Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Aww Snap Company Of Heroes 2!!

Wasn't this already announced in a magazine or something a couple months ago? I swear there was a thread about it. Either way it's cool there's a trailer, the announcer sounds like the guy who does every TV ad on Spike and the rest of it looks like something you'd see on the History channel with slightly less production value. Excepted something better but eh, can't be picky.

Edit: Found the other thread link here.
    Last edited by alexanderswift; June 29, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Already a thread here

Whoops didn't realize there was a general one as well.

It is all I have.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Threads merged

Hopefully there will be some gameplay soon.

It is all I have.

Yea this trailer was pretty cool.

EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

I expect that to be some kind of a teaser and those few seconds of in-engine (?) cinematic stuff by the end to be a part of a longer trailer/intro film.

Also, I'm happy (not really) to see that youtube doesn't let us down, the WWII arguing about who did what and who did best has already started there on the comment field!

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

was hoping for more gameplay.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Was hoping for any gameplay

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

patience is a virtue. lack of patience leads to self-built anticipation which spoils the game for you.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm fully confident in CoH2. Well as long as they make it moddable so we can have Blitzkrieg mod for it.

Indefinitely Banned

I'll be waiting for this game. Partly because it will feature things that will also be present in DOW3 when it comes.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

^thats if THQ survives and i things arent looking too good for them if they dont turn around soon, i do like the new direction there taking now and only focusing on the good games they have that sell instead of losing money in stupid ideas.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Dispointed already, why does it have to be the Red Army I'm so tired of playing as the Red Army. I'm so sick of video game over glorification of them as well when I'm playing as them. It's just depressing. It wouldn't be so bad if they showed the Red Army as the true Red Army and not the movie style Red Army. Then again the first COH game didn't do much justice on that for the Allies/Germans either.

"Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
    -- Eddie Rickenbacker (1890-1973)

Well if you didn't like COH1 because they didn't portray the combatants entirely accurately, then you shouldn't like COH2 no...

To me it seems like COH goes fun before realism, and that's fine by me.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    Wouldnt that early war weaponry lack balance? Soviet tanks of the first period of Barbarossa werent a match for german war machine. Of course you could try balancing it with unit costs. I like that idea, but I dont think they will do it.
    Actually German armour was very inferior during the early stages of the war. Only difference is that the Germans used them concentrated and therefore could overwhelm the enemy... And they had radios...

Oh well, there were many factors to consider regarding the initial German successes on the Eastern Front...

though it is true that they were absolutely perplexed by the appearance of the T-34 and KV-1 tanks.

Half a dozen anti-tank gun fire shells at him (T-34) which sound like a drumroll. But he drives staunchly through our line like an impregnable prehistoric monster... It is remarkable that lieutenant Steup's tank made hits on a T-34 once at about 20 meters and four times at 50 meters, with Panzergranate 40 (caliber 5 cm),[nb 1] without any noticeable effect.

— German battle report, Finkel[5]
    Though the Germans did have their 88's, and those things sure packed a punch!

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

If the purges never happened and Stalin listened to the intelligence that exposed the date of attack (and therefore set up a proper defensive line, with no harmless neutral country the Germans could invade to sneak around it) the Germans would have been repulsed at the border. Early war German tech is extremely overrated. They owe their early successes to sneak attacks, fighting smaller, weaker or indecisive nations and to blitz tactics, not their POS Panzer 2s and millions of horses.
    Last edited by Graphic; July 03, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

And, uh, a vastly superior airforce.

DarkArk's Avatar Senator

Also a competent officer corp and extremely good cohesion between the various services.

Germans would have been repulsed at the border.
    Given the way the Germans fought against the Soviets in history, unlikely. There's nothing to suggest that the Soviets had the knowledge of how to effectively counter armored spearheads supported by airborne artillery. Also the Red Army would still have been unprepared because Stalin thought he had until 1942-43 before Germany turned its attention to him.

People forget that tanks rarely fought other tanks. The primary way to take out a tank is with bombers or AT guns. German tech might be overrated but on the whole their tactics and strategy in the early war was far superior.

Dispointed already, why does it have to be the Red Army I'm so tired of playing as the Red Army. I'm so sick of video game over glorification of them as well when I'm playing as them. It's just depressing. It wouldn't be so bad if they showed the Red Army as the true Red Army and not the movie style Red Army. Then again the first COH game didn't do much justice on that for the Allies/Germans either.
    Would tend to agree. The Bolsheviks as a whole don't receive much criticism for what they did.