Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Kind of crazy that it took them this long to do this. I'll play through it but it isn't something I'm interested in having on my hard drive after that.

The reviews are crazy. The Last of US was "Amazing". This is a decent RTS.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

Pavlik the Rus's Avatar Civitate

hellheaven1987
    I've mean soviet personal, executed by Soviets, and German personal, executed by Germans, but according to this game commisars (who was not NKVD troopers at all) shoots each day dozens of soldiers. Also there is no real evidences from archives that there was shooting on retreating soldiers at all...
    And in the name of political correctness, Nazis have unmatched numbers of executed POWs and civilians, where is this aspect in the game, if Relic wants to portray dark sides of the war?

Btw, your picture perfectly indicates research level of Relics We have commisar and snow, no matter what calendar date we have.

Under patronage of respectable MARCVS
    Надо чаще встречаться
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58644

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Are there any testimonies from veteran Soviet soldiers of seeing their comrades shot while retreating? I doubt this would be a matter put in official casualties documents.

Red army was not a chaos place. Miltary prosecution existed in each quite large unit, there was also officers from special secret service (aka osobist), osobists was even in bigger numbers, then military prosecutors and investigators. Even in worst situations army had bearocratic organisation. There is no evidence of single case of direct open fire on their own troops. We have full picture of Brest fortress defence from first days of war. Also, as we know from this game, commisar Churkin shot ex-comander of main game hero. It's roubish, because:
    1. If so, then he had all posibilities to be exucuted for murder
    2. His uniform.. Ughhh. According to this, he served in NKVD. But commisar was not an exclusive NKVD rank. So, this story tells us, that one man, from one unit (even from another state's service) shot comander of another unit without any trial and survived after that with same rank. fairy tale

I can not understand, why relic done such thing - stamps, clishe from scaring cold war stories about wild mindless hordes of russians. According to this crap, our grandfathers was dumb cannon fodder, meantime most part of army was volounteers. Why close combat 3 had no such rubbish, but it is great game?
    Last edited by Pavlik the Rus; July 03, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Надо чаще встречаться

Надо чаще встречаться

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Are there any testimonies from veteran Soviet soldiers of seeing their comrades shot while retreating?
    Probably only some random cases, although that did not apply on penal units (). However there were only a small number of penal units though.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; July 03, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Are there any testimonies from veteran Soviet soldiers of seeing their comrades shot while retreating? I doubt this would be a matter put in official casualties documents.
    Few exist. Certainly not part of Soviet record. And it would have only occurred a certain key battles where retreat really was not an option. There are records of the Russian War Ministry letting soldiers retreat even with the order, that is backed by history.

Overall, it is largely a matter of circumstantial evidence. A standing order saying that retreat is punishable by firing squad, soldiers being expendable as part of army doctrine, and the NKVD being just as bad as the SS during wartime (or the Gestapo during 'peace time').

The standing order and the military grapevine/rumor machine being what it has always been, was probably more than enough to get the vast majority of soldiers to believe that they would be shot if they retreated. And the occasional osobist being present certainly helped that.

And on the flip side, that is often most potent when there is some truth to it. So safe to say that it did happen in a significant manner, at some point.
    Last edited by mrmouth; July 04, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I regretted pre-ordering this game -__-. it have totaly unrealistic balance system and that totally sux. I rly don't understand what relic is doing, why this game plays like DoWII but looks like T34s and Panzers. what the point in this gcan penetrate ame if it's don't have the basic realistic stuff. PzIVs penetrate T-34s as well as T-34s can pen PzIVs. I shouldv waited till BK mod was released 4 COH2 and then bought. I rly hope modders find this new engine have less limitation and more mod friendly or this game will be ruined.

If you didn't play the Beta or the first CoH I'm not sure you have any right to complain about gameplay making you regret pre-ordering...

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

A Blitzkrieg 2 or equivalent mod would be welcome for me, i prefer the realistic portrayal of units (Jagdtiger destroys everything) rather then the balance of the vanilla game. I didn't actually play the original COH until 2011 and only 5 out of the 100+ hours i put into it were the base game, all else was Blitzkrieg. Not to say i'm not enjoying COH 2 i've put about 11 hours into so far as time allows.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    If you didn't play the Beta or the first CoH I'm not sure you have any right to complain about gameplay making you regret pre-ordering...
    well .. it was stupid. I did that b4 they even released the beta testing. was disapointed in the balance from start. I rly think they should'v not balance it that way. u can't feel the real war uless the weapon simulate what was heppenning in the east front.

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    PzIVs penetrate T-34s as well as T-34s can pen PzIVs.
    Don't know what you are complaining; that was simply a historical fact.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Don't know what you are complaining; that was simply a historical fact.
    yet in the game 1 PzIV can destry 2-3 T34s togather

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    yet in the game 1 PzIV can destry 2-3 T34s togather
    If you are incompetent. This is the EXACT SAME THING that was present in the original company of heroes, you have no one but yourself to blame
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevins View Post
    If you are incompetent. This is the EXACT SAME THING that was present in the original company of heroes, you have no one but yourself to blame
    Probably one of the guys who just drives his tanks up and let's them start shooting at one another with zero micro or effort. Obviously COH 2 is nowhere in the realm of simulation so it's really stupid to expect a high level of realism.

The only thing bothering me about the game is 3v3 and 4v4 aren't that much fun. It's a mad rush for Soviets to spam the IMO overpowered Su-85 supported by Guards / Scripts / Shocks and Germans just try to tech to Panthers or P4s. Big team games are generally won in the first 10 mins based on the side with the majority of the fuel since thereafter it's just armor rolling on armor and given the power and cost efficiency of the Su-85 (plus one player can go T-34s and ram), the Soviets usually come out ahead.

This is assuming you don't have a few 45+ German players rolling out Opel trucks to capped fuel points... then you end up with Panther spam. It's really really hard to get good matchmade games 3v3 or 4v4.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    Big team games are generally won in the first 10 mins based on the side with the majority of the fuel since thereafter it's just armor rolling on armor and given the power and cost efficiency of the Su-85 (plus one player can go T-34s and ram), the Soviets usually come out ahead.
    ? Fuel control is key of winning since CoH, not sure what you are complaining about. Furthermore Panther is simply waste of time; get a few Sturg and push begins.

Nevins's Avatar Semper Gumby
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    Probably one of the guys who just drives his tanks up and let's them start shooting at one another with zero micro or effort. Obviously COH 2 is nowhere in the realm of simulation so it's really stupid to expect a high level of realism.

The only thing bothering me about the game is 3v3 and 4v4 aren't that much fun. It's a mad rush for Soviets to spam the IMO overpowered Su-85 supported by Guards / Scripts / Shocks and Germans just try to tech to Panthers or P4s. Big team games are generally won in the first 10 mins based on the side with the majority of the fuel since thereafter it's just armor rolling on armor and given the power and cost efficiency of the Su-85 (plus one player can go T-34s and ram), the Soviets usually come out ahead.

This is assuming you don't have a few 45+ German players rolling out Opel trucks to capped fuel points... then you end up with Panther spam. It's really really hard to get good matchmade games 3v3 or 4v4.
    CoH has never been balanced for anything above 2v2. Even that was pushing it.
    Client of the honorable Gertrudius!

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    ? Fuel control is key of winning since CoH, not sure what you are complaining about. Furthermore Panther is simply waste of time; get a few Sturg and push begins.
    As Nevins point out, it isn't automatic win in smaller games like it is in big team games. That was my point.

Also I never see Stugs. Ever.

Game is pretty much about MP and grindfest. Especially the bulletins, where it's about grinding yourself retarded with a specific unit doing specific things, and the reward? You get to do the exact same thing with a slight bonus, assuming you bother to do it again at all.

Oh yeah and most of them can only be used in like 30 levels ahead of your current level, and being able to unlock the ability to, well, unlock them. Most of the bonuses are like an additional 2%, which means little unless you stack, which means you will have to commit to those specific units in the upcoming match.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Which is why I just continue playing the game. I use bulletins as a mind. I grab things for a strategy I don't use. They can see your bulletins on the loading screen and if they're any good they'll plan accordingly.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.