Page 7 of 249 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

- The fact that the Justin Bieber song "Somebody to love" has several times more views than the Queen song "Somebody to love" (216,136,997 vs 20,613,882).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

People who actually like Justin Bieber.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

I wouldn't call them "people"

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

Vašarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Everyone that lives on a continent that begins with "A" except Australia.
    People who think Australia is a continent. (its Oceania for s sake!)

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Danish people.

Swedish People

Everything ever produced in Japan.

People saying French people are sissies
    All of this.

Dumb teenagers who think its cool to be dumb.

Older people who dont know anything about tecnology.

A lot of stuff that i would get to angry if i listed.

People who think everything that is not new is bad.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] žvķ aš meš lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi meš ólögum eyša.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaķth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    nķ įgor réimm mora minn
    dond lįechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Ketchup packets at fast food restaurants. Seriously why are they so difficult to open? Furthermore any food packaging or packaging in general which is hard to open. Also those boxes for T.V.s or things like that,where there is just a ridiculous amount of packaging. Broken locks in public restrooms too. Long lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Chrysalis View Post
    I call it "Australia and Oceania."
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Chrysalis View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_%28continent%29
    :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mag Shamhrįin View Post
    bronies (no offense, I find you guys quite peculiar)
    They aren't that bad... If I ever change my sexual orientation, I would know, who to contact for some fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mag Shamhrįin View Post
    Being called racist for disliking Obama (I might have called him a Nazi once or twice... )
    Adding: People who use derogatory words (Nazi and fascist especially) without any understanding of their meaning.
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; May 06, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

jsktrogdor's Avatar Protector Domesticus

While driving, when people signal....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When they're already merging

Honestly I'd prefer it if you didnt signal at all. It would upset me less.

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    Adding: People who use derogatory words (Nazi and fascist especially) without any understanding of their meaning.
    I was drunk and angry I know what they mean

Quote Originally Posted by jsktrogdor View Post
    While driving, when people signal....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When they're already merging

Honestly I'd prefer it if you didnt signal at all. It would upset me less.
    It's not the signaling alone that bothers me. I would prefer everyone signal, but when a presumably perfectly capable adult sits in their lane with the signal going as if those with the right away are suppose to yield so dumb can merge because they skipped the chance to speed up or get over before traffic got too close it's a WTF.

How uninformed some people are. I talked to some 13 year olds a while ago and they didn't know who Gandhi was. FRIKKING GANDHI. Are you kidding me? (sadly this group includes my sister. She thought Condoleeza Rice was a type of grain.)
    How people can like "pop" music. I myself know little about music but I know that stuff is awful.
    Idiots who think that not getting an education is OK because there are billionaires out there who never went to college. Yes, that's true...but they're all geniuses or extraordinarily clever. Are you? No? Then do your ing work.
    People who make drama with their friends, say they hate them, but still are friends with them.
    The new spongebob episodes. Oh God Why?
    Computers. I have no idea how they work. Whenever my dad pulls out his laptop and works (he's a software engineer) I get a headache just looking at that stuff. Seriously, how?!
    People who like McDonald's more than Cook-Out (a nice fast food joint where I live.) HOW CAN YOU LIKE MCDONALD'S?
    People who can't spell.
    People who have bad grammar. Not things like never splitting an infinitive or ending a sentence with a preposition (seriously, who cares about that?) but things like your in place of you're and they're their and there.
    People who can't write a proper sentence...in high school. I recently had to peer edit some of my classmates' papers...and they didn't seem to know when a sentence is supposed to end or even what a complete sentence ought to sound like.
    People who are obsessed with all things Japan. Nothing against the Internet's love of it, but I really am not too fond of modern day Japanese culture.
    People who play FPS's for hours on end. Really? Shooting a gun for hours on end is that fun? Maybe I say this because I suck at FPS's, but still.
    The extreme right. And the extreme left. And how everyone thinks that Europe is a land of milk and honey and the US sucks because it does. And that where they live is hell and everywhere else is amazing.
    People who don't watch Colbert.
    Brilliant musicians who are younger than me. I don't know if I hate them or love them, I just know I want to be them.
    People who can write music. I don't know why but I am TERRIBLE at it. Yet for some people it comes easy.
    People who seem to think that your race determines who you are. That being born and raised IN THE SAME COUNTRY THEY ARE FROM doesn't matter nearly as much as the fact that you have brown skin and your parents were raised in a foreign country a quarter century ago. And that saying "You're Indian" is a legitimate way to win a petty argument.
    Reality TV. this is a big one.
    People who think the US is inherently evil. Sure it's not exactly the epitome of morality but it's sure as hell not evil.
    Atheists who believe religion is evil because of bin Laden and the Crusades.
    Creationists.
    Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormonism. Mostly because it's funny.
    People who update their FB status every five minutes.
    Extremely athletic people. I mean this in admiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Atheists who believe religion is evil because of bin Laden and the Crusades.
    Religions aren't necessarily evil, but believing in one is incredibly stupid... Before I realized that, I used to look above for the solution to my problems (what can I say, I was a teen). After I realized that no one is looking out for us, I started to solve my own problems by using my inner motivation, my family and my friends.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man a religion and he will die, while praying for a fish to eat.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Koelkastmagneet's Avatar Vicarius

People that think they're establishing an identity by quoting quasi-philosophical statements, poems, rhymes, lyrics (FROM ING LINKIN PARK) or whatever and putting them somewhere they don't belong (facebook wall, status, twitter etc.)
    Religions aren't necessarily evil, but believing in one is incredibly stupid...
    I wouldn't say that, believing in any religion isn't any more irrational than believing in any philosophy or way of thinking that doesn't have any direct evidence to support it.

