Page 6 of 249 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

I think she/he is talking about tolerating radicals, fundamentalists and the like.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    You mean tolerating people right? like a race of people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootaloo View Post
    I think she/he is talking about tolerating radicals, fundamentalists and the like.
    true, looking at how suicidal the lefties at Europe is make me WTF

sure, not all muslims are fanatical nutjobs, but tolerating those fanatical nutjobs in Europe? demand sharia and burqa? having their women don that ridiculous garments and get annoyingly loud sounds of adzan played five times a day for free? oh lol...

come on, I live in Indonesia and those things are severely forbidden here seriously, while in Europe, those fanatical nutjob muslims are reigning free because all those leftists are saying "tolerance".... while the usual, good muslim folks that aren't fanatical and stay law abiding are severely restricted because of those nutjobs....

it really make me go WTF

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by 43rdFoot View Post
    Evidence? Women still, on average, make less than men do in the same fields.

Evidence? Can you provide something hard to support that male on female sexism is less common as female on male sexism?
    On average, women working at the same jobs as men probably earn the same salary. The only example i've ever heard where women earn less is in Wal-Mart in the US. (someone on TWC told me but i can't remember who, sorry).
    Even that aside though, Britain is a very liberal country and i just don't think there's any need for feminism anymore because there generally isn't any difference now.

My point of reverse-sexism was a little extreme, i don't think it's really affected the professional level, it hasn't got that far yet. On a more social level, we're seeing far more women who generalise men and insult men and all that sort of thing which would be considered racism if it was a white person saying it to/about a black person.

Quote Originally Posted by 43rdFoot View Post
    Treating someone with "respect" is not the same as treating someone with equality. The "rape" part is not feminism, it's perjury.
    I know but my point is that women are generalising alot of men.
    To compare it to racism again, if a woman shouts at a black guy telling him to not steal her purse... she would be accused of racism.
    Why can't i accuse a woman of sexism if she accuses me of attempting to rape her?

The "minorities" now have the right to do to white men and say whatever they want about white men but if the white man says anything back, he's racist or sexist. My point basically being that we've gone from one extreme to the other.
    Last edited by Comrade_Rory; May 05, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

1) Childish people.
    2) People who like Chelsea FC.
    3) People who like Manchester City.

Honestly, I think all these three are somewhat related... But they all baffle me.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

On average, women working at the same jobs as men...
    The "minorities" now have the right to do to white men and say...
    It's a great subject for the Fight Club. I'd watch

Ok, cashier girls that hit on me at Walmart.

ok not really, I'm a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneckie View Post
    I believe he might have been referring to the learning curve in a typical paradox game. When I first played EU3 I was like "Wtf?".

Yeah exactly, lol. Sorry, I should have specified. I have nothing against Paradox Interactive, they make games that are fricken awesome if you're into that kinda stuff.

Just thought I'd post that because a couple months ago they had like all their games on sale on Steam in like a 20 buck bundle. I was all like:

"Well, a lot of TW people seem to like these games and this deal isn't going to be around forever, let's try em out."

I played EU: Rome first and I was like "ok, geez, this game is huge lol, tutorial could be a bit more in-depth, but let's go for it."

Then it's like playing Sim City on African Swallow, pop-ups everywhere, wars breaking out, marriages, senate stuff going on, a year going by like every 3 minutes. I was literally like "WTF?!" Hence me posting.

I'll have to try out those games again some time, but as of now, I am not intelligent enough, lol. Those games make TW look like Jump Start: Pre-K

That everything is so expense, even minor .

That the concept of "taking care of the customer" has apparently been lost to the majority of entities I've done business with over the last 10 years.

cupoftea's Avatar Vicarius

-People who fish.
    -People who like football.

People who don't flush.

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Sports.
    People who like sports.
    People who think I as a person am "un-American" or feminine for not liking sports.
    Sports "culture."
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Cadence's Compendium of Confusion

1st Issue

"It's like Rahl's Rants, but without the arguments!"
    Stuff Cadence doesn't like!

People who think all things made before 2000 is horrible.
    The idea that if you don't like dogs and worship them like demigods," you,your not human."
    People who find Screamo and other metal music and the like entertaining in any way,along with the music itself.
    People who think everything new has to suck.
    General ignorance in America of the rest of the world.(I will never forget,watching several friends of mine attempting to find England on a map back in the 8th Grade. Gosh darn England!)

