Page 27 of 249 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

boofhead's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

Serial People/Animal rapist dubbed the 'Beast of Blenheim' or is getting released very soon. He cannot be held in prison any longer but there is still a very high chance of reoffending. He is being moved into basically a small shed outside of the prison in a town called Whanganui but is not actually staying in the prison itself. Hes going to be GPS monitored and be under supervision.- 2 Guards
    Huge community uproar. A few meetings voicing concerns about this. Death threats going around. This guy is fearing for his life i've heard. Basically we have a bit of 'quick grab your pitchforks and axes, assemble the posse, its vigilante time'
    Lovely chap http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stewart_Murray_Wilson

We had a similar case when a notorious pedo was released. He was hounded from everywhere he was placed to live, people put coffins on his doorstep, and to this day every time he is spotted his picture and location is put in the newspapers LOL.

This guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ferguson

@boof that is a pretty considerable WTF, I don't think such a thing would be legal in the US.

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Tv show, you Australians/ British might remember this. 'The Block'
    Reality competition tv show. DIY house renovation. Teams have to renovate run down houses 1 room at a time and get judged on it at the end of each episode.

The show itself it quite a good watch but it is chock full of passive advertising and once you realise it you go 'wow.
    First episode task, go to Bunnings warehouse and find stuff. Bunnings gets mentioned like 20 times through out the duration of the episide as the contestants run through the store trying to find coloured bit of wood the cameras passively give an overview of the range of goods that Bunnings sells

During the add break...wow what a coincidence, a "Bunnings Warehouse advert!"

Some contestants a filmed using their ipad multiple times throughout the show. But no apple isnt a sponsor here. Its Kiwibank. Yes Kiwibank offers online banking services through your ipad.
    You can tell that Kiwibank has gone like "OK so thats $30,000 sponsorship, that equals to 3 minutes of filming the contestants using our kiwibank app. We must have at least 1 minute of closeups of it so we can see the very easy to use interface.
    The adbreak has none other that the couple that used the kiwibank app starring on the kiwibank ad!

The big one Wildbean Cafe. One of the contestants storms out during the show in a non scripted event. "I've had enough i want out".
    The couple get in their suv and drive down the road. Presumably they're going to drive back to the house and pack their gear and will leave. "Oh look a petrol station with a cafe, we need petrol anyway"
    So they stop off at this cafe. Why what a coincidence, its Wildbean cafe! Buy a coffee and muffin and Wildbean cafe and all your stress and problems will go away.
    As usual we get generous footage of the interior of Wildbean cafe, showing the clean facilities, friendly staff and good food
    A few minutes later its back to normal. Looks like Wildbean cafe did their job.
    Ad break has Wild-bean cafe adverts staring none other that the contestants of the show who happened to drop in to grab a bit earlier on!

Its pretty bloody obvious that each couple was probably asked to show off one of the shows sponsors. Team A, you sponsor this, team B you sponsor this. Throughout the show, you wil use these products and visit these stores. You will also have to appear in tv adds of those sponsors
    -----------------------

Last edited by Voodo chile; August 18, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Walmart is getting into this act big time if anyone has noticed lately.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Im under the influence of weed and watching this... WTF is this

Last edited by Krieglord; August 21, 2012 at 02:35 AM.

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Waterparks. I'll never understand how people can have fun swimming in other people's filth.

And how this summer turned out. It was looking so hopeful at the beginning, until a few of my friendships dissolved and I was sick for all of July and everything just went to .

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

^ Its not so much the actual swimming thats the main attraction, its more the slides etc.

And unless you have a private pool, you can say that about any swimming.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Waterparks. I'll never understand how people can have fun swimming in other people's filth.
    Yea thats the last thing that you want to cross your mind when you're at the swimming pool!
    Its really bad when you've been to the pool before and witnessed the lifeguards do a bit of poo fishing. That memory never leaves your mind and is prone to popping up any time you are at a pool

Also the plantar warts. God i had like 3 of those on my feet that i picked up from various pools. They stayed there for like 4 years. All that dead skin and wart virus which sits on the bottom of the pool as the rough surface scrapes the skin cells off the bottom of peoples feet.

The slightly bubbly and viscous water that you see and are unable to fully distinguish as it might be just your mind playing tricks of you

There are few places in the world I can think of I would never want to be. This is in my top 10, along with Aleppo in Syria, the Liberian trash heaps, or swimming in the Ganges River on body dumping day.

And how this summer turned out. It was looking so hopeful at the beginning, until a few of my friendships dissolved and I was sick for all of July and everything just went to .
    Do you have a weak immune system? I can see if you're getting sick easily and for an entire month why you'd stay away.

But I don't do public pools anymore just thinking about the number 1s I did when I was a kid and thinking it funny.

I would tend to get a little bit of a cold after swimming in the high school pool, never liked how humid and wet it was it always felt dirty.

As for warts it's pretty common to pick them up in locker rooms and pools, they may go away, but the doctors tell you HPV is for life. Not anything to really worry about though, I mean chances are most people have been exposed to warts at some point.

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

REPUBLIC OF CROATIA

Government of Republic of Croatia

Office for coordination of the systems
    of evaluation of effects of (government) acts.
    Last edited by Aru; August 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: missed a word
    Has signatures turned off.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    [IMG]Office for coordination of the systems
    of evaluation of government acts.
    the kind of things perfect governments do when they even have plenty of money

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Do you have a weak immune system? I can see if you're getting sick easily and for an entire month why you'd stay away.
    Not really. And I haven't been in the water at a public pool/water park for years. I just sit and watch while my little brother goes in.

The illness was completely random and the docs couldn't figure out what it was, but it's over with now so all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    the kind of things perfect governments do when they even have plenty of money
    When they have unemployed ruling party members.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    When they have unemployed ruling party members.
    WTF

Governments make redundant agencies to create more jobs in the government, where they can employ the members of the ruling party who are too important to be given jobs in local governments. At least in smaller countries.

Corruption 101.

Koelkastmagneet's Avatar Vicarius

The fact that people managed to get the Dutch language thread closed over supposed racism.
    ☻ This is a random collection of symbols. He's tired of you abusing him.
    /▌\  Don't copy-paste this if you know what's good for you.
    / \

I just realized I never celebrated my 5 year anniversary on the forum

Nana tried a restoration job and failed

BADLY.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921