I can really not think of, say, any kind of philosophical theory that is inherently less irrational than most religions.

It's all about interpretation, a series of events, a set of rules that nature seems to abide by, for some it leads them to the conclusion that there must be a higher meaning to life, a creator, an afterlife etc. to others they represent proof of a certain guiding principle to life, humanity etc.: a philosophy, a choice of lifestyle.

Neither one is completely rational.

And I say this a lot, to a lot of people but here it still goes:

There have been more intelligent people than you who believed in religion, there are more intelligent people than you who believe in religion and in the future there will be smarter people than you who believe in religion.
    ☻ This is a random collection of symbols. He's tired of you abusing him.
    /▌\  Don't copy-paste this if you know what's good for you.
    / \

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    People who can't spell.
    How about people who can't spell and fail to use spellcheck?

Religions aren't necessarily evil, but believing in one is incredibly stupid...
    It just erks me every time I hear someone cut down good people simply because they keep a religious practice or faith in a God. Not everyone can or does seek a higher education in which they would be exposed to all the latest scientific theories, and to expect the common folk who are concerned with earning an honest living and raising their kids to be good citizens to all of a sudden drop whatever belief they were brought up into because "educated" people think it's a crap is rather ridiculous. This rules out the entire elderly generation of my family who were hardworkers, instilled good values in me and supported me though and through in part due to their beliefs.

To expect common folk to automatically jump on board and accept the latest scientific theories because that's the academic fad of the day is expecting them to have faith in something they know nothing about. In fact most of who do know better take the large body of scientific "evidence" on faith. We are not the ones doing the research, nor making the observations at best we're reading about someone else's convincing interpretation.

Add that to my list.
    Last edited by Armatus; May 06, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Thema Devia threads in danger of becoming really bad Ethos, Mores, & Monastica threads. (had to be said. too easy!)

EDIT: Add people who believe the West is inherently evil, ex my father. We were watching the news and it was discussing Hollande's election in France, and my dad says "If they're not careful they'll have a second Hitler. Europeans are crazy, they cause all our problems." I MEAN REALLY? Sure you can hate on colonialism all you want, but he actually believes that Europeans and white people in general are the sole cause of the world's ills, that Europeans have historically been the most violent and bloodthirsty of all people, that India and China (CHINA. ARE YOU KIDDING? A nation with one of the most violent histories in the world!) are superior to all others because they were historically far richer and more peaceful (PEACEFUL!) than Europe, that British people are arrogant douches who still think they rule the world, and so on. He believes that the West has given no philosophy or anything for the betterment of the world and the only thing it cares about is killing, and that India is the epitome of civilization. Yes, that place with the caste system and women burning with their dead husband's bodies. I am no scholar, but I know tons more about history than he does. I am amazed that he is blind to the fact that some of the world's greatest literature (in fact, most of it) came from Europe and the West.
    And the problem is tons of people think this way. And most are MUCH worse than he is.
    Last edited by Asterix; May 06, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My point is that, while pastries are delicious, they are not a factor in deciding whether or not to start a rebellion against the lord of the realm.
    do leave your name if you give me rep. i may just return the favor. maybe.
    please visit the Tale of the Week forum at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=802 for brilliant writing, people, and brownies. with nuts, if you prefer.

Everything about modern Japan makes me WTF ....

jsktrogdor's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    It's not the signaling alone that bothers me. I would prefer everyone signal, but when a presumably perfectly capable adult sits in their lane with the signal going as if those with the right away are suppose to yield so dumb can merge because they skipped the chance to speed up or get over before traffic got too close it's a WTF.
    Your referring to "letting someone in" & its considered common human courtesy.

Also thats not how the concept of "right of way" works. That makes it sound like you're entitled to that lane & can force others out of it.

I just remembered a bloody huge one.

When you bite into what you think is a chocolate chip cookie but it turns out to be oatmeal raisin!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by The Doubtful Guest View Post
    I just remembered a bloody huge one.

When you bite into what you think is a chocolate chip cookie but it turns out to be oatmeal raisin!
    The bane of my existence.

Quote Originally Posted by jsktrogdor View Post
    Your referring to "letting someone in" & its considered common human courtesy.

Also thats not how the concept of "right of way" works. That makes it sound like you're entitled to that lane & can force others out of it.
    No that's bs when they've got a stretch of lane a mile long to make their merge yet they continue to drive parallel with you forcing you to slow the entire lane down and yes I am well aware of merging traffic and I do let people in who are clearly making an effort otherwise I take it upon myself to avoid the entire situation and get over into the next lane over or speed up because they apparent would rather crash into someone than do the same.

But what I was really referring to is street traffic no so much exit/entry ramps where you do have the right of way and they expect traffic to just stop in the middle of forwarding moving vehicles, you can't just stop in the middle of the road and expect everyone to say okay I'll cause an accident because of this moron who is clearly living in their own world!