People who find reading "boring" and books "dumb." you what is wrong with you!
    People who believe in and reinforce stereotypes of what people can and can't be.
    People who call me "white" or treat the words "white" or "black,even "brown" as a actually legitimate way to describe races.

Every show in existence on MTV. Along with the channel itself and the people who like it.

What reason does Lady GaGa have to be relevant in any way! Why? Why does she have a following? Why do I have friends who are always asking me to "Give it a try." Well guess what I did,she is the worst "artist" and entertainer ever. Shut up about her!
    Ultra anything. Ultra-radicals,ultra-liberals,ultra-nationalist,ultra shut the up your poltical opinion is the worst ever!
    Cartoon Network,Nickelodeon,pretty much every children and young adult channel in exsistence today.
    The modern day thinking of young people that stupid is funny and being apathetic and uncaring about everything is a legitimate way to get through life.
    Goths,emos,and anti-establishment people,who do so because they either feel like it gives them an identity or that it makes them unique. No it doesn't,it makes you look weird.
    Hot topic and all clothes from Hot Topic. Also the general way of dressing of people who go to Hot Topic. Black and red are not the only colors in existence.
    Country people,country music, country "livin." I'm sorry,but I have never seen the appeal of this culture or sub-culture or whatever they call themselves.
    Social conservatives that think that imposing there morality and ideals on greater society is a good form of government.
    The Westboro Baptist Church,people who think like them,and everyone who doesn't completly condemn them.
    Painfully stupid commercials,like those pseudo-racist PS3 ones with the black squirrels,or the infamous "Head On" which never actually tells you what it is.
    Those stickers that bookstores put on there books to tell you there "30% Off" or something. Generally stickers in general on products,due to the gummy residue that they will leave behind.
    Graffiti and graffiti "artists." Especially those who do so in public restrooms and you can't help but read there curses and look at there crudely drawn pictures of human body parts on the door,while using the restroom.

Adventure Time one of Cartoon Network's newest shows. It's based off the idea that random and weird is funny and it's popular among the Goth,Emo,"mainstream" American teenager society,so that just adds to my hate.

The fact that every person in the world who's had a dog thinks that,because of there "amazing life-changing experience" with it requires a book about there 7 year long "adventure" with a dog which became there "best friend,closest companion,third child,etcetera." If your learning the secrets of life,morality,and the universe from dogs you have a problem.
    The death of femininity among American women. Short hair,baggy pants,a ridiculous amount of piercing.(Earrings and whatever you call those rings in the ear are the only ones I find attractive.) Along with a general lose of grace and charm,and attempting to be "one of the guys."
    -The recent craze of supernatural fantasy. I don't have anything against the supernatural fantasy genre,but I don't like the way they did it,by making everything a love story. I heard there making a zombie romance novel.
    -The idea that you can make a movie out of anything. The Transformers series,Mirror Mirror,The Raven. Stop ruining things I like Hollywood!
    -The fact that there are advertisements everywhere. Before the DVD,in my novel,half the pages in the magazines. I don't want any of it.
    -The fact that news websites are so boring,I just skip to read people's comments and opinions,because there always more interesting.
    -Tiger parenting.
    -People who complain about everything in the media and entertainment industries as "immoral" or "unholy." Don't watch it then! The same thing for people who complain about art. Art and entertainment is not meant to have limits,but instead show the world and life in whatever way possible.
    -To go with the last two,parents who want to ban certain books. No...just no.
    -Toddlers & Tiaras.
    -TLC. It is so far from being the Learning Channel anymore.
    -Facebook
    -MySpace
    -Twitter
    -Social networking in general,even though I use it daily.
    -The Internet
    -The Internet's ability to waste hours of my time doing nothing.
    -My state Arizona.
    -My state's government.
    -SB 1070.
    -This whole "Mexican immigrant" scare.
    -"My" governor Jan Brewer.
    -The Ultra-Rights in the state government.
    Sports.
    People who like sports.
    People who think I as a person am "un-American" or feminine for not liking sports.
    Sports "culture."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Inkie; May 07, 2012 at 09:32 AM.

Looks like a compilation of yours and others?

People who think all things made before 2000 is horrible.
    did they remember to include themselves?

Ultra anything. Ultra-radicals,ultra-liberals,ultra-nationalist,ultra shut the up your poltical opinion is the worst ever!

Except for Ultraman

Country people,country music, country "livin." I'm sorry,but I have never seen the appeal of this culture or sub-culture or whatever they call themselves.

