Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes 2

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Company of Heroes 2

Quote Originally Posted by eizo View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8
    This sort of is going on and on and on from Enemy At The Gates and Hollywood fascination with burning farts to COD BS to now COH 2 and the Russians are quite rightfully sick of it.
    I skim over the video because I am totallly not going to watch half hour of that.

He does shows insight to the war, i ll guve him that. but he does seems to overexaggatre sometime. Like calling relic employee nazis...

If one could summarize it, I would like that.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary Crusader View Post
    I skim over the video because I am totallly not going to watch half hour of that.

He does shows insight to the war, i ll guve him that. but he does seems to overexaggatre sometime. Like calling relic employee nazis...

If one could summarize it, I would like that.
    Basically he points out the overall presentation of the campaign is rather weird and bit ridiculous (if hilarious too because of it, IMHO; the THICK HUSSKHY RUSSHKHY ENGELISH ACCSCHENTS does no favours either) while essentially whitewashing them as irrelevant and turns the tables around to the usual “Churmans were bad mmkay?” It doesn't get anywhere near point where Russians would eat babies and their eyeballs afterwards, but given the weirdly arbitrary war crime sequences which pops up every now and then with the said HUSSHKY RUSSHKY ENGELISH dialog and you're just watching them happen does raise some questions of the presentation itself, and then witnessing the same scene argued over and over again in retrospect because of the narrative itself with quite hamfisted “USSR was bad mmkay?” tone to everything.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This sort of is going on and on and on from Enemy At The Gates and Hollywood fascination with burning farts to COD BS to now COH 2 and the Russians are quite rightfully sick of it.
    What Russia needs to learn is that you can't go around murdering more people than Hitler and pretending it never happened a mere 6 decades later. That's an insult to both history and the victim's families and nobody will stand for that.

If Russians are so sick of it they should just come to terms with the past, apologize and move on (sort of like what Germany did) instead of remaining mired in the old soviet propaganda (like the guy in the video is doing).
    As long as Russia tries to pass fabrications for truth, people will continue to talk about it, it's that simple.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; January 19, 2014 at 11:33 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

COH2 is exaggerating , I mean for god sake you burn RUSSIAN civilians during game , to stop germans , like what the hell ?

I think relic is not defendable on this one ,the campaign is just a bunch of ridiculous stereotypes that people buy without a second thought .
    You can't go around murdering mire people than Hitler and then pretending it never happened.

If Russians are so sick of it they should just come to terms with the past, apologize and move on (sort of like what Germany did) instead of remaining mired in the old soviet propaganda (like the guy in the video is doing).
    As long as Russia tries to pass fabrications for truth, people will continue to talk about it, it's that simple
    The way you wrote that makes it look like every single Russian makes Hitler look like a small time bully . Stallin did send people to gulags but nobody can convince me that the Red Army killed it's own solders and civilians for laughably incomprehensible reasons and during a ING WAR .
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 19, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

Sir Adrian
    What Russia needs to learn is that you can't go around murdering more people than Hitler and pretending it never happened a mere 6 decades later. That's an insult to both history and the victim's families and nobody will stand for that.
    Russia as you so nicely put it, has nothing to learn from nobody especially from somebody who can vomit forth a stupid claim like this one.I wont bother dealing with it, but it does show how kids who get their history from games and Hollywood movies can be easily manipulated into epic stupidity.

Crap like this is one of the main reasons why players (of whom good part are younger audience) should not be exposed to moronic pro-nazi sentiment in video games. When you have movies, games and everybody around you teaching you that Soviet soldiers (Soviet Union and Russia are two similar but different things) were going around lighting farts and burning their soldiers and civilians just for and giggles then you get people who view history like this.

I would love to see a game in which US soldiers are shot by MP detachments because they are not members of the republican/democratic party. This is the level of stupidity that is being presented in the videos games today.
    I samo dotle, do tog kamena,do tog bedema,
    Nogom ces stupit, mozda poganom,drznes li dalje?...Cuces gromove
    Kako tisinu zemlje slobodne...Sa grmljavinom strasnom kidaju;
    Razumeces ih srcem strasljivim...Sta ti sa smelim glasom govore,
    Pa ces o stenja tvrdom kamenu
    Brijane glave teme celavo
    U zanosnome strahu lupati...
    Al' jedan izraz, jednu misao,
    Čućeš u borbe strašnoj lomljavi:
    "Otadžbina je ovo Srbina!..."

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Russia as you so nicely put it, has nothing to learn from nobody especially from somebody who can vomit forth a stupid claim like this one.I wont bother dealing with it, but it does show how kids who get their history from games and Hollywood movies can be easily manipulated into epic stupidity.

Crap like this is one of the main reasons why players (of whom good part are younger audience) should not be exposed to moronic pro-nazi sentiment in video games. When you have movies, games and everybody around you teaching you that Soviet soldiers (Soviet Union and Russia are two similar but different things) were going around lighting farts and burning their soldiers and civilians just for and giggles then you get people who view history like this.

I would love to see a game in which US soldiers are shot by MP detachments because they are not members of the republican/democratic party. This is the level of stupidity that is being presented in the videos games today.
    The Soviet Union was brutal, they killed their own people.They marched through Eastern Europe burning, pillaging and raping.And after everything was over they created autonomous regions out of everything they conquered.

Don`t compare the USA with the SU.

Just because the SU isn`t shown as a flowerpower country doesn`t mean that it`s pro-nazi.

That was the last thing we needed, a game portraying the Soviets as liberators and peace bringers.What the hell is next?THe Nazis were just misunderstood?

If you don`t like the game, don`t f---ing play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    Basically he points out the overall presentation of the campaign is rather weird and bit ridiculous (if hilarious too because of it, IMHO; the THICK HUSSKHY RUSSHKHY ENGELISH ACCSCHENTS does no favours either) while essentially whitewashing them as irrelevant and turns the tables around to the usual “Churmans were bad mmkay?” It doesn't get anywhere near point where Russians would eat babies and their eyeballs afterwards, but given the weirdly arbitrary war crime sequences which pops up every now and then with the said HUSSHKY RUSSHKY ENGELISH dialog and you're just watching them happen does raise some questions of the presentation itself, and then witnessing the same scene argued over and over again in retrospect because of the narrative itself with quite hamfisted “USSR was bad mmkay?” tone to everything.
    Thank for the summarize.

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to understand (Maybe my reading comprehension is not so good today), but I didn't see the "USSR was evil" tone.

Sure, the main character (Who cares for men and all that) despises the actions made by the another Russian officer (who believe to stop the Germans at all costs and so on), but he doesn't hate (or at least shown) the USSR per se.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vitiated Mind View Post
    COH2 is exaggerating , I mean for god sake you burn RUSSIAN civilians during game , to stop germans , like what the hell ?
    I have to say though, it was weird.

By weird, I mean, it only happens ONE TIME and nobody said anything about it nor did anyone notices. Not to mention when you do get to burn the other houses, there's no people inside.

Crap like this is one of the main reasons why players (of whom good part are younger audience) should not be exposed to moronic pro-nazi sentiment in video games.
    Anti-Russian, would be a more appropriate term.

Pro-nazi? They don't show them in a great light. In later campaige missions they mention the Germans classifying the Poles as subhuman and send them to camps. Hardly Pro.
    Last edited by Arbitrary Crusader; January 19, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Thank for the summarize.

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to understand (Maybe my reading comprehension is not so good today), but I didn't see the "USSR was evil" tone
    I think the problem is I altered the sentence a bit before I posted and it ended up being more confusing than I intended - my bad there - but what I was trying to say is that towards the end, the retrospective part of the story combined with some shoddy research\details by the developer's end gave that kind of impression to me. Same could be extended to the dialog and voice acting, since IMHO if it was actually in russian and slightly altered overall presentation would not come off as Z-quality 80s Red Scare film with borderline cliched take on horrors of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    I think the problem is I altered the sentence a bit before I posted and it ended up being more confusing than I intended - my bad there - but what I was trying to say is that towards the end, the retrospective part of the story combined with some shoddy research\details by the developer's end gave that kind of impression to me. Same could be extended to the dialog and voice acting, since IMHO if it was actually in russian and slightly altered overall presentation would not come off as Z-quality 80s Red Scare film with borderline cliched take on horrors of war.
    Alright, that makes more sense. I can't said anything about near the end part, as I actually trying to beat it, right now.

As for the voice acting, I thought it was ok. Alright, some of the Russians sounds so... odd. I mean the guard rifle squad sometime just changes accents so bad, that to me, they sound like a british James Bond at times.

But in all, on the voice deprament, none of them were chringe worthy imo.

ShockBlast
    The Soviet Union was brutal, they killed their own people.
    Soviet Union went from feudal system of Romanov's where almost 90% of the population were agrarian, where less the 19% of the population was urban to world power in less then 40 years with several revolutions and conflicts at the time. if you think that can go without massive sacrifice then i really don't know how to explain it to you.
    Far from the fact that Stalin and all the communist ideas were amazing and great but the ups that they did were mistakes not well thought out ideas on how to wipe out Soviet population.

