Page 9 of 249 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    Most athiests only seem to take examples of extreme islam or extreme chrstianity for their arguments yet completely ignore the fact that there is thousands of other religions that don't follow that format.
    There are religions that don't even have gods in them and there are religions that have multiple gods. There are religions that teach you to be open and love everyone (which is actually something i was taught as a Catholic, that includes gay people).

It's actually a pretty ignorant thing to generalise every religion, which is ironic considering alot of athiests accuse religious people of being ignorant.
    "Take examples of extreme Islam and extreme..." When did I do that? I mentioned the founders of those two religions without any mentioning of their extremist segments. I also mentioned having one or SEVERAL gods, which clearly contradicts your interpretation that I am focusing solely on monotheistic religions.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

i say wtf to life how fast its going

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cadance View Post
    -Restaurants where the condiments and other items like that aren't put out for easy use. This mostly applies to fast food places,I guess. We had a McDonald's here were you had to go and ask for a refill. Thankfully they remodeled it 3 months ago.
    You do realise It's only America that offers refills to customers in restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Cadance View Post
    -The designs of buildings were I live. In Arizona it's simply "stucco,Mexican tile,sand or tan color." I understand the whole desert feel,they want to convey I guess,but still it's kind of boring.
    I live on the East Coast and whenever I visit family in California I am amazed by how cookie-cutter everything is! Down where I live in suburbia the houses are different. And they're actually two-stories! Neighborhoods have character, there are none of those massive city-style suburbs in which streets simply intersect at right angles over and over (and over.) Every house looks the same, all one story pueblo style abodes that cost a million dollars.
    How do you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by ALFAJI View Post
    i say wtf to life how fast its going
    you can say that again.

klesh's Avatar Senator

Bronies.

Seriously, wtf guys.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Yes, we bite.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    Bronies.

Seriously, wtf guys.
    Bronies are fine, however It's the people who obsess over it and that are truly wtf.

Dan the Man's Avatar S A M U R A I F O O L
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    is this true?
    Actually, it's stuff like this that makes me wonder whether or not Bronyism is just some kind of internet-wide political allegory.

"You must accept and tolerate Bronies and X, Y, Z other subcultures!"

EDIT: More stuff that makes me go WTF

-Fat kids with fatter backpacks who stop and stand in the middle of the hallway talking to their equally fat friends with equally fat backpacks. In other words, two-man roadblock.

-When people blame you for aforementioned roadblock just because you happen to be standing in front of them at the time.

-Little kids who scream, hit their parents, throw things, or any combination of the three, in public places.

-People who hate kids in general because of poor examples like the above.

-Have I mentioned freshmen yet? I believe I have, but I'll do it again.
    Last edited by Dan the Man; May 09, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of The Holy Pilgrim, the holiest of pilgrims.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

People that buy flowers for 15 Euros like every week orso, put them in a vase so it looks nicer in the house and then at the end of the month whine that they haven't got enough money. (my mom mainly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    You do realise It's only America that offers refills to customers in restaurants.
    IKEA has it too here.

My list :

- Mothers day AND Fathers day
    - Valentines day
    - Excessive holiday marketing
    - A movie used to market a car
    - Crappy movie merchandise
    - Little pansy cars that get 41 MPG but can't make it up a slightly wet hill
    - Mall girls who use "like" excessively and brag about spending 3 hours in a single clothing store
    - Nomophobes (people who can't live without a smartphone)
    - People who hate something simply because it's popular
    - The whole "I can't live without a bf/gf" mentality
    - Love songs that help continue or promote said mentality

And a few other things

When every Chinese / Asian restaurant in town tastes practically the same, with sticky sweet gooey sauces...

Vir Triumphalis's Avatar Senator

Short list:
    Beiber fans
    "Let's follow the trend" fans
    Superstition believers
    Religious fanatics
    Ignorant people
    Bad manners

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

any pop singer fans will do this....

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post

-People who brag about their ethnicity. Ex "Well I'm Russian(Kazakh, the Soviet Union has not fallen in their mind yet) Italian, Irish..."

-People who are proud of there ethnicity.
    - People who think that.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

People in the on coming lane who steal the parking space you were clearly waiting to take (being right behind the person leaving it) or even worse people in the on coming lane who out right cut you off to the space you were turning into (in your lane).

I'm trying to remain calm as I type this.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

People, who when upon losing an argument due to a point you just bought up will say: "Well I don't know anything about that." And expect you to take their admittance of ignorance as a reason to forfeit your point.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Idiots in my school who around thoughtlessly during class whose parents are doctors and lawyers yet when a teacher asks them how they are going to get through life without any qualifications they just shrug their shoulders and say "A dunno".

Meanwhile my dad is a taxi driver yet I know I'm going to be paying welfare for these spoiled brats before I know it meanwhile people say there should not be any welfare because of these spoiled brats whilst my physically disabled mum is reliant on state benefits.

Sometimes when I think about the sheer stupidity of the human race I could rip my hair out.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Recently:

-Women who throw their boyfriends (And other lovers) into train-wrecks while acting quite innocent about it and explaining they had little to do with it, and they had no choice but to do what they did... Despite being told from the get-go that this will end badly...
    Basically: Hypocrites.
    -People who view drinking as the epitome of fun without realizing what it is they drink and why... Drinking isn't the fun, nor is it the road toward it, it's a side effect of messing around with your friends.
    -People who do not act their age. If you're 20... Don't act 12.
    -Crybabies. If life is so bad, whining about it won't help.
    -My friends. And this will be emotional and mushy, so look away now! It strikes me as absolutely amazing how awesome these people are, and it baffles me what they're doing wasting their time with me.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.