Now there's nothing wrong with country people in general, many of them are some of the nicest folks you'll meet and the country life might just be what you need to get away from a lot of these gripes

Social conservatives that think that imposing there morality and ideals on greater society is a good form of government.

Social conservatives are moderates, you're talking about the far right wing.

The death of femininity among American women. Short hair,baggy pants,a ridiculous amount of piercing.(Earrings and whatever you call those rings in the ear are the only ones I find attractive.) Along with a general lose of grace and charm,and attempting to be "one of the guys."

Oh there's no death of that, but rather a death of masculinity. This is the age of Androgyny, but I'm probably preaching to the choir.

-The idea that you can make a movie out of anything. The Transformers series,Mirror Mirror,The Raven. Stop ruining things I like Hollywood!

You can it's just who's making it, I want to see all my favorite cartoons as a kid made into movies.

-People who complain about everything in the media and entertainment industries as "immoral" or "unholy." Don't watch it then! The same thing for people who complain about art. Art and entertainment is not meant to have limits,but instead show the world and life in whatever way possible.

Now you did mention MTV?

-TLC. It is so far from being the Learning Channel anymore.

I think Tender Loving Care pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    1) Childish people.
    2) People who like Chelsea FC.
    3) People who like Manchester City.

Honestly, I think all these three are somewhat related... But they all baffle me.
    whoa whoa whoa whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Looks like a compilation of yours and others?

did they remember to include themselves?

Except for Ultraman

Now there's nothing wrong with country people in general, many of them are some of the nicest folks you'll meet and the country life might just be what you need to get away from a lot of these gripes

Social conservatives are moderates, you're talking about the far right wing.

Oh there's no death of that, but rather a death of masculinity. This is the age of Androgyny, but I'm probably preaching to the choir.

You can it's just who's making it, I want to see all my favorite cartoons as a kid made into movies.

Now you did mention MTV?

I think Tender Loving Care pretty much sums it up.
    Contrary to popular belief, my name is not Cadence.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

- Extremists of pretty much any kind.
    - Girls who don't want to have sex with me.
    - People who don't understand how people might not like something(food) just because everyone else loves it(discounting things like chocolate because SRSLY IT'S CHOCOLATE).
    - People who thinks about cats and are all like "meh".
    - Most people younger than me.
    - Swedes, Norwegians, etc.
    - People Who Capitalize Every Word In A Sentence.
    - Toddlers and Tiaras.
    - Movies which have been voiced over in a new language instead of being subbed. I hate being in Germany and trying to watch tv, only to find everything being spoken in German with no subtitles. It annoys me! Even if it's a Danish voice-over.
    - TV shows trying to prove UFO's or ghosts, where they spend an hour in some house when it's really dark and videotape everything. Then they watch the video and at some point some dust goes by the screen and they all start screaming about ghosts and (I've seen this, it sucked).
    - Feminazis. Feminism is cool but this is .
    - Most people who has ever been in a reality show, like Paradise Hotel and all that.
    - A bunch of other things that I can't remember right now.
    - People who aren't going to rep me right now.
    - People who claim McDonald's food tastes like . Screw you! It might be better for your health to drink a gallon of liquid fat, it still tastes like happiness and sex combined.
    Last edited by Cahoma; May 05, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    whoa whoa whoa whoa!
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Cahoma View Post
    - Feminazis. Feminism is cool but this is .
    fixed the link for you.

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm..

The religious right,
    Lady Gaga and her ilk,
    the Disney Channel,
    Deathcore/metalcore,
    being called racist for disliking Obama (I might have called him a Nazi once or twice... )
    Mexican immigrants that get mad at me for not knowing Spanish,
    Racists (all of them, including those that hate white people)
    the pastor at my mom's church... ing nutter
    Burnett's vodka
    running out of cigarettes
    randomly getting headaches
    fellow teenagers who expect their relationships to last past high school
    my inability to sleep
    people who get plastic surgery
    people who dislike things before they've even given them a chance

And:

bronies (no offense, I find you guys quite peculiar)

Oh! And Japan.

bronies (no offense, I find you guys quite peculiar)
    It is probably one of the more interesting phenomena in my time on TWC.. I guess I'm getting used to it.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

@Armatus I don't like MTV because I think it's immoral I just don't like it. And it's not really country "people" it's country "culture." Like the jeans,pickup trucks,music that sort of thing. It's just not my style. Social Conservatism as in this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_conservatism ,because a society based on one groups vision of morals is wrong. And again I don't like those channels,shows,etc. not because I found them morally unacceptable ,but due to dislike of there value as entertainment and culture.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte