Page 36 of 249 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445466186136 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

People not realizing globalization has become an overwhelming force, and the culture that broadcast it self the more and attract more masses (specially young people) will permeate and eventually dominate the rest... you do the math.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    People not realizing globalization has become an overwhelming force, and the culture that broadcast it self the more and attract more masses (specially young people) will permeate and eventually dominate the rest... you do the math.
    It's all because the world is orbiting USA currently. It all depends on who holds the hegemony.

But I wont submit. The hell I am going to celebrate a dates that have nothing to do with my country's traditions and history. We didn't do any treaties with native Americans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    Well it was originally a Celtic thing so... not Anglo
    Yeah, but the Anglo-tradition has adopted it.
    Last edited by The Kybrothilian; November 22, 2012 at 11:05 AM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I share Kybro's opinion on this matter.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

We should return to nations making individual treaties/contracts.

No umbrella legal/financial bodies. Treaties signed in 1946 for then current scenarios do not apply to my country at all right now. The lawyer class rule the day. Courts strike down legislation. Ha! The lawyers rule the country! Do well in your exams Johnny, become a lawyer. Make us proud. Debate to win. Do it for the reputation. Go get 'em boy!

America125's Avatar Civis

Icon7 Re: Things that make you go WTF

1- muslims 2 rudeness 3 people who always appear to be happy 20/7 4 when I mention a TW game and no one ever heard of it 5 sick ppl who come to school ( by sick I mean like having a cold ) 6 tree hugging librals (I dont care about democrats though ) 7 fat ppl 8 ppl who burst into other ppls buissness 9 plain stupidness ( no common sense ) 10 people who dont beleive in personal space 11 ppl who comment on everything 12 lazy cops 13 the game age of empires 14 ppl that think FL is warm all yr around 15 pot lucks ewwww btw stay on topic ppl
    Last edited by America125; November 22, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

People who believe that days has only 20 hours?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

People who complain about stupidity while spelling things incorrectly and using literally no punctuation.

Incidentally... it makes me go wtf that 90% of the people I went to school with, who apparently all have kids or are married (virtually none are married AND have kids) completely lack the desire to better themselves in any way what-so-ever. I mean, fair enough if they're happy but I reckon the only word any of them have ever posted in a status that has had every letter in it that it should is "A" and I regularly see them posting absolutely clueless things about stuff they blatantly don't understand.
    I mean, if I've ever said anything even remotely educated (and I'm a pretty average guy when it comes to intelligence) then I would usually get the reply "lol ur so weerd Ror".

Then another thing related to ^ those people. If they post a status... it could be about anything. There will always be some even more illiterate person who is apparently a friend of their parents saying something like "Hw r u luv? Cd u tel ur mum 2 ring me pls."
    WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ON THEIR STATUS?! IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Black Friday starting on Thursday night.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

America125's Avatar Civis

Icon6 Re: Things that make you go WTF

Don't be fooled by marketing tactics, the sales have been going on all week.

A month in advance well start hearing about Black Friday

By the time we're 2 to 3 weeks in companies are spamming us with all Pre-Black Friday deals.

Then once black Friday is over and there's still inventory the deals continue throughout the weekend after which we now see the creation of Cyber Monday because why not squeeze every last ounce out of that consumer momentum suck it up to the very last drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Potential Russian brides just wanting US citizenship.
    It's a trick, they are spies. Don't do it man.

A lot of "logic" applied in movies make me go WTF. Consistency isn't the strong suit of the film industry.

The cuts of World War Z, they took that awesome book and turn it upside down. The multi history approach was perfect and they could have used it to make several movies, but no!!!

Leader Exec: "Let's make our zombies different"
    Exec 1: "Like, ummmm, like running zombies!"
    L E: "Excellent idea, imagine the shock and awe people are going to feel when they see that those things that aren't supposed to even move ran at you to eat your face!"
    E 2: "Nah, it has been done to death already"
    L E: "Really? I couldn't tell, I barely watch movies or read books. As long we are on it, everyone already read this book? Right?"
    - Everyone look at each other with tension building up. Suddenly everyone star to laugh maniacally.
    E 1: "hahaha... good one boss.. .hahaha!"
    L E: "Ok, time to get serious guys..."
    E 1: "Sir what if we make the zombies... umm... kind of a snow avalanche"
    E 2: "Wait, what?"
    E 1: "Yeah, like, you know, they become like this huge conveyor belt made of flesh that eats people up... kind of like the blob, but with zombies... a conveyor blob made of zombies"
    E 2: "That's... "
    L E: "Brilliant! That's what it is! It's new, is edgy, is not totally stupid and illogical at all. Great work everyone! Now how many books are in this saga, you know we have to split the last one in two, but let's be edgy and split the last two in 4 parts. Of course that's not a totally money related decision"
    E 2: "Sir, it's a single book but actually it has different histories abo......"
    L E : "WHAT?? What do you mean it's a single book? Call somebody, they need to start writing right now! Damn it... and try to convince them to introduce some teen drama and a good looking guy to target the teen girl demographics... how the hell someone is so stupid to invest on a single book this days.."
    Last edited by Lord Baal; November 23, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Why after generations of frozen waffle production is the inner plastic bag too short to re-close? WTF.

The Twinkie factory going down! I mean, what the people? Why didn't somebody tried to save them? How the heck did they go bankrupt if those devilish things are so tasty and addictive??!

Well, I can describe myself as quite tolerable person but some things constantly repeating are quite annoying:

- People in the buses: Public transportation in the city where I study is organised with buses and besides sitting places there are more so called standing places. Also the bus normally has three doors (one entrance and two exit doors). Thing is that most people go thru entrance doors (especially when the driver don’t open all doors as rarely people exit on some stations) and just stop at the middle of the bus and won’t move further. What you get is terrible jam in the first part of the bus and half-empty or almost empty second part. So in the first half people almost stand on each other’s feet and when you manage to put enormous effort to get to the second part of the bus you will find free seats and few people here and then...

- Plumbing in my dorm: When you go to shower here you must be quite cautious or you will get nasty surprise. If someone flushes nearby toilet you will be burned with sudden flow of very hot water. Same thing if someone has got the water running at the sink; or you get cold water if water was running and someone has closed it.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Customers (prospects) at work.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Our weather in the transitional seasons seem to becoming more and more extended more and more unpredictable.

Dress up in the morning for the cold, shed coats/clothes mid day because it went from 30-40s degrees to 60-70s, so you go back to work with no coat and by the time you get off it's back down in the 40s....

Or we get an early frost and everything is freezing for a week, we're all set for winter then BAM, it's 80 degrees again? only for it to change next week.
    Last edited by Armatus; December 01, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

year 2012

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by America125 View Post
    1- muslims 2 rudeness 3 people who always appear to be happy 20/7 4 when I mention a TW game and no one ever heard of it 5 sick ppl who come to school ( by sick I mean like having a cold ) 6 tree hugging librals (I dont care about democrats though ) 7 fat ppl 8 ppl who burst into other ppls buissness 9 plain stupidness ( no common sense ) 10 people who dont beleive in personal space 11 ppl who comment on everything 12 lazy cops 13 the game age of empires 14 ppl that think FL is warm all yr around 15 pot lucks ewwww btw stay on topic ppl
    This guy. 0.o

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    This guy. 0.o
    He's a true patriot.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!