Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Russians only? Really?

This is 2012 for Christ's sake, not 2003. Its time to give up the fear of playable Germans. Hell, they did it ToV and OF.

And the Russians were just as bad as the Germans. You can say it was vengeance, but that makes none of the heinous things they did in Germany right.

They'll probably sell us the German campaign in a DLC or expansion.
    What? Who in Relic said that was the reason? Were you equally outraged at the Xenophobic bias against non-terrans in Starcraft 2? Or Dawn of War 2?

The reason is far more likely that they are making a single, large campaign and focusing all their resources on that. Hardly surprising as the Russians are a new faction.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

It to me just seemed like something game developers should've been getting over by now because of the originial COH and RO2.

I'm willing to bet the Russian-only campaign is because they want the initial release to be available worldwide without the risk of it getting banned by some QQing German politicians. DLCs and expansions might have German campaigns since then they only risk the DLC being banned.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Were you equally outraged at the Xenophobic bias against non-terrans in Starcraft 2?
    We all know that is because Blizzard wants to cut a game into three separated part, each cost $ 59.99 USD.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It's true. Factions are being cut-up for DLC. It's how things are run in the gaming industry now.

I'm willing to bet within a month or so of release they'll come out with a German campaign.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

It to me just seemed like something game developers should've been getting over by now because of the originial COH and RO2.
    You mean like VCoH that only had a single faction (Americans) for the campaign? That game?
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

What I think itīs stupid is paying 5$ for a purely graphic DLC.

As for paying for expansions, cīmon... expansions are so 90s hehe. I wonder if Blizzard will indeed charge 60 bucks for each part of SC 2.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

You mean the developer that already made an axis campaign should get over their PC and make an axis campaign already?
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernhardt View Post

As for paying for expansions, cīmon... expansions are so 90s hehe. I wonder if Blizzard will indeed charge 60 bucks for each part of SC 2.
    Aren't they semi-owned by Activision?

Yeah....

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    You mean like VCoH that only had a single faction (Americans) for the campaign? That game?
    Opposing Fronts and ToV.

Opposing Fronts and ToV.
    That had a German campaign... I'm not sure many of us here are following you.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Opposing Fronts and ToV.
    I would not be surprised if they went the same route as they did with CoH. One very strong and lengthy single player campaign with others with other (possibly new, and probably at least one german) factions coming later in expansions. I wouldn't overreact to them showcasing a completely new faction as their main campaign.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe we'll get Japan as a playable faction and a Manchuria campaign for an expansion.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    Maybe we'll get Japan as a playable faction and a Manchuria campaign for an expansion.
    I would definitely like that!

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Opposing Fronts and ToV.
    That had a German campaign... I'm not sure many of us here are following you.
    I'm guessing that he is trying to prove my point? That this is the exact same trend that we saw with the original game series?
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

dom385's Avatar Senator

I was excited until I realized I'm at uni when its released...I dont think and addictive RTS would be a good investment while at uni . On a brighter note, it does look pretty amazing, I love the new engine as well. I think some of the textures were the only things that needed fixing, although hopefully units will have longer ranges, tanks firing point blank at each other was kind of ridiculous!

A pacific expansion, or just a whole game in the future would be rather nice too. It's not an area that gets that much attention.

Itīs a gameplay compromise. Make it too realistic and either it will be impossible to manage reasonable numbers of units or some will have to be put under AI control. And every game where you have to put too much stuff under AI control is a BAD game. Because it isnīt a game, itīs an interactive animation.

An I donīt understand why people care about putting Japan so much. Their best anti-tank weapon would be a soldier running with a satchel charge... not very politically correct, BTW.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hopefully we get Romania in as a faction eventually. Every other Axis military was essentially running off of German equipment.

Oh, and about Blitzkrieg mod. What exactly does it do? Their thread on RN doesn't really seem to say much.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

A pacific scenario would be a decent choice for CoH3, I guess. In all likelihood they confine themselves to the eastern front, but rather using two different german factions, than another axis ally, what they did in CoH plus addons. I would find it interesting to have other allied nations.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    That would be awesome as hell (Japan being my favorite nation in any WW2 related game, even over Germany )
    If this game has co-op campaign... IT WILL BE OUR NEW LORD AND MASTER!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.