View Poll Results: DO YOU SUPPORT EBII? (click on the results to see all users who voted, and their choice)

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do!

199 92.99%
  • No.

15 7.01%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "I support EBII and the dev's great work" - Vote now!

Default "I support EBII and the dev's great work" - Vote now!

This is a public vote for everyone that wants to show his/her support for EBII.

-----

Clicking on the results will show what option you voted for - which also gives our most esteemed EBII dev's a chance to see who of us TW/TWC junkies appreciates the immense work they do in their spare time to deliver us the successor of the great EB1 - and it's even free of charge!
    Last edited by Casual Tactician; April 30, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: "I support EBII and the dev's great work" - Vote now!

I wonder if someone will vote "no"!

This work right here is one of kind and will be the closest to any historic sense of what we know from classic antiquity, why would anyone say no to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    I wonder if someone will vote "no"!
    some will doubtlessly fall for the temptation of voting simply to piss off people. Like purposefully answering wrong on a rhetoricall question.

its a bit disheartning that all those who voted no are actually part of the EB team. just for that am gonna make a "when will it be released?" thread.
    Last edited by sinner; May 03, 2012 at 05:35 PM.

KINGS AND PAWNS, EMPERORS AND FOOLS...

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post
    its a bit disheartning that all those who voted no are actually part of the EB team. just for that am gonna make a "when will it be released?" thread.
    maybe they are doing it as a joke?
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

That's why you need a 'Gah!' option or similar.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by sinner View Post

delra's Avatar Praepositus

I don't. I think this project is horribly organized and headed nowhere. Even if they ever release anything playable, it'll be so many years from now on that then-ancient M2TW engine (especially the AI) will ruin it anyway. Best case scenario, EB2 will be a warning to others.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    I don't. I think this project is horribly organized and headed nowhere. Even if they ever release anything playable, it'll be so many years from now on that then-ancient M2TW engine (especially the AI) will ruin it anyway. Best case scenario, EB2 will be a warning to others.
    and what do you know about the team's organization ?

Bob Doad's Avatar Primicerius

didnt u also vote no...wait...hold on now im confused
    O and i nom nom nom on rep so yea...click the button...im waiting
    Promoter of:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    and what do you know about the team's organization?
    I know you have a crowd of history teachers writing long essays about ancient history, and very few people who can actually mod those essays properly into the game. There's a reason why you show so little of your work, you don't have much more to display than walls of pointless text. And the quality of work shown so far, models being the best example, is way below what other mods have done for M2TW. You will release late, probably past M2TW's lifetime (if ever), and you won't be able to support and patch your work, so another year or two will be spent by the remainder of your fans complaining about CTDs in this forum while your apathetic team can't organize itself around providing QA for them.

You can hate me or troll me (please, bigger image, let everyone scroll past your lack of argument every time they open the thread), but you know I'm right even if you don't want to admit that publicly. In the end I can just ask you to release alpha version and show us what you have so far, the world wouldn't end if you did that and you wouldn't even be the 100th modding team to ever do so. Your answer to that will be "we can't we won't", and I know you can't and won't , because you have nothing to show after good 5 years of the project. Which is exactly my point, you are making this thing longer than it took to defeat the nazis... Even too long for Foot to stick around and see the end of it, even your glorious leader lost hope and left without a goodbye, isn't that a sign of something?

EB2 isn't the first project I witnessed to sink like that. I just pity those poor kids waiting here for a release (who should be waiting for the 2nd or the 3rd patch instead anyway). But then again, maybe fanboyism and living in denial makes them happy? :-)

Nothing but love and support from me. EBI is in the top ten on my "Gaming experience" list. When this comes out it's going to go into the batch which at the moment is Stainless Steel, Third Age, and The Last Kingdom. Can you make an 11/10 even better? It appears so.
    "Some people live to be role models, I live to be a horrifying example" - Kĺre Valebrokk (R.I.P.)

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

I know you have a crowd of history teachers writing long essays about ancient history, and very few people who can actually mod those essays properly into the game. There's a reason why you show so little of your work, you don't have much more to display than walls of pointless text. And the quality of work shown so far, models being the best example, is way below what other mods have done for M2TW. You will release late, probably past M2TW's lifetime (if ever), and you won't be able to support and patch your work, so another year or two will be spent by the remainder of your fans complaining about CTDs in this forum while your apathetic team can't organize itself around providing QA for them.

You can hate me or troll me (please, bigger image, let everyone scroll past your lack of argument every time they open the thread), but you know I'm right even if you don't want to admit that publicly. In the end I can just ask you to release alpha version and show us what you have so far, the world wouldn't end if you did that and you wouldn't even be the 100th modding team to ever do so. Your answer to that will be "we can't we won't", and I know you can't and won't , because you have nothing to show after good 5 years of the project. Which is exactly my point, you are making this thing longer than it took to defeat the nazis... Even too long for Foot to stick around and see the end of it, even your glorious leader lost hope and left without a goodbye, isn't that a sign of something?

EB2 isn't the first project I witnessed to sink like that. I just pity those poor kids waiting here for a release (who should be waiting for the 2nd or the 3rd patch instead anyway). But then again, maybe fanboyism and living in denial makes them happy? :-)
    So if the quality of our work is so bad and we produce only "walls of pointless text" (you do exactly the same here, btw ) why are you still here ? Just go away and do something useful of your life !

I'd rather see him helping out with the areas of the mod that still need attention. But of course, delivering speeches is always easier than doing something yourself

Considering delra's post history it seems he was once an EB fan and also played EB1 quite a bit. But his last posts that I came across here seem to suggest he's some kind of disappointed (or rather impatient) lover...

Anyhow, that above post is rather condescending and spiteful (towards both devs and fans), and I can't really see the point in it. It seems he isn't even a modder himself (which doesn't really matter anyway), though feels entitled to critisize, or rather insult, what other people do for free in their spare time for their own and their fan's delight. Really, it's ridiculous.

And btw: I'm no "poor kid", "fanboy" or "living in denial" - I simply appreciate the great work the devs are doing (and have done on EB1) and I tend to rather support modders and folks here at the TWC than to do somebody down. Regards!

PS: I love those "walls of pointless text" in EB. Great feature! And something that sets EB apart from other mods.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

crap.... why I clicked on NO..... darn, it should be yes... can someone change my vote....

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

I fail to see why you keep posting in these forums considering that, do you have a bone to pick with someone in the team or with the team in general. I really can't understand what is your problem is with people who prefer to spend some of their free time on such a project from which the community benefits or is it more noble what you are doing right now or have done in the past?
    You stated your opinion of this project, which btw doesn't bring anything constructive and are just speculations, every time you had the chance and it's really wasting our time and yours also.

So please just focus on those projects which quality is above ours and which are according to your vision and desires.

As for Foot's leaving we had Eb1 members who had serious real life issues, like cancer, which I really hope isn't the case now, who left w/o a notice and we found out about their problems later. So again I fail to see the point of that speculation, among with the other, or are you a good friend of Foot and know something more than we do?
    Last edited by alin; May 07, 2012 at 02:19 AM.

I think it's very constructive to sometimes remind them of reality, that they are making a game based on a specific quickly ageing engine which will reflect upon their final work regardless how much sweat and tears and essays they put into making it perfect. You can play some of EB1 even now (I still have it on my HDD), but AI declaring random stupid wars or being unable to be any challenging in the battlefield ruins that experience for you fairly quickly. There's a pile of similar inherent M2TW bugs and design flaws that make that engine and AI obsolete as a basis for a modern game more and more with every day that passes. What would be great 2-3 years ago, will only be mediocre in 2-3 years.

I watched pretty much all the major mods for M2TW raise to glory and now slowly fade away as people move on to other games and their engines. Compared to them, EB2 already started fading without ever raising.

I fail to see why you keep posting in these forums
    I don't, really. I don't care much for the TW games these days, CA ruined them for me somewhere around ETW and didn't manage to revive the interest with (still terrible) Shogun 2. I play the old mods every once in a while, and that's when I do the rounds through the forum checking what's the news (and in EB2's case there's typically only another collection of essays and another handful of models as news).

Mark my words, most of those fake fanboys who voted YES here will be cursing the team on the day of release because there's a bug or a CTD that ruins their experience. I saw it many many times with a thousand games. What's love now, will turn into hate the moment the mod is released, basically overnight. Giving people some perspective every once in a while should help against that. In my case you can count on the opposite, I will have much more patience when I see you release something worth seeing, even if it's broken on release.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast