Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Default Company of Heroes 2

What we know so far:
    As a true sequel, this game moves the battle away from the common Western Front focus of World War II and refocuses on some of history’s most brutal and devastating conflicts on the Eastern Front, challenging players to take command of the iconic Red Army and repel the Nazi invaders from the very gates of Moscow.

Company of Heroes 2 utilizes Relic® Entertainment’s state of the art proprietary Essence 3.0 EngineTM to bring new technological advancements to the strategy genre in the form of innovative Dynamic Battle Tactics, increased graphical fidelity and new environmental destruction, ultimately putting the player in control with new Commander Abilities.

Greg Wilson, Producer at Relic Entertainment commented, “Company of Heroes 2 is a true successor, introducing a new front, new protagonists and new technology while retaining the unique mix of strategic gameplay and competitive multiplayer that made the original Company of Heroes such a success.”

Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President of Core Games commented, “We are excited to announce a sequel to one of THQ’s best loved properties. Company of Heroes 2 will deliver an amazing strategy experience along with a strong post-launch digital content plan that enhances and expands the product’s lifecycle.”

The original Company of Heroes was released in 2006 to critical acclaim and is currently the highest rated strategy title on Gamerankings.com (with more than five reviews) with an average of 93.82% based on 56 reviews. The game features similar acclaim on Metacritic.com with a Metascore of 93% based on 55 reviews.

Company of Heroes 2 is scheduled to be available for PC in early 2013. Keep checking back for more information.

About Company of Heroes 2

Company of Heroes 2 takes the fight to the snow-filled fields of the Eastern Front as players command the Soviet Red Army during the World’s darkest hour. It is the year 1941, and the forces of Germany have just begun Operation Barbarossa, as they push East to conquer Russia in what would become the costliest conflict of the war. It is up to you, commander of the Russian Red Army, to push back the Nazi invaders and free Mother Russia!

Company of Heroes 2 raises the bar of the standard in PC Real Time Strategy. Powered by the new Essence 3.0 Engine, Company of Heroes 2 features incredible graphic fidelity and cutting-edge technology. With the unprecedented new TrueSight™ system, fog of war is no longer a guessing game as unit visibility on the battlefield relies on true and proper line of sight.

The tactical and dynamic combat system that strategy gamers know and love from the original Company of Heroes returns, and now it’s bigger and better than ever. With the new Commander Abilities found in Company of Heroes 2, players will develop and utilize their abilities in intense new tactical warfare situations. Players will get to experience the up-close moment-to-moment brutality of the war on the Eastern Front through new Dynamic Battle Tactics.

One of the most intense and competitive online experiences returns with Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer! The vicious online combat that thousands of gamers enjoy every day with the original Company of Heroes is bigger than ever featuring competitive and co-operative modes that deliver the intense experiences that fans have come to expect.
    of Heroes. Engage in visceral tactical combat that will define you as a military leader and challenge you to wield the might of the Soviet Empire as you smash your way to Berlin.
    http://www.companyofheroes.com/

A recent PC Gamer UK issue features an article with a preview and new information about the game. The theatre of war is confirmed to be the Eastern Front, although the article does reference that environmental terrain such as snow would impact troop movement in the game, an inclusion of desert terrain opens up possibilities of a North African and Pacific theatre as well.

The preview places an emphasis on an improved graphics & physics engine, however the Essence Engine for the original CoH is already quite spectacular. It'd be interesting to see what other graphic enhancements are in the works. Hopefully, Relic will continue to refine gameplay elements and multiplayer netcode (if they plan to use Relic Online).

It also features an interview with Quinn Duffy (game director), Greg Wilson (game producer), and Matthew Berger (designer), in which they discuss the philosophy and direction of the game's design. It's unclear if their goals are for better or for worse, but they claim they've learned lessons from Dawn of War 2 and Company of Heroes Online, and plan to improve upon the original Company of Heroes.

"Company of Heroes 2 isn't about different", Quinn says of Relic's return to realistic warfare,"it's about new, and it's about more."
    :
    Last edited by Antissa; September 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Senator

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2 confirmed.

I'm so excited.

This was my face when I read your post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Literally is, that's me right there you know.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

great news have some rep.

fingers crossed for a romanian faction (or at least romanian units)

Basarabia is Romanian!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    This was my face when I read your post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Literally is, that's me right there you know.
    Haha, such excitement There's much to be excited for about this game, it looks very promising currently.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Well this being my 400th post I thought I would use it here, Beacuse I love this game and I am extremely excited, how ever like films the second one isn't as good as the first, but lets hope its one of the rare games where the second one is better than the first.

I hope what I said wasn't confusing

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

I hope that "learned lessons from Dawn of War 2" means that they treat that game as if it has never seen the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    Well this being my 400th post I thought I would use it here, Beacuse I love this game and I am extremely excited, how ever like films the second one isn't as good as the first, but lets hope its one of the rare games where the second one is better than the first.

I hope what I said wasn't confusing
    Read you clear as day lad!

And I agree, obviously.

Now COH was, well, IS, a great game. But it has issues. Though most of them has to do with online play...it's quite unstable, lots of people dropping during games, sometimes it's impossible to even join a game! Aggravating to put it mildly...

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

*Read thread Title*

*Read OP*

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

I was hoping for a Pacific campaign, but Eastern front is ok...

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Well this looks good! Eastern front is a good choice for the theatre, not again the same western front Normandy stuff and Americans. Although if the main campaign will be focus on Soviets, I really fear it will be the same "For the Motherland!!" -like stuff that has been seen ever since the first CoD. Hopefully there will be a German campaign DLC/Expansion, just like Opposing Fronts.

Also I hope it tries to be even somewhat realistic, especially with vehicles and equipment and with weapon and gun lethality.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Just in time for Victory Day in Russia.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

- Quinn Duffy is the lead designer (worked on Homeworld, Company of Heroes (Senior Designer),Company of Heroes: OF (Gameplay Supervisor), Space Marines (Lead Designer)
    That was the best part. Because OF was mostly designed by people who hadn't made the US/Wehr, which is why they're frankly worse. So hopefully faction and unit design for the German/Soviet factions will be up to par. Also hope that mud is in and not just snow.

This sounds awesome in all sorts of ways. Can't wait.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Eh, I prefer MoW over CoH, but I'll keep an eye on this one, it might be better than I expect .
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

I want a few good tweaks, and totally retooled Wehr vs USSR stuff. Only 2 factions please.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    I hope that "learned lessons from Dawn of War 2" means that they treat that game as if it has never seen the light of day.
    Well you on that. DOW2 and its expansions Is one of the most fun games I've ever owned

This is great news indeed. My favourite RTS developer is making a new incarnation of my favourite game covering one of the most exiting periods in History.

Go relic!

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man.

Just wow. I was so not expecting this.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    DOW2 was a damn fun game, the gameplay being radically different might have been disappointing to people who just wanted a carbon copy sequel but it sure as hell wasn't "never seeing the light of day"-bad
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Nice! But hopefully you will be able to play as the brits!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Nice! But hopefully you will be able to play as the brits!

Well if they just focus on the Eastern Front then i doubt it unfortunately.

However, it would be wise of them to capitalise on the fact that most people are sick of seeing the same stuff over and over.
    the Burma campaign, Winter War, Invasion of Poland... these are hardly ever portrayed in games. I mean i don't think i've ever seen a game that has even touched the first 9 months of the war.

Page 1 of 37 123456789101126 ... LastLast