View Poll Results: DO YOU SUPPORT EBII? (click on the results to see all users who voted, and their choice)

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do!

199 92.99%
  • No.

15 7.01%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: "I support EBII and the dev's great work" - Vote now!

Default Re: "I support EBII and the dev's great work" - Vote now!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    Seriously just ignore Delra, he comes and trolls our forums every few months. Nothing you can say will change his opinions, he just likes to argue.
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I've also heard of people who create useless threads with the obligatory poll.
    I've also heard of people who post in threads (with obligatory polls!) they don't like - after voting there:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Gotcha!

But now seriously... to a certain extend, I get your point and agree. I simply started this thread to give any fan a chance to "sign up", rather than intending to have an actual poll. The initial post highlights that quite clearly - at least from point of reckoning.

PS (not @Ferdiad): And - as I can see cleary now - trolls, naggers, folks with personal issuses... ( -> people who prefere putting down others, than actually contributing themselves) use this as an oppurtunity to exhaust whatever (real) personal issues have build up...
    Isn't it odd, that the actual modders here at the TWC (more or less) never mock each other, whereas non-modders/'non-contributionators' try to pit them against each other?

I can only agree with bobbin - and may add that insulting, provocative and complacent trolls (with perhaps problems with their own RL-sense of self-worth) are a nuisance, but really no help to any mod team here at the TWC or wherever.

I don't want to get flamed about this, but just as a thought for those impatient about EBII.
    EB1 was and still is a very very impressive Mod, accurate as far as it can be, and beautifully realised using the ROME engine. Aside from graphics and eye-candy there is not a huge amount of difference between Rome and M2TW (aside from the pope), now, here is the bit to think about.
    While EBII has been in the planning stage, the Rome engine has undergone a fairly sizeable leap in performance and appearance mostly through the work of the Roma Serrectum team. In most play throughs I've been left slack jawed at how cool it looks and plays and by their own admission the M2TW engine is mostly a tweaked Rome engine anyway.
    Recently, the RSII team have offered their discoveries to all modders. While we wait for EBII, how difficult would it be to import in the environments , special effects and presentation to EB1.
    This way we would all, in effect be playing the great EB mod, with what is essentially the M2TW engine anyway.
    Just a thought...

Campidoctor

Although the M2TW engine is basically RTW mk2 there is still plenty of differences that make working on it tougher but more rewarding.

As for incorporating bits of RS2 into EB that is some the fans will have to do, the team is too busy on EBII. I know for certain that there has been a RS2 environments submod for EB around for a while, have a look in the submod forums. AFAIK the special effects are the result of a 3rd party post processing tool, you get them for a lot of games these days, we might have something similar in EBII.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Raja View Post
    (...) how difficult would it be to import in the [RSII] environments (...) to EB1.
    RSII environments are already available for EB1, thanks to Hannibal Smith and of course the RSII team itself: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...php?t=518308#5

Thanks so much, although I feel a bit foolish for not looking myself, I'm off to download and play EB once more !!

John Haukewood's Avatar Tiro

Not going to lie--I voted mostly because I wanted to see if anyone would actually vote 'no' on this.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    -H.L. Mencken

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

You can view poll results without voting.

Correct! Both the poll question and the OP actually state that. If anyone cares to read them...

And afaics from the 12 "no-voters" at least alin, gustave and bobbin are EB members (perhaps missing a "Ahh, who cares" or "I'm team member, dude" option).
    And, at least, Future Filmmaker is actually an EB supporter - iirc (who probably voted against the pole rather than the team, I guess).

Or they could be just messing around.

Aren't we all just messing around?!

Except for the devs, who are actually doing real mod-work?!

PS: Ferdiad, your are my pal!

Are you intentionally misinterpreting my posts or something?

Well, to be honest... now as you seem to be purely fishing for compliments, I'd say your misinterpreting my posts...PS: Looks like your quite a bit high-handed!
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; May 27, 2012 at 08:59 PM.

You have no idea what we're talking about do you...

I see trolling, name calling and no remains of a topic to speak of. Not particularly good prospects.
    I expect a moderator will lock this one unless the thread improves radically.
    -Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EB is the main reason why I'm enjoying TW. Call me old-school, but EB is simply a great game (and source for historic infos)! There are other good mods for sure, but EB is such a great piece of work, kudos!

So of course I support EBII! No doubt.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

I just joined the majority in this vote I wish all the best to the EB team.

This poll is pointless. Who honestly doesn't support the work they do?
    The game.

Since I got tired of the medieval ages i was looking for a mod that takes m2tw back to ancient rome and accidently stumbled upon this thread..
    after reading all those comments - Phew! - guys, please stop this, don't take this personally, it's a waste of time.
    Everyone whoever modded or tried himself in this knows how time consuming(and sometimes frustrating) it can be and will appreciate the work done by modding teams.

Of course I would also appreciate a fast release of your mod since right now I'm keen on it , but until then I'll stick to other ancient mods out there(i.e. EBI rtw), and be patient..

And about the fans that will be frustrated:
    Everyone has his own focus on diffrent aspects of the game and would love to see them implemented. so there will always be people more or less satisfied with your work and there's no way to satisfy everyone. it would be a lifetime job, and even then...

PS: I don't know anything about the composition of your team, but if it's true that you lack good scripters/modders, then maybe an alpha or whatever you would call it - release may spark interest in your mod and bring in new modders.. (just a thought)

Anyway, I'm launching EB I, and I will definitely enjoy it!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I support the work, I just voted 'no' for the sheer stupidity of the poll.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well, it could be not so stupid, if more people have voted. Then we could say, it shows (not precisely) how many people will surely play EB2. But, since the number is small, it became useless.

Because we know that the whole solar system awaits for the glorious Europa Barbarorum 2.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345