They marched through Eastern Europe burning, pillaging and raping.
    Germans were marching trough Europe bringing flowers, toys, money, free drinks and an occasional free blowjob to all the nations they visited. This is why Russians returned the favor, at a much lesser level one might add.
    Don`t compare the USA with the SU.
    I will.
    Just because the SU isn`t shown as a flowerpower country doesn`t mean that it`s pro-nazi.
    Soviet Union is portrayed as a state whose sole reason of existence is to wipe out it's own people and lose WW2 while there is basically no mention of German/Axis war crimes which were systematic, well planed and enforced all over the world.

THe Nazis were just misunderstood?
    This is what relic just tried to show to people. Because in this game Soviets are effectively worse then nazis.
    If you don`t like the game, don`t f---ing play it.
    Played it, and i am expressing my opinion about that piece of . if you don't like it, don't read it.

Arbitrary Crusader
    I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to understand (Maybe my reading comprehension is not so good today), but I didn't see the "USSR was evil" tone.
    Have you seen the part where Soviet forces execute Polish resistance members, or where they shoot soldiers for helping soviet officer, or where they burn soviet poeple alive in houses, or where they burn soldiers alive ?
    Anti-Russian, would be a more appropriate term.

Pro-nazi? They don't show them in a great light. In later campaige missions they mention the Germans classifying the Poles as subhuman and send them to camps. Hardly Pro.
    If you don't know much about history and you play this game, Nazis look like a lot better solution then the Soviet soldiers.
    Last edited by eizo; January 19, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

[QUOTE=eizo;13574387]
    Arbitrary Crusader

Have you seen the part where Soviet forces execute Polish resistance members, or where they shoot soldiers for helping soviet officer, or where they burn soviet poeple alive in houses, or where they burn soldiers alive ?
    Not the first one yet. For the shoot soldier for helping soviet officer, yeah, that was dick move. But remember that was by one guy who order such a thing. Beside, The USSR isn't all that bad then if we remeber that one soldier did convice part of an army to help out the offericer in the first place. So mixed, to me.

Yeah, im not going to defend that burning the people in that ONE home was not kewl. It kinda werid, as the rest of the homes did not contain anyone else. As for burning soldiers, I don't remeber or hand't seen it yet.

If you don't know much about history and you play this game, Nazis look like a lot better solution then the Soviet soldiers.
    Huh?

You're going have to explain that last part a bit more to me.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

WWII Eastern Front was simply two bad leftist apples trying to punch eachothers to death to claim supremacy of leftism, no idea why Allies did not just let those two killed eachothers.

Huh?

He wants to be liberated by penis and vodka.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; January 19, 2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Arbitrary Crusader
    Huh?

Game forces on you a twisted and delusional image of Soviet soldiers as complete animals/idiots/sociopaths while compared to them nazis look perfectly fine as none of their brutal crimes are portrayed in game. This sort of stupidity leads to the old theory "communists and nazis are the same thing" crap which most morons simply adore.

hellheaven1987
    He wants to be liberated by penis and vodka.
    That's it, consider yourself kicked out of the communist party. Hand over your membership card and the vodka, you can keep the penis.

Game forces on you a twisted and delusional image of Soviet soldiers as complete animals/idiots/sociopaths while compared to them nazis look perfectly fine as none of their brutal crimes are portrayed in game.
    To be fair, Soviet soldiers did behavior like barbarian horde as they needed to heavily rely on foraging in order to survive; furthermore the official policy of pillaging everything did not help the already bad image of Soviet military at all.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Game forces on you a twisted and delusional image of Soviet soldiers as complete animals/idiots/sociopaths while compared to them nazis look perfectly fine as none of their brutal crimes are portrayed in game.
    Again, it isn't always that.

While some do show brutality, mostly people from higher ranks like officers, (Executing men who retreat, not caring about their man, and so on), there's another part of soldiers that show the opposite (The soldier who convince a part of an army to save a fellow officer, soldiers that care about their leader, and so on).

As for the Nazi thing, come on, this campaign is based on the Soviet. They don't go into much for the Germans because... the focus is in the Soviet.

And they do mention their crimes. In one of the missions, they mentions the Germans view Poles as subhumans and put them into camp.
    Last edited by Arbitrary Crusader; January 19, 2014 at 05:46 PM.

