Page 14 of 249 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Rezanus View Post
    -Gay,Lesbian,Transgender
    Your WTF makes me WTF

Indefinitely Banned

Obsessed...

...anti-Bieber fans
    ...anti-Skrillex fans
    ...anti-Twilight fans
    etc...

Just because those people are ridiculous. They can't stop their bashing, which is growing very old, and then they post comments where they plan to kill the fans of those things. IMO those people are worse than the actual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    Obsessed...

...anti-Bieber fans
    ...anti-Skrillex fans
    ...anti-Twilight fans
    etc...

Just because those people are ridiculous. They can't stop their bashing, which is growing very old, and then they post comments where they plan to kill the fans of those things. IMO those people are worse than the actual fans.
    True story. You'd think that after 2 years, comments like 'lolz Justin Bieber be gay' would grow old, but apparently they don't.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    True story. You'd think that after 2 years, comments like 'lolz Justin Bieber be gay' would grow old, but apparently they don't.
    Especially when he's banging a girl that 99% of those people wouldn't have a chance with unless there was a massive level of drugs involved.
    He may be annoying but what 18 year old isn't? At least he can get some serious vag. Credit to him.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I agree. I don't like his music, but it's not hurting anyone. Let him and the fans be.

Anyway, my WTF is that petition going on in the Rome II section.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Princess Celestia♔ View Post
    I agree. I don't like his music, but it's not hurting anyone. Let him and the fans be.

Anyway, my WTF is that petition going on in the Rome II section.
    Which one of them?

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

The one with "The campaign is too complex."

Indefinitely Banned

So, there are people who actually support this "make games simple enough for retards to play them" theme.

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Eeyup. They call themselves veterans, but all that petition is for is to nerf the singleplayer and focus on MP. I don't know about you, but I almost never play MP.

Indefinitely Banned

I never played much MP either. Only a single battle of M2TW with my steam pal.

The whole simplification of games is just so that the game companies can get casual players buy their games too, increasing the money they get (surprise, surprise).

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

I still can't nor want to believe that there are people who think the campaign is too complex, if anything it's too simple.

Indefinitely Banned

I could agree, but on the other hand, I haven't played S2TW at all. The campaign of ETW at first felt somewhat more complex than the M2TW campaign I was used to, but with active playing it doesn't take long to get the hang of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodo chile View Post
    Yea i think that only happens to guys and its a really primitive masochistic thing where there's the whole dominant and submission thing going on there. You'le be walking there and it will seem that if you change your walking path and move over off the footpath onto the grass or gutter, then it seems 'submissive' if you know what i mean. There's nothing wrong with doing so but it doesnt feel right to you. Especially if you are the one of the far side of the grass and end up moving to the opposite side

Anyway this happened a few weeks back. It wasnt entirely due to dickheadedness though but i was pretty pissed though not to mention shaking with adrenaline afterwards

Basically i was cycling home and it was getting dark close to 6:00pm

I made the mistake of turning into the right turning lane and trying to turn right instead of doing what they call a 'hook turn'

So in this diagram, i'm the green block. The light was green and i was waiting for a break in the incoming traffic. So this car was behind me and was beeping his horn. And i was thinking wtf is going on. I'm turning and supposed to give way to non turning traffic coming towards me.

Anyway i thought i might move over to the side of the lane as i was sitting in the middle of the lane to increase visibility. I couldnt/wouldnt move so far over as to cross the center-lane as there were some trucks in the oncoming traffic and i could easily get taken out by one of them. But this guy behind me insisted on me getting out of the way as he wanted to drive straight.

So in responce to this, instead of pulling the fingers at him i moved forward, closer to the center of the intersection, hoping he could now drive just to the side of me.

A short while later i feel a smack and a forceful shove and its this cars side-view mirror which would have hit my back but luckily i had a low slung satchel + an a3 folder slung across my back. Jesus Christ this gave me a fright. It was as if someone has sprinted towards me and then gently gave me a powerful shove in the back!
    I then got a "get out the way!" as he drove past

If i had been in a car, it would have been normal and he would have waited for me to turn when there was a break in the oncomming traffic as what normally happens. But i feel that because i was a cyclist, he didn't feel that he should wait behind me.

My God! Don't you guys have traffic laws there?? That's ridiculous and that's the kind of thing that invokes the real road rage, that's brick through window kind of ... glad you're alright though.

As I've said somewhere before I try to maintain a semi-Buddhist style of driving these days, and I had to really keep it in check when I was living in the Chicago area, people get shot and die over road rage there.

I had a couple of dirties mad because they wanted to push into my lane when there was no space for them, they finally cut me off and then when traffic jammed up one of them jumped out to give me his form of street wisdom. I was on my way to an interview in a button down and slacks and thought if these guys wants some I'll have to jump in the back and grab my golf club (I don't golf by the way, I found them lol). I could just think of the story on the news that would have made... luckily he got back in their ride for both of our sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Your WTF makes me WTF

It is what it is, unless someone's being dishonest about their conversion, letting you know after you're in bed together.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Princess Celestia♔ View Post
    Eeyup. They call themselves veterans, but all that petition is for is to nerf the singleplayer and focus on MP. I don't know about you, but I almost never play MP.

We are veterans, multiplayer has been a thriving community since 1999 and just because you don't see them here on TWC doesn't mean they don't have a right to voice their desires because I can tell you MP never got the love up until recently until CA realized the world is becoming interconnected through video games and social media.

You have to admit considering you're both here to talk about your game experiences regardless if you played them all by your lonesome.

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

I generously allowed a neighbor to use part of our storage locker in our building. Older woman, nice enough. She had "seasonal decorations" that needed to be stored. No big deal. Now that ing thing is full of her crap. Boxes of shoes, her granddaughters toys - list goes on.

It's like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode about sharing cabinet space in an office. You give up one cabinet and eventually you will be forced out entirely. People are oblivious these days. Totally oblivious to everyone else.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

give an inch they take a mile.

Voodo chile's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    My God! Don't you guys have traffic laws there?? That's ridiculous and that's the kind of thing that invokes the real road rage, that's brick through window kind of ... glad you're alright though.
    Basicall you want to take the straightest route anywhere! This is on a fairly semi suburban area, its nowhere near cbd urban area so they dont have the high capacity traffic lights that tell individual lanes to turn. The traffic lights here just which roads can go but the rest has to be worked out by remembering the give way rules.

The reason why it was so congested (my theory) is that we actually have two fairly large towns just north of our city roughly a population 10-15,000 each and these towns rely heavily on our city, especially for work (basically they're large suburbs). So you have a large volume of people travelling to our city in the morning and night to commute for work.
    Our city is based on the traditional build of central city area, surrounded by suburb residential areas surrounding it. 18th century English town planning sort of stuff. Naturally there would be an even spread of residential areas right along the perimeter of town and ideally traffic would only build up as you got into the central city.

But what we have is large new residential subdivisions built up north popping up and the we still have the lowish density roads which were only intended to work smoothly with a certain ammount of traffic. And when you do get heavyt build-ups, it can literally become impossible to turn right at an intersection due to the massive stream on straight travelling traffic

I;ve been up to Auckland which is a supercity. Massive population compared to ours.
    I worked out on a map that Auckland is roughly 3 times longer than Christchurch if you measure the travel distance from one side of town to the other.
    When we got ner the auckland reigon we noticed the state highway get noticable wider and more concreted up until we got to the point where we were in a 6 lane total freeway. This freeway continued into the city and we found out actually went straight through the city and had multiple exit/entry ramps. We were effectively driving through the city at 100kmph and we covered far more land than we would have dont in Chch as there were no traffic lights and you only really had to drive through about 4km max of normal roads to get anywhere.
    Despite this i still wouldnt fancy living in Auckland. Hell even Chch is too busy. There is a bit of a dilima when you think about that. Big city = niche + opportunity + variety.
    Little town/village = Peace of mind. Stores are generally staple ones and more expensive + no niche. Long drive to electronics store.

You have to get a nice balance of the two.

As for Rtw2. I'm all up for more complexity of the campaign map. Its been getting better but it could be improved. The more realistic the better imo (to an extent)
    I'm the sort of player who wasnt 'too' keen on multiplayer. Largely due to the fact half of my strategy is done on teh campaign map. I'm all 'if the two sides have equal ammount of soldiers and there is over a 50% chance you may lose, then you're an ideot and you should never have been sitting ther in the first place'
    I'm all for attacking the weak points and trying get fight battles where i outnumber or have a superior position. It may also be why i am drawn to games like Arma and even further, DayZ where there is a massive emphasis on 'shoot that guy when hes not looking/ you have a massive advantage' and i'll day that 95% of killings happen when it is very one sided. Firefights are actually pretyt dam rare in DayZ.
    But in total war i'm more up the the belief that the victor has largely, already been chosen before it even starts. Yea, what you do during the battle can have a major impact but if you're 'doing it right' ,then you should be able to fight the battle fairly easily

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

-Arma 2 fps
    -The Sims 3 gameplay
    -How hard it is to have a normal battle in RTW online
    -Pyros on TF2
    -Syria
    -Viral videos
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Consulting the TV guide to find you have the choice between reality TV, car- makeover shows, house makeover shows, fashion make-over shows, plastic surgerly makeover shows, weight loss shows, talent shows, real life soaps, celebrities being celebrities by being celebrities shows, DIY shows, cooking shows, cooking competition shows, gardening shows, celebrity dancing competition shows, super-nanny shows, dog whispering shows, paragnostic shows, criminal pursuit shows, airplane disaster shows, traffic police shows, live from the hospital shows, dating shows.............
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Omnisiah View Post
    Obsessed...

...anti-Bieber fans
    ...anti-Skrillex fans
    ...anti-Twilight fans
    etc...

This, this!

One of the few things that rustle my jimmies.

9GAG is where most of those are, it makes me sick seeing people like that on the site

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

The Book of Mormon