Page 8 of 249 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that make you go WTF

jsktrogdor's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Things that make you go WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    No that's bs when they've got a stretch of lane a mile long to make their merge yet they continue to drive parallel with you forcing you to slow the entire lane down and yes I am well aware of merging traffic and I do let people in who are clearly making an effort otherwise I take it upon myself to avoid the entire situation and get over into the next lane over or speed up because they apparent would rather crash into someone than do the same.

But what I was really referring to is street traffic no so much exit/entry ramps where you do have the right of way and they expect traffic to just stop in the middle of forwarding moving vehicles, you can't just stop in the middle of the road and expect everyone to say okay I'll cause an accident because of this moron who is clearly living in their own world!
    I was referring to street traffic too. And you still dont have whats referred to as "right of way". If you're turning left acrost traffic into a parking lot & someone is turning left out of it. Then you have "right of way". If you're an ocean liner & are sharing a bay with a dingy, then you have "right of way". You dont have to allow someone to merge in front of you. But it's considered bad form not to.

You dont actually have to stop to let someone over btw, maybe thats your issue. You can just slightly depress the break pedel for aprox 2 seconds.

However, if they need to get over and say, turn at the next cross street? They will need to stop if no one lets them in, and they often do. Which often does cause accidents. Unlike yeilding to someone trying to merge, which is generally considered good driving habit & proper etiquette.

I think you confirmed much of what I said, except I don't think it's bad form not to let someone hold up traffic if traffic wasn't already going slow or stopped, obviously a driver can't just cut you off hence they attempt to take advantage of your better nature rather than doing what they should be doing like a responsible driver and either plan ahead or in the case that they miss a turn go down to the next cross street like I do since I don't have that kind of self importance.

I think you confirmed much of what I said, except I don't think it's bad form not to let someone hold up traffic if traffic wasn't already going slow or stopped, obviously a driver can't just cut you off hence they attempt to take advantage of your better nature rather than doing what they should be doing like a responsible driver and either plan ahead or in the case that they miss a turn go down to the next cross street like I do since I don't have that kind of self importance.
    Sure they're a poor driver. They arent paying attention. They're distracted by something. They've had a lapse in concentration. They're unfamiliar with the area. They're genuinely lost.

Take your pick.

All of them could cause what you've described to happen. We're all guilty of at least one of them at some point (yes, even you). And they're all signs of poor driving.

But the key to good driving is this:

It takes at least 2 poor drivers to cause in accident. In this case, you'd be one of them.
    Last edited by jsktrogdor; May 07, 2012 at 12:06 AM.

I disagree.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by That Dutch guy View Post

And I say this a lot, to a lot of people but here it still goes:

There have been more intelligent people than you who believed in religion, there are more intelligent people than you who believe in religion and in the future there will be smarter people than you who believe in religion.
    Apparently they are not smarter than me, if they believe in some silly interpretation of how to live your life. Believing in a god or several gods can be achieved by having a personal spiritual belief (agnosticism). Believing in a religion mean you buying into some archaic understanding of the world by, IE, a guy who walked around pretending to be God's son or some guy who liked to get high and believe that God was talking to him, while he was stoned out of his mind. In the end it would be easier to tolerate religious people, if they weren't so annoying with their need to convert others to buying into their crap or their demands to governments to take special care of their belief.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

I disagree.
    All that it takes for bad drivers to triumph is for good drivers to do nothing
    Batman said that. You really going to disagree with Batman????

Check. And. Mate.

You clearly didn't read my posts or got hung up on something you didn't like. I don't force people off the road as much as I would like to.

You clearly didn't read my posts or got hung up on something you didn't like.

It was when people dont let me in even though I'm signaling properly.

That makes me go WTF.

If it is a legitimate merge no problem, provided there's space and you aren't stopping in the middle of traffic sure I'll let you in.

If it is a legitimate merge no problem, provided there's space and you aren't stopping in the middle of traffic sure I'll let you in.
    If theres legitimate space I dont need you to let me in.

Then why would I have a problem?

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

bronies (no offense, I find you guys quite peculiar)
    None taken.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Indefinitely Banned

-Those bronies who collect toys in big amounts, wear sailor moon suits, and then get interviewed by the media.

-Long line mathematics

-school food over here

-My earphones breaking after a month of use.

-When I play TF2 and:
    --my team is full of snipers and spies
    --I get dominated by 3 other players and then they leave the match before I can get revenge
    --my own team doesn't manage to do anything

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

-When I play CS:S and get headshotted every time.

ween i read some thing like this

''Twitter is prohibited. Don't criticize through Twitter!"
    -Shaick Abdulaziz Al-Alshaick, the grand mofti of Saudi Arabia

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

When I play Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars and I try to bayonet people.

When the weekend is over.

For some reason the forum is double posting my posts... WTF

delete this.
    Last edited by Armatus; May 07, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

-The designs of buildings were I live. In Arizona it's simply "stucco,Mexican tile,sand or tan color." I understand the whole desert feel,they want to convey I guess,but still it's kind of boring.
    -Restaurants where the condiments and other items like that aren't put out for easy use. This mostly applies to fast food places,I guess. We had a McDonald's here were you had to go and ask for a refill. Thankfully they remodeled it 3 months ago.
    -Trash on the ground,next to trashcans which are not full.
    -The DVDs for Time Warner films. Most of the time you can't fast forward through the commercials,and just when you think your done the second half of commercials start.
    -People who think I some nutcase or that I'm disabled because I have ADD(Attention Deficit Disorder.)
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Aeneas Veneratio View Post
    Apparently they are not smarter than me, if they believe in some silly interpretation of how to live your life. Believing in a god or several gods can be achieved by having a personal spiritual belief (agnosticism). Believing in a religion mean you buying into some archaic understanding of the world by, IE, a guy who walked around pretending to be God's son or some guy who liked to get high and believe that God was talking to him, while he was stoned out of his mind. In the end it would be easier to tolerate religious people, if they weren't so annoying with their need to convert others to buying into their crap or their demands to governments to take special care of their belief.

Most athiests only seem to take examples of extreme islam or extreme chrstianity for their arguments yet completely ignore the fact that there is thousands of other religions that don't follow that format.
    There are religions that don't even have gods in them and there are religions that have multiple gods. There are religions that teach you to be open and love everyone (which is actually something i was taught as a Catholic, that includes gay people).

It's actually a pretty ignorant thing to generalise every religion, which is ironic considering alot of athiests accuse religious people of being ignorant.

I was raised a Catholic and contrary to popular belief, i was never fiddled by my priest and i was taught to have no problem with gay people or other religions or anything. I may not practice Catholocism now but i do believe that being brought up in that environment made me a better person.