It's really sort of awkward the way they portray the Soviets as being callous and "evil" if you like, while the German enemy (who did quite a bit of nasty things over there in the U.S.S.R. and that was probably the understatement of the week right there) is generally bland enemies...not even portrayed as evil as such, just...the guys you have to kill to complete the mission.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

And they do mention their crimes. In one of the missions, they mentions the Germans view Poles as subhumans and put them into camp.
    What they did not mention is that Soviet was same as Nazi regarding Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    It's really sort of awkward the way they portray the Soviets as being callous and "evil" if you like, while the German enemy (who did quite a bit of nasty things over there in the U.S.S.R. and that was probably the understatement of the week right there) is generally bland enemies...not even portrayed as evil as such, just...the guys you have to kill to complete the mission.
    To be fair though, Isengard Uruk-hai is more interesting than Mordor Orc.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; January 19, 2014 at 07:01 PM.

Arbitrary Crusader

As for the Nazi thing, come on, this campaign is based on the Soviet. They don't go into much for the Germans because... the focus is in the Soviet.
    The campaign is based on Eastern Front, how does that not include the Germans and the other Axis members present as well ?
    Is the name of the game Company of Soviet Heroes 2 ?

In the game that is focused on the Soviets as you say, you simply go from one massive delusion and manipulation to another. But you are right in a way, this game portrays Soviets exterminating Soviets most of the time with few Germans walking around, being very cold.

The whole thesis of Soviet soldiers being a traveling band of cowards being herded around by a sociopatic band of NKVD officers is simply appalling.

Yea that was the high point of German crimes in WW2, they made a hurtful statement towards Polish people...

Biggles
    Not only that, on one side you have Soviet soldiers (mostly referred to as Russian) who are cowards/morons/cattle/maniacs and on the other you have also Russians (Russian Liberation Army) and it seems that 90% of Germans forces are composed of RLA in game. Basically a subtle hint at this notion that even the crimes "German" side did commit were probably committed by Russians as well cause you know all Russians are vodka drinking bear riding maniacs with AK's.

hellheaven1987
    What they did not mention is that Soviet was same as Nazi regarding Polish.
    You are walking a fine line between classical trollish hellheaven1987-ish humor which we all love, to sheer moronic morbid stupidity with this claim. I think you are aiming at the first one.

Stalin ordered (almost 100% sure that he did) the execution of all Polish officers and high tier officers at Katyn, he even had to hide it from most of the Soviet state at the time. Most Soviets considered them personally responsible for the crimes against Soviet prisoners during the conflict in 1914-1924-1925 in which Poles let between 17000 to 30000 Soviet prisoners die in POW camps from disease and starvation and at the same time saw them as a direct threat to communist Polish state. There was no plan to exterminate Polish people nor any other for that matter.

The plan was to create a Polish state ( which in effect had limited independence like most elements in Soviet block) not wipe out the Polish people.

On the other hand Nazis organized and planned and later led a full systematic campaign of extermination of all the nations the considered as subhuman. Note that Soviet Union suffered over 30 MILION deaths and that almost half of that were civilians that Nazis exterminated. The sheer devastation that Polish people had to suffer from the hands of the Nazis is mind boggling and the only reason why hitler and the gang didn't have to to finish their plan of complete extermination of Polish people was because they started a massive war with the Soviets.

Btw i don't think that that fat commie had any right to either invade Poland for whatever reason he did it, or execute all those Polish people and i am not justifying him in any way.

To be fair though, Isengard Uruk-hai is more interesting than Mordor Orc.
    Saruman had time, resources and his ing body to create an army.
    All Sauron had was his ing EYE, and he still made a bigger army. Saruman was a camper and he wore a dress. Deal with it.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I sense Russian butthurt.

I wish I could finish the campaign without the game crashing randomly on me. No, wait, this is the only game that apparently causes my PC to bluescreen!

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

You are walking a fine line between classical trollish hellheaven1987-ish humor which we all love, to sheer moronic morbid stupidity with this claim. I think you are aiming at the first one.
    It would be a troll attempt if it is not true.

And more examples.

Saruman had time, resources and his ing body to create an army.
    All Sauron had was his ing EYE, and he still made a bigger army. Saruman was a camper and he wore a dress. Deal with it.
    It is fun to see someone try to justify Soviet Mordor is superior than Nazi Isengard.

Edit: The burning village may be inspired by this and this, and lets put a final nail on this subject.

I am glad my country was strong enough to liberate itself instead by Soviet D. and Vodka.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; January 19, 2014 at 08:43 PM.