets to fix the game as needed. Can't remember the last pc game i bought on release that didnt have many problems with it.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

I really hope we get to play the beta soon, anyone know when its coming because the game comes out in 2013 so the beta must be soon.

I really hope we get to play the beta soon, anyone know when its coming because the game comes out in 2013 so the beta must be soon.
    I'm sure some people are. The guy that commentates CoH replays on youtube mentioned he was playing it. I'm guessing it's a closed Beta.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.