Thread: Realeased: Improved Standards /Banners/ Officers

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Realeased: Improved Standards /Banners/ Officers

Presenting the "Standards, Officers, Banners" (SOB?) mod

Goal: as the title state, the aim is to improve the aspect
    of Standards / Banners / Officers in the game, both in terms of historical accuratcy and also cosmetics . This is an offshoot of my HURB mod, so for those who like this mod you can try that as well.

Installation: just download the file attached at the bottom of this post and extract the content into the SS6.3/data folder and overwrite.

Competibility: should be competible with anything that doesn't change the EDU and BMDB. (aka new units new models)

Main changes

1.Current Turkish Standard ( the Green Cresent and Star ) goes to Egypt. (Fatimids were well known to have used green, Turks didn't, the current Fatimid standard is clearly that of the Abbasids)

2.Turks will use the Blue Double headed eagle with bow (it's historically debatable but at least more likely than the Green Flag which was clearly used by the Fatimids)

3.Moors will use one based on the Almohad Flag

4. Currently no banner have been made for Cumans and Khwarezmid, so you have the hilarious sight of a (extremely ugly) muslim officer carrying a Mongol Flag for the Cumans. I'll make those.

5. Adjust the Turks / Egypt / Moors Standard based on their standard changes.

6. New Standard bearers for everyone (except greeks), new Cuman / Eastern European / Islamic officers as well

Content:

(Moorish Standard)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(Khwarezmid Banners and new islamic flag bearer)

(new turks and Egypt symbols)

Cuman standard bearer and cuman flag

New Northern European standard bearer

New Turkish flag

New Eastern European Captain (yes that flag's still a bit messed up I fixed it)

Credits:

Broken Cresent content by Alpha Delta
    Kings Banners
    Ruschi material
    Last edited by RollingWave; April 29, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Lord Derfel's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: WIP: Improved Standards /Banners/ Officers

This looks good. Looking forward to the release!

Ok, almost done, most of the files are there I just need to make the sub_mod folder now.

a few more pick preview

Cuman standard bearer and cuman flag

New Northern European standard bearer

New Turkish flag

New Eastern European Captain (yes that flag's still a bit messed up I'll adjust)
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Very nicely done!

The Cumans needed new standards badly!

Default Re: Realeased: Improved Standards /Banners/ Officers

ok, it's done, enjoy.

Thanks for this downloading now.

+rep

Hey, I have just downloaded this and will be tinkering with it for a bit later. Before I start though - I'm looking for some standard bearers for my own mod (I'm working on Lands to Conquer Gold, and this is not for release, only for me) and was thinking of using the ones in this mod. I have added some units of my own already which changes some necessary files I suppose. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this (or can anyone tell me if this is impossible)?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I successfully did it with the northern_early model (implemented with Portugal only for the moment). What I'm wondering now: Is there a later, armoured model for heavier units?
    Last edited by Alpa; July 28, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

Decanus

so does BotB not work with this mod

hmm, probably doesn't work with BoTB. that one changes too many stuff.

@Alpa : yes you can use these if you want since most of the source is from King's banner or Broken Cresent anyway.

As to how to do you own men, first you need to learn how to use MS3D editors, then you can read this.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=banner

Does this also change the Kingdom of Jerusalem's banner and that of some of the holy knight orders from the Papal one to the correct one? That has bothered me for the longest time.
    "The desire for glory clings even to the best men longer than any other passion." Tacitus - Histories, Book IV, 6

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    hmm, probably doesn't work with BoTB. that one changes too many stuff.

@Alpa : yes you can use these if you want since most of the source is from King's banner or Broken Cresent anyway.

As to how to do you own men, first you need to learn how to use MS3D editors, then you can read this.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=banner
    So, I did it. Removed banners from my game in the preferences file, and added a flag bearer for every single unit. Besides yours, I made a late/armoured one, a byzantine one, a mongol/timurid one, a middle eastern one and a crusader one. Only couldn't create an aztec bearer because there was no banner texture for them in your model and I don't know how to assign them in milkshape (I'll fix that with the tutorial).

If you are interested in including this in your mod I'd be glad to send you the files.

Cheers

EDIT: I only realized this after posting. Your mod already has all this, I just couldn't use it because I didn't have the SS files. My offer still stands though, if you want to make a stand-alone version. If not, can I release it myself? I'll give you credit for the early bearer and the standards of course.
    Last edited by Alpa; August 07, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Libertus

Might be a stupid question and I can see it's been many years already, but how exactly do I download this? I don't see a link anywhere. Thanks in advance!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

The download link is gone and unless somebody re-uploads that submod again, this is lost for good unfortunately

Edit: it might be included in HURB but as I've never played it, I can't confirm
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; May 18, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader